Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • B.S
    • Nov 2007

but you're not really breaking rules, are you. i think the jeans look alright, i really dislike the jacket though. it might have something to do with the pics too.

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      no offense misterpale but that's a lot of money with not alot of result. nothing fits. and those jeans are near impossible to pull off (literally and figuratively)
      I beg to differ! They're the most comfortable jeans that I own with a sick look. Agreed with P though, they shouldn't be that loose through the leg. The bad boys should be slimmm.

Maybe they'll look more natural if you manually twist the legs towards the inside instead of making the seams run along your inner and outer leg, that'll "use up" some of the fabric as well for a tighter silhouette.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
        I beg to differ! They're the most comfortable jeans that I own with a sick look. Agreed with P though, they shouldn't be that loose through the leg. The bad boys should be slimmm.

Maybe they'll look more natural if you manually twist the legs towards the inside instead of making the seams run along your inner and outer leg, that'll "use up" some of the fabric as well for a tighter silhouette.
        i don't own the j pants, but i have tried them on in the proper size, and they are REALLY slim fit like albert says. in almost all cases i've noticed that if your legs are not being hugged like a hippie to a dying tree, your CCP aint the right tree.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Stack
          • Jan 2008

sorry for the poor quality

once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• bestial
            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Stack View Post
            sorry for the poor quality

What is that sweater? The collar looks kinda cool!

Comment

• Originally posted by philip nod View Post
              i don't own the j pants, but i have tried them on in the proper size, and they are REALLY slim fit like albert says. in almost all cases i've noticed that if your legs are not being hugged like a hippie to a dying tree, your CCP aint the right tree.
              actually, i think that makes ccp the hippie? i'm having trouble picturing jerry garcia in the gitter suit...

Comment

• misterpale
                • Apr 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                hmmm...it´s really funny. i really like the fit.it´s a 48.a 46 would be better at the waist,but would it play such big role?it´s weird to read it has to fit like these or that instead of :nice jeans,it could be one size down,but if you like it - rock it that way!

Comment

• JSebbe
                  • Mar 2008

very nice lowrey, really like that A-V knit!

nice as well mass.

Comment

• misterpale
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by B.S View Post
                    but you're not really breaking rules, are you. i think the jeans look alright, i really dislike the jacket though. it might have something to do with the pics too.
                    i mean with "breakin´the rules" that i want to wear stuff how i want it and not somebody tell me how to...

Comment

• bc3
                      • Jun 2008

you look so comfortable!

but why is tht commode sittin there?
                      Originally posted by Maldoror
                      payment owed is the new gift.

paypal: it's personal

Comment

• inaya
                        • Apr 2008

aww so good. ^_^

Comment

• theaddict
                          • Apr 2008

so P, the right size for you (and me) would be the 44 for the tight fit?
                          Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• noerml
                            • May 2008

I personally never quite understood that hype around CCP.
                            That jeans from misterpale could look nice, but certainly not in combination with another jacket that features those senseless overlock stitching as well. Makes it look like some yokel jeans combo, which really wouldn't be my choice to spend so much money.

I hate… well flaming you could probably call it, still I have the urge to rant some. Now I can totally appreciate CCP's work...and lot of the pictures I see passed around from showrooms or detail shots of some item really do fascinate me. However then, when I see the pieces worn here in WAYWT that artistic aspect is not carried onwards. It usually looks way too..hm..squary? bulkish? It so seldom looks like a garment that merges with the wearer. Now I could be wrong, and that is exactly what people are looking for, but I think not. Wearing an expensive item of a well respected designer does not equal style or that this specific item actually fits your body/personality. Like there was some universal equation “CCP 4 TEH WIN”.

Now of course it may just be my personal view, but I don’t see the same happening with the other designers favored by this forum. Indoctrination is always a big danger.
                            Coming back to the overlock stitching: For me it’s in a very real sense comparable to a, let’s say, guccisima print. I know this sounds…hm..offending..but if you really think about it, there’s some truth as well.
                            Anyways.. I don’t think this actually belongs here… and maybe not even on szg at all.
                            Noerml’s 2 euro cents.

PS: @wire.artist.. i sincerly admire how you pull off that look. I could never do it, I would always look "dressed-up" , but on you it looks like it was the most normal, most natural way to dress there is. (even tho the toilett in the back of the picture does add some comic aspect *lol*)
                            And through their parting lids there came and went
                            Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• kira
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by noerml View Post
                              I personally never quite understood that hype around CCP.
                              That jeans from misterpale could look nice, but certainly not in combination with another jacket that features those senseless overlock stitching as well. Makes it look like some yokel jeans combo, which really wouldn't be my choice to spend so much money.

I hate… well flaming you could probably call it, still I have the urge to rant some. Now I can totally appreciate CCP's work...and lot of the pictures I see passed around from showrooms or detail shots of some item really do fascinate me. However then, when I see the pieces worn here in WAYWT that artistic aspect is not carried onwards. It usually looks way too..hm..squary? bulkish? It so seldom looks like a garment that merges with the wearer. Now I could be wrong, and that is exactly what people are looking for, but I think not. Wearing an expensive item of a well respected designer does not equal style or that this specific item actually fits your body/personality. Like there was some universal equation “CCP 4 TEH WIN”.

Now of course it may just be my personal view, but I don’t see the same happening with the other designers favored by this forum. Indoctrination is always a big danger.
                              Coming back to the overlock stitching: For me it’s in a very real sense comparable to a, let’s say, guccisima print. I know this sounds…hm..offending..but if you really think about it, there’s some truth as well.
                              Anyways.. I don’t think this actually belongs here… and maybe not even on szg at all.
                              Noerml’s 2 euro cents.

PS: @wire.artist.. i sincerly admire how you pull off that look. I could never do it, I would always look "dressed-up" , but on you it looks like it was the most normal, most natural way to dress there is. (even tho the toilett in the back of the picture does add some comic aspect *lol*)

I think there is always a difference between what you see in a WAYWT pic and seeing it person. I feel that some of the CCP pieces that I have seen worn in person are absolutely amazing, but you miss the details in a photo. Seeing a glitter suit worn in person, tailored properly, is quite beautiful.

I do think it is good to try to push wearing pieces in a different way or paired with other unexpected things/designers. That being noted, I do also feel that certain pieces are meant to fit in specific ways, and when not worn those ways it is visually incoherent for me, i.e. baggy CCP pants. I think there was a pic from Inaya? where she took at button down shirt and used it as a wrap or something like that. I think that is taking and using a piece differently and successfully.
                              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• lieutenant dan
                                • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Servo2000 View Post
                                Lieutenant Dan -

Did you buy that Undercover suit off that fellow selling it on Superfuture a little while back? If you did + you ever decide to sell the suit, please - get at me.

Hello,
                                Yes, actually I'm think I'm going to sell this suit. As you can see on the fotos it doesn't fit me well.
                                The thing is that I live in Moscow, Russia. And the PayPal system is inadequate for me 'coz can't receive money, I can only send it.
                                Sometimes, if there's no other way, I have to recur to help of intermediary (agent). They usually take 8% off the total sum of money transfer + cost of transfer to me (bank transfer, western union etc.)
                                You understand that I'm losing quite big money on this and currency conversion as well. I can offer following: if you have friends or relatives in Moscow (f.e. from this forum) you could send the money to them and I could pass the suit to them. And then they could send it to you.
                                Anyway If you have any suggestions I would love to hear it.
                                Kind regards,
                                Dmitriy

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎