X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon
    • Apr 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

I don't mind this thread (it might just be my least favourite on SZ, but I really love the content of this site) but the whole "demanding constructive feedback" part I've never gotten. In the end, the way you dress - just like other forms of creative expression - is just an expression of your personality. I don't particularly gain a lot of pleasure from shitting all over - or praising for that matter -someone's style. The only thing I ask is that it's an honest representation of who you are. The majority of the people on here just honestly appreciate fashion and have an understanding of what makes designers special and that's what makes this forum better than the other's I've spent a bit of time on. It just happens to be that most of us like well made, thoughtful clothes....</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

CHRIS: looking good!</P>
    Originally posted by merz
    perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Re: What are you wearing today?

actually, the whole list of google's artists themes is interesting. everything from maeda to koons to d&amp;g.

Comment

• CHRIS
        Banned
        • Dec 2006

[quote user="xadam"]

[quote user="CHRIS"]

dolce and gabbanablistered moto vest
        gucci cowl neck hoodie
        dsquared drop crotch shorts
        kris van assche moleskin trousers
        andrew mckenzie slouchy boots[/quote]</P>

i bet this is on your igoogle homepage.</P>

[/quote]</P>

nah. i personalized mine with pictures of dean and dan caten. NAKED.</P>

Comment

• iSuck
          • Mar 2008

[quote user="laika"][quote user="iSuck"][quote user="generic_guy"]

[86]
          </P>

I really don't understand poeple who post in here without at least lurking for a while and seeing what the site is about.</P>

Would they go into a pub/bar and walk up to a group of strangers and start interrupting their conversation with their opinions? It's just common courtesy.[/quote]</P>

That makes it seem more clubby and like there is heirarchy.</P>

[/quote]</P>

But it really is rude, imo, to show up, post a picture of yourself and demand "constructive feedback," without having contributed anything to the site or even indicating that you are interested in what the forum is about. Particularly when you have a habit of repeating the same behaviour in the waywt threads of other fashion forums... [79]
          </P>

[/quote]</P>

On other sites I know you can restrict accounts with certain # of posts from accessing certain threads or sections. Perhaps this could be a discussion here to have something similar on this site where you need 25 posts before you can contribute here?</P>

Comment

• lowrey
            ventiundici
            • Dec 2006

[quote user="Cestlavie"]when you think you are crazy about fashion, why do you only accept one certain direction of fashion and dont even recognize, that there is more going on?[/quote]</P>

I'm sure everyone recognizes theres more going on, but if you havent noticed, the focus of this forum has generally beensomewhat specific. it has focused on certain type of aesthetics (more than one of course, but still limited), and as much as it would make sense to "welcome everything", it also makes sense to focus on certain styles/views/preferences/whatever.</P>
            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• laika
              • Sep 2006

[quote user="iSuck"]

On other sites I know you can restrict accounts with certain # of posts from accessing certain threads or sections. Perhaps this could be a discussion here to have something similar on this site where you need 25 posts before you can contribute here?</p>

[/quote]</p>

Well, i hate the idea of restrictions unless they are absolutely necessary. I think we just need a waywt guideline that says SZ is not "What Not to Wear". And if people want to introduce themselves via this thread, they should actually say a coupla words, instead of just throwing up a pic. </p>
              ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Jon
                • Apr 2008

I think over the past 6 pages the point has been made, hence no pics posted on this page... let's get the WAYWT ball rollin'.</P>

I passed out on my friend's floor last night and I probably look like I don't belong in a high-end clothing store today, otherwise I'd volunteer a pic.</P>
                Originally posted by merz
                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• landwolf
                  Banned
                  • Apr 2008

i agree with jon.. nothing exciting here though</p>

</p>

</p>

luc, ksubi, wings + horns</p>

Comment

• iSuck
                    • Mar 2008

Cutler &amp; Gross glasses
                    Patrik Ervell wind breaker
                    Thom Browne red/white/blue shirt
                    Martin Margiela chinos
                    Thom Browne oxfords

Comment

• j8y
                      • Dec 2007

^ can't wait to see you rocking the raf simons sandals. It's gonna be interesting. [75]</p>

</p>

yohji yamamoto
                      </p>

tsubi
                      </p>

raf simons</p>

(lego backpack)</p>

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Shit, I go on vacation and look what happens. Hmm... [86]</p>

A few things I would like to say (I have a headache from reading the last ten pages)</p>

1. Laika is right - I will not post restrictions here. I think ignoring certain posts is the best tool of discouragement.</p>

2. I really hate the idea that this forum is about CCP and everything else will be criticized. That is not to say that the D2 dude's picture wasn't rightfully blasted, albeit in the wrong words maybe? I want to reiterate - EVERYONE who has something interesting to say about fashion is welcome here. I'd rather you show up here in stylish Gucci and tell me why you love Tom Ford rather than asking for the millionth time how much the new CCP overlock costs.</p>

3. Zam is right - posting your picture without any background and without contributing to other forum areas is bullshit. Posting a white tee and sweatpants is double-bullshit as Zam pointed out again - it'd downright disrespectful to waste people's time like that. And, c'est la vie, your post about how busy you are in order to post in other threads is laughable. Just create a blog or something where you can post your sweatpants and pretend that people care, because you obviously not busy enough.</p>

4. AKA is right - this is not a fucking makeover forum. If you want to learn, browse the threads, hang out, and learn slowly. One doesn't get a sense of style overnight - it's a lifelong process, like anything else that's worth learning. That's the advice I gave Agent_J, and I believe that was a constructive one, and he understood it - why can't others?</p>

5. Stop whining about how narrow-minded this forum is. Enough. You want to widen the scope - it's up to you. Your participation or lack thereof is what steers the forum in a certain direction. It's too easy to criticize (I'm guilty of it myself), but it's much more gratifying to build something.
                        </p>
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                          • Jan 2008

When the big man is out of town</p>

the kids come out to play! [H]</p>

[86]</p>
                          Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                          Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                            • Nov 2007

[quote user="Faust"]Shit, I go on vacation and look what happens. Hmm... [86]
                            [/quote]</p>

Just wait till you see the classifieds. ;) </p>
                            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

Shit, I go on vacation and look what happens. Hmm... [86]</p>

A few things I would like to say (I have a headache from reading the last ten pages)</p>

1. Laika is right - I will not post restrictions here. I think ignoring certain posts is the best tool of discouragement.</p>

2. I really hate the idea that this forum is about CCP and everything else will be criticized. That is not to say that the D2 dude's picture wasn't rightfully blasted, albeit in the wrong words maybe? I want to reiterate - EVERYONE who has something interesting to say about fashion is welcome here. I'd rather you show up here in stylish Gucci and tell me why you love Tom Ford rather than asking for the millionth time how much the new CCP overlock costs.</p>

3. Zam is right - posting your picture without any background and without contributing to other forum areas is bullshit. Posting a white tee and sweatpants is double-bullshit as Zam pointed out again - it'd downright disrespectful to waste people's time like that. And, c'est la vie, your post about how busy you are in order to post in other threads is laughable. Just create a blog or something where you can post your sweatpants and pretend that people care, because you obviously not busy enough.</p>

4. AKA is right - this is not a fucking makeover forum. If you want to learn, browse the threads, hang out, and learn slowly. One doesn't get a sense of style overnight - it's a lifelong process, like anything else that's worth learning. That's the advice I gave Agent_J, and I believe that was a constructive one, and he understood it - why can't others?</p>

5. Stop whining about how narrow-minded this forum is. Enough. You want to widen the scope - it's up to you. Your participation or lack thereof is what steers the forum in a certain direction. It's too easy to criticize (I'm guilty of it myself), but it's much more gratifying to build something.
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

Amen. </p>
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• kira
                                • Mar 2008

[quote user="AKA*NYC"]

[quote user="Faust"]Shit, I go on vacation and look what happens. Hmm... [86]
                                [/quote]</p>

Just wait till you see the classifieds. ;) </p>

[/quote]</p>

[86]</p>
                                Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎