• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="laika"]well said, Faust, but what does that have to do with Raf backpacks? [:^)]
    [/quote]</p>

Piffen was referring to pipcleo's derisive comment, that's how it started.</p>
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

[quote user="matthewhk"]

well faust if you may allow me to be candid myself, i have been feeling kind of disconnected and detached from the site's content as opposed to when i first started following this forum heavily as well...partly because i think it has become somewhat of an exclusive 'old boys club' to which one buys membership through acquisition of expensive goods (sometimes within a narrow spectrum of brands), as opposed to interesting discussion about aesthetics and design philosophy, and appreciating fashion/art for the sake of doing so without having to think about ownership. it's why i am no longer posting waywts or recent purchases, as i stated in styleforum (dont think i ever even participated in the latter with pictures), as i think in doing so it kinda perpetuates that materialistic, 'keeping up with the joneses'mindset.</p>

i remember once i browsed through the early pages of this thread and most of the outfits weren't even in photographed form it was just lists, things have changed a bit it seems</p>

[/quote]</p>

There will always be ups and downs - it's inevitable. More ups probably happen during and after the fashion weeks, with droughts in between. Still, it doesn't mean interesting things don't happen - look at the slew of articles I posted today and yesterday, and got almost zilch responses. It's up to us all to make the forums interesting - I can't do it alone.</p>
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
        • Sep 2006

You're correct Faust, although I also had some issues around unpleasantness and aggression that I really can't be doing with for whatshould be an interesting pastime. It's difficult however to break out of this feeling when there remains so much "copping", and when someone who breaks out of the mould is ridiculed (I hold no candle for isuck and don't personally like what he wears other than his TB, which he clearly suits and should stick with, but wouldn't just take the piss.)But you're right about having a responsibility to change things by posting something decent rather than just moaning about it.

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

[quote user="Faust"]

[quote user="laika"]well said, Faust, but what does that have to do with Raf backpacks? [:^)]
          [/quote]</p>

Piffen was referring to pipcleo's derisive comment, that's how it started.</p>

[/quote]</p>

No, I got that. I was just wondering what Raf backpack's have to do with the where2kop/how much, etc. But it's more a questions for pnod, i guess...
          </p>
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• pipcleo
            • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• Casius
              • Dec 2006

You also have to take the whole 'copping' thing with a grain of salt. If members can't have fun on top of having intelligent conversation, then it also becomes stagnant and 'stuffy'. There's a line though, I do agree with that. (all the 'hate' posting is just old...)</p>

</p>
              "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"][quote user="Piffen"]

Well.. Just letting your feelings/reactions flow through your fingers, via the keyboard and onto here without any further thought/reflection etc. seems quite irrelevant? No? Isn't that quite the opposite of what this forum is supposed to be about? </P>

I don't mean to sound like I'm better than anyone else, but I'd like to know why people react the way they do. To me it isn't obvious and it's always interesting to see how other people reason. :)</P>[/quote]
                <DIV><BR class=khtml-block-placeholder></DIV>
                <DIV>when you make a decision to post an image of yourself for no other reason than self gratification and self indulgence then accept</DIV>
                <DIV>the consequence.</DIV>
                <DIV>i am letting my<SPAN class=Apple-style-span style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma">feelings/reactions flow through my fingers..and my thoughts/reflections lead me to question whether this is fashion or somethinglacklustre and dismal</SPAN></DIV>
                <DIV><SPAN class=Apple-style-span style="FONT-FAMILY: Tahoma"><BR class=khtml-block-placeholder></SPAN></DIV>

[/quote]</P>
                <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Your dog is ugly!</P>
                Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• pipcleo
                  • Jan 2007

Last edited by pipcleo; 09-01-2010, 12:30 AM.

Comment

• laika
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="Johnny"]You're correct Faust, although I also had some issues around unpleasantness and aggression that I really can't be doing with for whatshould be an interesting pastime. [/quote]</p>

It bothers me a lot too--SZ has always been blissfully free of this in the past. </p>
                    ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"]yet another intellectual fan of the new gay prada sport[/quote]</P>

Your dog is still ugly...to say nothing of its smell.</P>
                      <P mce_keep="true"></P>

See the wonderful debates we're having!!!</P>

Comment

• Fuuma
                        • Sep 2006

[quote user="pipcleo"]yet another intellectual fan of the new gay prada sport[/quote]</P>

Your dog is still ugly...to say nothing of its smell.</P>
                        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

See the wonderful debates we're having!!!</P>

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i don't know man. his mom isn't that ugly. SNAP!
                          Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

[quote user="laika"]

[quote user="Johnny"]You're correct Faust, although I also had some issues around unpleasantness and aggression that I really can't be doing with for whatshould be an interesting pastime. [/quote]</p>

It bothers me a lot too--SZ has always been blissfully free of this in the past. </p>

[/quote]</p>

time to start banning people?</p>

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

faust i just read that NIN has a new free album digital download on pitchfork which is a site i'm sure you own..blissfully distract yourself from the bans.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

thanks, got it already. i was just kidding about the bans. [75]

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎