• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Merz lays down the law for sure.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
      where else other than tFS? i'm depressed and need a pick me up. lulz.
      chictopia
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Arcane
        • Jul 2008

where else other than tFS? i'm depressed and need a pick me up. lulz.
        Join lookbook
        Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• random
          • Dec 2007

maldoror looks great
          cant touch the gangs of four!

I don't exist.

Comment

• what_counts
            • Mar 2008

first waywt
            another boring day of school

nicolo berrini
            julian red
            vans

constructive criticism is welcome, I'm here to learn but try to keep in mind I'm a broke teenager who is too small to fit into ccp

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
              Join lookbook
              I joined lookbook one drunken night in berlin. every look posted there gets roughly 5 to 250 OMG's and a few awesome's.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• ddohnggo
                • Oct 2006

i agree that everyone should be able to take criticism. but again, criticism that's dished out without much helpful information definitely is irksome, in my opinion.

while there are members on this forum who do really like ccp, cdiem, whatever (myself included) and blow a lot of cash on it (myself included), it's not a matter of trying to buy elegance or trying to gain approval. it's more of sharing our mutual appreciation and probably obsession with these designers. sometimes outfits don't workout as i've definitely have posted some shitty things on this forum, but the intention isn't to brag, gain praise, or buy style.

whatevz

Originally posted by merz
                we're big boys. we can take real criticism.
                i hate to put it this way, but there are already existing forums of similar nature that cater to people who want their egos boosted.

this part i don't know how to feel about. our forum has a fair number of individuals who seem to think the issue of personal style is best remedied by throwing god-awful amounts of cash on layers of ccp or sartoria or whatever the fuck. except sometimes it really doesn't fucking work. at all.

now i understand that such concepts are very much in the eye of the beholder, but i was hoping this place does not end up being about some odd sense of herd approval because one has got however many pairs of ccp derbies stashed away in one's closet they are about to post pictures of.

its not about jealousy so much as, i honestly wonder how so much money buys people so little elegance. and i could say its none of my business, but they're posting it on the internets, which renders that point pretty moot as well.
                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

this part i don't know how to feel about. our forum has a fair number of individuals who seem to think the issue of personal style is best remedied by throwing god-awful amounts of cash on layers of ccp or sartoria or whatever the fuck. except sometimes it really doesn't fucking work. at all.

now i understand that such concepts are very much in the eye of the beholder, but i was hoping this place does not end up being about some odd sense of herd approval because one has got however many pairs of ccp derbies stashed away in one's closet they are about to post pictures of.

its not about jealousy so much as, i honestly wonder how so much money buys people so little elegance. and i could say its none of my business, but they're posting it on the internets, which renders that point pretty moot as well.
                  merz, this is a pretty reductionist argument no? who are these individuals by name? how convinced are you about their motives? what does any of this have to do with money for anyone except you? what makes you think that "elegance" is anyone's aim? i don't go preening for the camera (and couldn't get away with it if i tried). in my opinion much of what satisfies about ccp is that it's decidedly and almost purposefully unelegant. speaking for myself i appreciate the clothes first. half the time i buy something the first thing i ask myself is how the fuck am i going to wear this? often stuff ends up languishing in my closet. see, my choice of attire isn't tied in to any personal vanity or sense of image. as a matter of fact i know that if i want to look "good" i should probably wear something - anything - else than a pair of twisted mangled leather shoes or some weird pair of pants. my purpose in posting and looking here is primarily to compare notes with other carol (and of course everything else) fans who first and foremost appreciate the craftsmanship and singularity of the clothing. and if i don't like something i see i keep my mouth shut. you've got nothing to be bitter about my man. you're an intelligent and good looking guy. you'll have your time in the sun eventually and when that comes you'll look better in ccp and carpe than all of the rest of us.
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

i agree that everyone should be able to take criticism. but again, criticism that's dished out without much helpful information definitely is irksome, in my opinion.

while there are members on this forum who do really like ccp, cdiem, whatever (myself included) and blow a lot of cash on it (myself included), it's not a matter of trying to buy elegance or trying to gain approval. it's more of sharing our mutual appreciation and probably obsession with these designers. sometimes outfits don't workout as i've definitely have posted some shitty things on this forum, but the intention isn't to brag, gain praise, or buy style.

whatevz
                    It can be both. There are, of course, plenty of people here who appreciate the CCP aesthetic (I'm partial to his leather much more than his non leather from what I've seen), but there's also at least some of the herd mentality. This doesn't need to be an either/or situation. You can like, or even love the designs, to start with but have that strengthened by the vibe here.

I'm not talking about hopeless failures like red-chef's-coat-ccp-shirt-guy, but people who have the mutual appreciation are definitely going to exaggerate the effect when they talk about things. I totally lost my train of thought and took a call in the middle of writing this, sorry.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

i won't deny there's a herd mentality. i actually think that the rubberband boots aren't that bad after i dismissed them, calling them fucking hideous.
                      Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

i won't deny there's a herd mentality. i actually think that the rubberband boots aren't that bad after i dismissed them, calling them fucking hideous.
                        hahaha +1 here.
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• airboyair
                          • Oct 2006

casem, not often do I see brown here, but this colorway works for me.
                          ftb, always nonchalantly cool!
                          random, i want that coat/cape!
                          Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

nevermind it does absolutely no good.
                            Last edited by kira; 10-01-2008, 05:57 PM.
                            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• osn19
                              • Feb 2007

There are many people here who just don't know how to rock and mix the clothes. There are others that simply don't have the body, the shape or the face or the attitude that would make them look good in CCP, Ann, RO, MA+... This doesn't stop them from buying, and it's their right to put as much money as they want in clothes even if they don't fit cool in them. Maybe they are just trying to buy confidence or a status to be part of the community and be able to post ? And believe me this is not a post from a jealous guy, I have everything I want, the clothes and the beauty lol...

The fact that they post pictures here is rather funny : most people wearing a CCP leather or some Carpe boots and posting a picture here just look boring. We on SZ could use much more criticizm, instead of being polite by saying : "nice shirt or nice pants". We should be able to say : "no luck you're just too fat for this CCP, or you look ridiculous in this MA+, if I saw you on the streets, I would just laugh". Stop using "we're sharing our common passion even if we make the clothes look ugly" in this thread, you don't need to show your ugly ass in a picture for that, at the contrary ! Most of us are not models to say the least...

Come on : for one Diego or one upandarmoured in this thread how many waywt losers and clones are there ? A lot...
                              Originally posted by blacksuit
                              wow .. ccp bag is more better than guidi bag?

Comment

• Jon
                                • Apr 2008

honestly... do we have to have this discussion every week?

we were on a roll for a few pages - let's see some outfits.
                                perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎