X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Chant
    Banned
    • Jun 2008

This is actually what I was wearing a few days ago.

Looking at the pictures, I feel like a medieval knit who, after an exhausting night (fighting the dragon), would have choosen by mistake his clothes in the gentelwoman's closet.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post

I think you hit the nail on the head, so much of Damirs pieces have that fragility; the organic fabrics, raw cut edges, and tensioned cotton strings - appearing like everything is being held together by a tiny thread. I do think those ideas do overlap with Ann's, but it's only a small part of her whole design.

thanks for all the nice words.
      And sometimes that is the case indeed, and then your garment falls apart I agree that fragility is only a part of her work that has been given a more prominent role lately and especially in menswear (as she states herself).
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

Chant, I don't really use this adjective when describing men, but I think it's the most appropriate here - your outfit is beautiful. I misunderstood your earlier comment, I thought you were talking about the RO outfit, not the Yohji one.

Jcotteri, thanks for the follow up.Cheers.
        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• jcotteri
          • Jun 2008

no problems Faust.. Chant this is my absolute fav from you yet..Your outerwear seems to flow around you. The layering is great, the pants sit nicely around your legs and the tuck seems to flow with your outfit, not stop it as it seems to do with some. I think you should have included the one where you are wearing the coat as a proper sized image.. Great layering..

thanks for sharing that pic..

edit: could you tell me more about the cardi/thing/scarf/.
          WTB: This

Comment

• I'm so jealous of your RO cardigan :( If you ever want to sell it, sell it to me, I'd buy it in a heartbeat.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Chant, friend and master of layering, thanks for the nice words and word to your outfit! Maybe i should also grow my hair longer from now on...haha.

Misterpale! Sleek as i know you, but i want to see more details of your stuff. Buy a new cam mate, and a mic! I tell you!
              Btw , is that your Gym?

Who? Just sleek and sharp! Razorbladelike!
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

well done Chant, you just tore the fuckin roof off this joint.
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

i wasn't really meaning to diss doma, i've just never made the connection to anne with him, probably because i only own a few Anne pieces, but the defective jacket i bought literally looks like the combo of sorad's upper body.

who? hows that n4? which pieces exactly?

chant you're like a tornado coming through here, an act of god, you really have a biblical look. you're in the wrong millenium buddy

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                  I see some blue skies peaking thru today. Yes I am back for the weekend, but off to Moscow on Monday for the week and Paris the next, busy busy.

I think you hit the nail on the head, so much of Damirs pieces have that fragility; the organic fabrics, raw cut edges, and tensioned cotton strings - appearing like everything is being held together by a tiny thread. I do think those ideas do overlap with Ann's, but it's only a small part of her whole design.

thanks for all the nice words.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• random
                    • Dec 2007

i really like the elegance of chant's looks.would think about how to avoid the rock n' roll/punk feel in my fits.

looks good, who?
                    I don't exist.

Comment

• airboyair
                      • Oct 2006

Chant, you look so effortless! your height and hair works with your RO cardi so well!
                      Helmut went to the ocean to gather his thoughts. Inspiration comes from retreat.

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by misterpale View Post
                        you mean the mistaken pic of the j or the last one with the coat?!
                        I meant the pic on which some criticized the fit of the jeans, they seem to fit nicely in this one
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• maldoror
                          • Jun 2007

^different jeans dude.

Comment

• misterpale
                            • Apr 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                            I meant the pic on which some criticized the fit of the jeans, they seem to fit nicely in this one
                            maldoror is right.different pair of jeans! i´m wearing the "bad" one on the pic with the coat! it doesn´t look that bad...or am i wrong?

Comment

• lowrey
                              ventiundici
                              • Dec 2006

ah, right.. the coat picture wasn't showing up earlier so I wasn't sure what you meant. I have to say I prefer the latter ones much more. but then again the first pic is worse quality
                              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Who?
                                • Aug 2007

Thanks everyone.

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                who? hows that n4? which pieces exactly?
                                I took your advice to pass on the leather pieces and got a cotton dress shirt and a cashmere/silk cardigan instead. The fabrics are decent, nothing note worthy. However, the fit on the shirt is amazing, long and slim. The cardigan is very much the same. The fabric is very thin and delicate but its absurdly warm. Functionally they are great pieces that fit well in my wardrobe.
                                WTB/WTT: Lots of Things

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎