X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="B.S"]youre all so intellectual. i just find them damn ugly.[/quote]</P>
    <P mce_keep="true"></P>

I like your honesty BS.</P>
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

</P>
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theaddict
        • Apr 2008

So i went to "Kurts" exhibit yesterday! He has a atelier, a old cellar which used to be a former candlelight manufacturing transportation tunnel. Many "fucked up" rooms, treated him to give them more "patina"...here he presented the new Poell stuff, leather paper jackets put in massive stone cubes which he build himself in one room. The side zip boots in white and yellow (!) put in a row in a room which had salt acid treated walls...pretty cool.

I post this here because he allowed me to take a pic of him presenting one of the Poell boots outside and you can see what he is wearing. He is lying on the floor, covering his face and presenting the boot on his foot, which lies on his bike, which he has also treated to give it a dirty and strong look...haha, he even wants to treat his Hummer like car, does look to clean to him...

and here is a close up of his bike and in the back his car:)

Last edited by theaddict; 12-16-2008, 04:06 AM.
        Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• JohnFG
          • May 2007

[quote user="theaddict"]

So i went to "Kurts" exhibit yesterday! He has a atelier, a old cellar which used to be a former candlelight manufacturing transportation tunnel. Many "fucked up" rooms, treated him to give them more "patina"...here he presented the new Poell stuff, leather paper jackets put in massive stone cubes which he build himself in one room. The side zip boots in white and yellow (!) put in a row in a room which had salt acid treated walls...pretty cool.</p>

I post this here because he allowed me to take a pic of him presenting one of the Poell boots outside and you can see what he is wearing. He is lying on the floor, covering his face and presenting the boot on his foot, which lies on his bike, which he has also treated to give it a dirty and strong look...haha, he even wants to treat his Hummer like car, does look to clean to him...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

and here is a close up of his bike and in the back his car:)</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

So we nearly met ;)</p>

I was not able to come to the exebition friday after midnight, but had the chance to see Kurt preparing the rooms for it last wednesday :))</p>

How did you like the "show" ... lots of STRONG people in the words of Kurt ... I believe?</p>

JF </p>

</p>

Comment

• B.S
            • Nov 2007

</P>

</P>

scarf, shirt - secondhand</P>

jeans - cheap monday </P>

boots - vintage westwood </P>

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

[quote user="JohnFG"][quote user="theaddict"]

So i went to "Kurts" exhibit yesterday! He has a atelier, a old cellar which used to be a former candlelight manufacturing transportation tunnel. Many "fucked up" rooms, treated him to give them more "patina"...here he presented the new Poell stuff, leather paper jackets put in massive stone cubes which he build himself in one room. The side zip boots in white and yellow (!) put in a row in a room which had salt acid treated walls...pretty cool.

I post this here because he allowed me to take a pic of him presenting one of the Poell boots outside and you can see what he is wearing. He is lying on the floor, covering his face and presenting the boot on his foot, which lies on his bike, which he has also treated to give it a dirty and strong look...haha, he even wants to treat his Hummer like car, does look to clean to him...

and here is a close up of his bike and in the back his car:)

[/quote]

So we nearly met ;)

I was not able to come to the exebition friday after midnight, but had the chance to see Kurt preparing the rooms for it last wednesday :))

How did you like the "show" ... lots of STRONG people in the words of Kurt ... I believe?

JF

[/quote]

haha, maybe next time...niiice presentation, especially the cube he build himself, the aesthetic of the rooms match the clothes and shoes perfectly. Well there were only a few people when i was there, Sophia, the other (i guess turkish?) woman who is working sometimes for him and a couple whom i see often at his store with a friend. When i left, some persian looking people arrived (gorgoeus looking women, but theirs styles were not Kurt"like" strooooong....).

In Kurts eyes i am still way not stroooong enough...haha...too much dior which he doesnt like...but i like how he stresses the word: "Stroooong, no?"
              Last edited by theaddict; 12-16-2008, 04:07 AM.
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• JohnFG
                • May 2007

Next time I go to KH, I'll let you know!</p>

This guy really is crazy - I like a lot how he lives his dream...</p>

JF </p>

Comment

• the breaks
                  • Sep 2007

[quote user="kira"]

I am trying to be positive today, but i just cant with these. I dont mean to be harsh and sorry if it comes off that way but, I just dont understand these... everyone has their own style and i am not degrading that at all. however, just considering the things themselves, not attached to anyone, etc. i can not even call them sandals. people may like them, but i just really cant. i do not find one redeeming thing about them. it almost feels as though they were created as a joke, i am sorry. i just dont think they can complete any outfit...i am not quite sure even how they function. it looks like just a bunch of colored straps attached together to wrap around the foot, barely even covering the bottom, which afterall is what the bottom of a shoe should do, otherwise why wear it? seeing it as an item in the other thread i did not care for them, but now seeing them being worn it is worse for me. sorry isuck but i just dont like it.
                  </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]

</p>

</p>

Does one really need to apologise 3 times when criticizing these things? They're the ugliest footwear I've ever laid my eyes on. </p>

</p>

edit: I see this was covered already hehe..
                  </p>
                  Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                    • Jun 2007

Hey Mike,

What shirt is that? Is it Label Under Construction? It looks really good on you. [Y]</p>

</p>

[quote user="mike lowrey"]</p>

</p>[/quote]

Comment

• Trendy Andy
                      • Jun 2007

Are these the Attachment J-type sweats? I don't recall them making a J-shape jeans in that dark wash color in the spring 08 collection. Nonetheless, that setup is really dope. Nicely coordinated. [73]</p>

</p>

[quote user="humancrack"]</p>

julius leather
                      damir doma double layer
                      attachment twist
                      rick owens combat</p>
                      <p mce_keep="true"></p>

Who? awesome exploder jkt</p>[/quote]

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

<P mce_keep="true"></P>

^ those look like denim, probably from some other collection, great fit btw, once again I wish I could fit a julius jacket :P</P>
                        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

[quote user="Trendy Andy"] Hey Mike,

What shirt is that? Is it Label Under Construction? It looks really good on you. [Y][/quote]</P>

sorry forgot to mention,theshirt isby N4. the brans is designed by Jun Hashimoto, the guy from wjk who formerly worked with carpe diem.</P>
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kira
                          • Mar 2008

[quote user="merz"][quote user="soultek"]

Not true, it's an algorithm. Doesnt' matter how it starts, if he keeps doing the same series of moves, he will end up with the solved cube no matter how it started. How he knows it is done is a mystery to me though as I've never tried it myself.
                          </p>

[/quote]</p>

i would generally accept that, but notice the beginning of the clip with the clock already running into 30 seconds, he is not yet blindfolded but *looking at the cube* and evidently memorising? I would assume anyway.</p>

[/quote]</p>

not that good it at with my eyes open let alone memorizing and then blindfolding myself...have not know your weaknesses</p>
                          Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="iSuck"][quote user="kira"]

A it almost feels as though they were created as a joke, i am sorry. b i just dont think they can complete any outfit...c) i am not quite sure even how they function. it looks like just a bunch of colored straps attached together to wrap around the foot, barely even covering the bottom, which afterall is what the bottom of a shoe should do, otherwise why wear it?.
                            </p>

[/quote]</p>

A) Fashion+Levity = the best type of clothing there is.</p>

B) I mentioned the best way to wear them was a more subdued manner than being the focal point.</p>

C)What footwear today aside from rainboots or something sport specific (i.e. cleats) really serve a fuction aside from adornment and decoration? Going from your house to the subway/car to work and back do we really require something that is going to "protect" and "shelter" our feet?</p>

[/quote]</p>

A: being fun with fashion is great. i agree completely. but i feel this may push that a little too far for me</p>

B: subdued manner would be good but i dont think it can be done with a piece like that- that was not accomplished in your waywt pic</p>

C: we do put things on our body for adornment and decoration yes. Certain items are that but still need to be more. i feel that shoes fall into this category. those are not being worn on the beach. i assume, they are being worn in nyc. so i just can not get away from maintaining that it should provide at least a sole for the foot, so that you are not walking on dirty concrete. it does not have to function like a rainboot or a trainer- obviously we wear these things aside from their initial intended 'functions'.</p>

aesthetically i do find them highly lacking. they are not what i would consider to be beautiful or successful as a piece. </p>
                            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

kira</p>

give it a rest. the guy would shoot Raf Simons into his veins if he could. </p>
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• iSuck
                                • Mar 2008

I'm suprised [:O] that given how much I drank [B] last night I was able to come home and type that.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎