• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="matthewhk"]

[quote user="merz"]crushed hopes, broken dreams.
    [/quote]</p>

this is the most fucking beautiful response i have ever read to a question in my entire life</p>

[/quote]</p>

In that case I want you to read the title story of this book. You will love it.</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

nice pic Joey. I would never buy/wear that bag Viridi, but it looks good on you, hope all is well for you in China.

Comment

• iSuck
        • Mar 2008

[quote user="Piffen"]

I don't mean to sound like I'm better than anyone else, </P>

[/quote]</P>

I thought that is what the internet was all about. :)</P>

Comment

• Piffen
          • Aug 2007

[quote user="laika"][quote user="philip nod"][quote user="Piffen"]

Why can't you just explain the reason for you to take the positions you do (not directed at anyone but at everyone reacting to all the Raf stuff like it's causing you pain)? It's just boring reading all this 'hating'.. Contributes to absolutely nothing, just like this post..^^</P>
          <P mce_keep="true"></P>

[/quote]</P>

that's pretty funny, BAN. R u referring to me, i think so.
          </P>

[/quote]</P>

i think he was referencing pipcleo's post and others like it. I agree with you, Piff.</P>

edit: i'm totally confused now...who called who irrelevant? [72]</P>

[/quote]</P>

Yeah, correct. Both you and Johnny. I don't mind the jargong or what it's called but it would be nice to see some reflections to as I guess you all have a reason to why you state the things you do.</P>

And Pnod, you're right. I didn't mean to call you irrelevant, I don't contribute jack and probably never will, unlike you, but still,I'd like to see some reflections - well, perhaps not yours then, since you say so.</P>

I'm just asking nicely and sincerely, or rather, that's what I mean to do. Sorry if this didn't come across as intended.</P>

Comment

• matthewhk
            • Jan 2007

Bravo, whoever posted in the past page and a half. This is the Stylezeitgeist I love and missed - and to think that I thought this site had lost its spark</P>

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Piffen, I think you are absolutely right to demand comprehensive answers. These "I hate this" posts are irrelevant.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

too much drinking, too many blurred keyboards, too many hangovers...</p>

i said that line about the SZ downward spiral because lately i haven't felt i related to SZ or cared about any content on here, and i'm trying to figure out why that is? but since i dont have any answers other than Raf's backpacks i didn't feel like it was worth talking about, just a forgotten thought bubble that comes and goes and has no answer. i was hoping that somebody else could fill in the blank and they have i guess bc somebody always will</p>
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kira
                  • Mar 2008

order slowy being restored- damn i was going to try to shake things up by posting a waywt pic with me wearing only my carpe diem boots. [86]
                  Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="kira"]order slowy being restored- damn i was going to try to shake things up by posting a waywt pic with me wearing only my carpe diem boots. [86]
                    [/quote]</p>

game over [&lt;:o)]
                    </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                      • Sep 2006

I don't know what makes you think order has been restored kira......</P>

Comment

• Diego
                        • Aug 2007

This is still a mess if you ask me girl

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

[quote user="philip nod"]

i said that line about the SZ downward spiral because lately i haven't felt i related to SZ or cared about any content on here, and i'm trying to figure out why that is? but since i dont have any answers other than Raf's backpacks i didn't feel like it was worth talking about, just a forgotten thought bubble that comes and goes and has no answer. i was hoping that somebody else could fill in the blank and they have i guess bc somebody always will</p>

[/quote]</p>

Allow me to take a stab at it. You feel that SZ has lapsed into a monotonous where to cop/how much/look at me conversation, instead of flowing in an intelligent manner. Which is a bit different from Johnny's dissatisfaction with SZ becoming PoellZeitgeist, but sort of in the same vein. But I have a solution for you, post something interesting to mix things up.
                          </p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

well said, Faust, but what does that have to do with Raf backpacks? [:^)]
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Casius
                              • Dec 2006

[quote user="Faust"][quote user="philip nod"]

i said that line about the SZ downward spiral because lately i haven't felt i related to SZ or cared about any content on here, and i'm trying to figure out why that is? but since i dont have any answers other than Raf's backpacks i didn't feel like it was worth talking about, just a forgotten thought bubble that comes and goes and has no answer. i was hoping that somebody else could fill in the blank and they have i guess bc somebody always will </p>

[/quote]</p>

Allow me to take a stab at it. You feel that SZ has lapsed into a monotonous where to cop/how much/look at me conversation, instead of flowing in an intelligent manner. Which is a bit different from Johnny's dissatisfaction with SZ becoming PoellZeitgeist, but sort of in the same vein. But I have a solution for you, post something interesting to mix things up.
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

Was about to type out something like this, but you put it so much better than I.</p>

</p>
                              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• matthewhk
                                • Jan 2007

well faust if you may allow me to be candid myself, i have been feeling kind of disconnected and detached from the site's content as opposed to when i first started following this forum heavily as well...partly because i think it has become somewhat of an exclusive 'old boys club' to which one buys membership through acquisition of expensive goods (sometimes within a narrow spectrum of brands), as opposed to interesting discussion about aesthetics and design philosophy, and appreciating fashion/art for the sake of doing so without having to think about ownership. it's why i am no longer posting waywts or recent purchases, as i stated in styleforum (dont think i ever even participated in the latter with pictures), as i think in doing so it kinda perpetuates that materialistic, 'keeping up with the joneses'mindset.</P>

i remember once i browsed through the early pages of this thread and most of the outfits weren't even in photographed form it was just lists, things have changed a bit it seems</P>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎