• Jun 2008

Re: What are you wearing today?

[quote user="snafu"]

continued ... picture overload </p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Any guilt/shame/awareness about walking around dressed like that in a different, relatively poor country? Any desire to not draw attention to and flaunt yourself, and instead lie low, keep quiet and respect another culture?</p>

Comment

• Monomythical
        • Jun 2008

[quote user="snafu"]

continued ... picture overload </p><p mce_keep="true"> </p>

</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

</p>

Any guilt/shame/awareness about walking around dressed like that in a different, relatively poor country? Any desire to not draw attention to and flaunt yourself, and instead lie low, keep quiet and respect another culture?</p>

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

what's he supposed to do? wear native dress?

Comment

• Monomythical
            • Jun 2008

There's a little bit of difference between wearing something relatively unobtrusive and wearing native dress when you're visiting another country, particularly a 2nd or third world country.</p>

We've all taken "holidays in other peoples misery"; no need to flaunt that fact by wearing designer clothing totally out of place with where you're visiting.</p>

Kind of repellent. </p>

Comment

• AKA*NYC
              • Nov 2007

^^ To be fair these outfits look pretty demure. I don't see anything ostentatious about blue jeans, white sneakers, and a white t-shirt or any of these other outfits. And last I checked Morocco was a land of opulent palaces and colorful and ornate dress. How many Moroccans do you honestly think have the ability to appraise someone's designer wardrobe? And do you seriously think they give a shit?
              LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

i get what you're saying, but for me, i have to go where the dollar is strong. 2nd world, 3rd world, i'm wearing my good shit.

Comment

• winQ
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

Huh? It's not as if the people would be aware that he's wearing rik oweenz dunks and shit. He's not walking out in solid gold plated armor.

Comment

• kunk75
                    Banned
                    • May 2008

he's just making himself a ripe target for pickpockets and pan-handlers, but no crime committed.

Comment

• Avantster
                      ¤¤¤
                      • Sep 2006

[quote user="Monomythical"]

There's a little bit of difference
                      between wearing something relatively unobtrusive and wearing native
                      dress when you're visiting another country, particularly a 2nd or third
                      world country.</p>

We've all taken "holidays in other peoples
                      misery"; no need to flaunt that fact by wearing designer clothing
                      totally out of place with where you're visiting.</p>

Kind of repellent. </p>

[/quote]</p>

I won't go into my opinion and shit up this thread, but.
                      If you're serious about this, I'd suggest you start a thread about this topic in the culture section, rather than singling out an individual here. And if you must do it, then PM him.
                      </p>

Consider what thread and forum you are posting in. This is a fashion forum. Respect that, just as you have asked of snafu, in your original post.
                      </p>

Otherwise I won't take you any more seriously than a troll.
                      </p>
                      let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Purity
                        • Apr 2007

[quote user="AKA*NYC"][quote user="Purity"]

When did we stoop to discussing people's body shapes?</P>

[/quote]</P>

Solid gold. I will be appropriating this for my signature. :)</P>

[/quote]</P>
                        <P mce_keep="true"></P>

haha, yeah i suppose it does have a certain comedic value. I'm honored to say the least! [&lt;:o)]</P>

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

Its not like Snafu is running around in a Hermes suit and its not like Morocco is Darfur...nice outfits man!</p>

What accessories do you wear? Bracelet, ring and watch?
                          </p>
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• snafu
                            • Apr 2008

i can understand what you are saying but unless you have been there you have a stereotyped view point, marrakech has huge french influence so there are quite a few nicer designer stores and some well dressed people in many areas of the city, Yves Saint Laurent had a house over there. Anyway like winq said its not like im wandering about with huge brands ect on my chest the locals wear printed tees with large D&amp;G or the large polo pony which are clearly a fake from the medina but what would be the differnce if i was wearing the real stuff, just because they cant afford the real things im supposed to wear things to make them feel better, it is rather patronising no ? the only thing that caught their attention was my ipod when they saw it and as for being open to pic pockets i went into some parts of the souks where another white person has probally never stepped in before on my search to buy leather hides and i was fine people will try and get you to pay over the odds for things but that is only because your white and not because what shoes you have on your feet but you just bartar with them because thats their culture</P>

il ask you Monomythicalhave you ever been there ? ..... no ?</P>

be more open minded and dont let your small minded stereotype pull the wool over your eyes its not like they knew who my labels were or if they were expensive m.a+ meaned nothing to them as the same with rick owens or viridi anne, as for only going where the dollar is strong that is the most stupid thing i have heard</P>

Comment

• voltaire's anti-defamation league
                              • Aug 2007

yeah not to mention half the nyc ballers here prolly live in like Brooklyn. yall ever been to bushwick? all i can say is LOCK UP YOUR BIKES, BOYS.

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

Well said Snafu!
                                Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎