• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chinorlz
    • Sep 2006

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="Casius"]

The Raf backpacks do look kind of redic, but Eastpak has been making bags for years, so I bet the construction is top notch.</p>

That said, I still think there's a market for nice backpacks that are fashion forward but still functional. I don't think anyone has hit the nail on the head yet. </p>

[/quote]</p>

Zamb, group hug! :)</p>

</p>

Haha, my eastpak in high school frayed apart :(</p>

Cas have you seen the Julius backpack? I actually don't know how big it is but it actually looked pretty good. Pricewise it's about $500-600-ish though. All leather.</p>
    www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Casius
      • Dec 2006

No, I haven't seen that one! I'll have to check it out. I liked the RG one, but again, it looks HUGE! </p>

Zamb- Well said. This forum is still infinitely better than most, I think everyone just needs to start contributing to other aspects of the forum to keep it alive and interesting.</p>

</p>
      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• Jon
        • Apr 2008

[quote user="Chinorlz"][quote user="Casius"]

The Raf backpacks do look kind of redic, but Eastpak has been making bags for years, so I bet the construction is top notch.</P>

That said, I still think there's a market for nice backpacks that are fashion forward but still functional. I don't think anyone has hit the nail on the head yet. </P>

[/quote]</P>

Zamb, group hug! :)</P>
        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Haha, my eastpak in high school frayed apart :(</P>

Cas have you seen the Julius backpack? I actually don't know how big it is but it actually looked pretty good. Pricewise it's about $500-600-ish though. All leather.</P>

[/quote]</P>

Zamb, you make a good point, capturing in essence how I feel about this thread these days...</P>

As for backpacks, I saw a pic of an MA+ pack for FW that looks pretty spiffy. I'm certain that Darklands (Berlin) did NOT order it however. Everybody (even CCP) is on the backpack train... and who do we have to thank for that again???</P>

I fucking love Raf. If anybody has some 97 to 03 Raf in size 46 that they're looking to pass on... you know... PM.</P>
        Originally posted by merz
        perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• lowrey
          ventiundici
          • Dec 2006

[quote user="zamb"] the thing i liked most about this Forum was that there was a common Chord of respect flowing through the threads....... now i find that we are slowly losing that.......[/quote]</P>

well said Zamb, and I'm going to have to agree with this. while I respect honesty and being upfront about things in some situation, I think theres a limit, and thats remaining respectful to the other person in question. that hasn't quite been the case recently in the waywt thread and some others as well.</P>
          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• curiouscharles
            • Jan 2008

[quote user="mike lowrey"]

[quote user="zamb"] the thing i liked most about this Forum was that there was a common Chord of respect flowing through the threads....... now i find that we are slowly losing that.......[/quote]</p>

well said Zamb, and I'm going to have to agree with this. while I respect honesty and being upfront about things in some situation, I think theres a limit, and thats remaining respectful to the other person in question. that hasn't quite been the case recently in the waywt thread and some others as well.</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

I definitely agree that it is important we preserve this quality of critical safety. It was this very attitude that attracted me to this forum in the first place. I hope I myself was never too harsh in my criticisms, if ever I was, know it was purely out of a desire to help, and not to tactlessly deride.
            </p>
            —
            -

Comment

• Servo2000
              • Oct 2006

[quote user="Casius"]

The Raf backpacks do look kind of redic, but Eastpak has been making bags for years, so I bet the construction is top notch.</p>

That said, I still think there's a market for nice backpacks that are fashion forward but still functional. I don't think anyone has hit the nail on the head yet. </p>

[/quote]</p>

My Supreme 19th Scatterweave in black is pretty practical, fairly sizable, well designed, comfortable and virtually indestructible. I'd say they hit the nail on the head for that one.</p>

If you're looking for something that works a bit better with the CCP / MA+ etc... side of things there's obviously the MA+ / Julius backpacks, but there's also Ervell's lambskin backpack that I thought was pretty gorgeous. It's a little smaller, though - more of a daypack.

</p>
              WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i have a supreme 19th backpack and it's dope. it's in my closet though.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

I travel with a black supreme duffle...
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

[quote user="merz"]

</p>

found it on y, for 5000 yen.</p>

don't know what brand, don't care.</p>

[/quote]</p>

I would rather go for the pants the guy is wearing? Any clue which brand that is?
                    </p>
                    Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Casius
                      • Dec 2006

That backpack is rad!</p>

I also liked the Ervell one, it reminded me of an old jansport but all leather. </p>
                      "because the young are whores. dealers come to carol to get the rock"

Comment

• bakla
                        • Oct 2006

I like the look of the backpack, but I hate buckle closures like that. So inconvenient to get stuff in and out of your bag - people inevitably leave the backpack undone as a result.

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

i've always loved this undercover backpack...

i like the raf backpacks too.

Comment

• iSuck
                            • Mar 2008

</P>

</P>

Comment

• viridi
                              • Mar 2008

zamb, great word!</P>

and to many above, who quite against Raf bag, true,i did find itunfunctional. yesterday was my first day rocking it..straps got enlaced,some yellow parts got dirty..things like that..however, i dun care at all coz i got looks from others..some even asking if it was a parachute.. thats the idea the bag hit.. </P>

(i dont know how far my poor english can achieve but i still wanna say something)</P>

i was going to post some thing in "what u like/dislike about SZ" thread. i was going to say that SZ is a more selected and specific forum.</P>

many members here know loads of shits about clothing(history,fabrics,design etc), buy lots of "oofy enough" steez and, are not affected by stupid trends,and, more importantly, they REALLYhave their ideas of a single piece of clothes</P>

however, along with these, some of them, i feel, are more likely tobe superiorupon others and are so narrowed in mind. (thats the one big thing i dislike about SZ. SZ is not a CCP forum though the CCP thread has like 100+ pages.)</P>

i was thinking whats the color for thissummer.(actually i conclude it that ido need a change both in styling and in mind)</P>

wearing head to toe blackwasgreat, but boring still.</P>

my girl friend was like " shame on u bastard wearing such an ugly bag" yesterday and i was like " no fakes, and, i get looks".</P>

maybeits just all the bag means to me at the moment.</P>

btw,to diego, the earthquake thing went horrible in here. sigh..</P>
                              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                              <P mce_keep="true"></P>
                              <P mce_keep="true"></P>

Comment

• casem
                                • Sep 2006

</p>

Cloak hussar, grey greaser pants, lavender oxford, ann shoes</p>
                                music

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎