X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • maldoror
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by baby View Post
    if they ankle boot is a bit looser or has a bit more slouch it can work really well.
    I think this is key. the ccps just don't look/feel right to me when tucked into; visually there is a jarring disconnection. with laceups, you can do the top loosely to accommodate for tucking, creating a smoother transition and more effective incorporation.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I'm with case, mesh, and maldoror.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
        • Mar 2008

hmmm. i have seen tucked pants into ccp boots and it looked great imo. but i dont think that everyone can pull it off. it think it also may depend on the length of the person's leg. i think it is all about the proportion of the leg, the cut of the pant and the height of the boot. I think in terms more of what Chinorlz was saying, that the lace up's sometimes look too military like for my taste. not always but sometimes.
        Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

ccp boots - especially earlier models - are similar in silhouette and structure to cowboy boots and it seems only natural that pants are tucked into them. whereas a more traditional ankle boot - such as a chelsea boot - would look odd with the tuck.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

agreed, not everyone call pull off the ccp boot tuck. i can't do it so i don't bother trying.

although, i will say that the rubberband boot, which hits at the ankle, looked good with a tuck.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• maldoror
              • Jun 2007

^honestly, I don't think it's a question of pulling it off or not though. I just don't think it looks good. on anyone.

Comment

• kira
                • Mar 2008

ccp boot pants tuck challenge

could be expanded into an overall boot tuck challenge...

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by baby View Post
                  usually depends, as someone alluded to with fummas recent thommy browne look, on the silhouette of the pants and how the two come together. i think uparmour nailed it there. if the pants are too loose it can sometimes look a bit daft. i think it depends on the boot a lot also...those ccps seem more difficult to pull it off with because they're so stiff...if they ankle boot is a bit looser or has a bit more slouch it can work really well.
                  I missed that but I’ll go ahead and assume it was unmitigated praise at the perfect outfit I presented. After reaching the pinnacle of perfection I sometimes put on some Barry White and dance with myself, graciously gliding on the pristine floor of my apartment while cooing sweet nothings in my lovely ear.

Poell boots are somewhat high (I wouldn’t call them ankle boots) and have a “trunk” that is wide enough that they must be tucked-in not to mess with the silhouette of very tight fitting pants. With slightly wider pants I alternate between leaving out/tucking and do believe that, like David Bowie, they can accommodate both configurations.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• kira
                    • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    I missed that but I’ll go ahead and assume it was unmitigated praise at the perfect outfit I presented. After reaching the pinnacle of perfection I sometimes put on some Barry White and dance with myself, graciously gliding on the pristine floor of my apartment while cooing sweet nothings in my lovely ear.

Poell boots are somewhat high (I wouldn’t call them ankle boots) and have a “trunk” that is wide enough that they must be tucked-in not to mess with the silhouette of very tight fitting pants. With slightly wider pants I alternate between leaving out/tucking and do believe that, like David Bowie, they can accommodate both configurations.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                      • Nov 2007

^ i thought i was the only one
                      LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
                        ccp boot pants tuck challenge

could be expanded into an overall boot tuck challenge...
                        haha! I was just thinking the same thing.

the only solution is a boot off

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

also, I really love the image of one "cooing sweet nothings" into one's own ear. but I think I would love it even more on lsd.

Comment

• ironman
                            • Apr 2008

i dunno about ccp particularly, but i feel like the ankle boot tuck is hit and miss. like casem, i always thought it to be a no-no, but i started to change my mind when i thought it worked well in the julius s/s 07 presentation

Comment

• baby
                              • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

somebody just said something like they were scared that the pants you were wearing might not work tucked in but ultimately it did work and looked good. it wasn't anything crass
                              Originally posted by pipcleo
                              if i see a black man fall on the street i stop and help him up

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                kcolb gnippohc eht no kcab
                                meid eprac
                                snewo kcir
                                enna idiriv
                                lleop naitsirhc lorac

don pilihp

i guess this means this look is null and void now that nobody looks good tucked in ccp boots
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎