Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • theaddict
    • Apr 2008

Your best fit so far Kunk! The coat takes away very much of the "massivness "of your upper body and gives you a sleek silhouette!

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
    filippa k coat
    raf simons blazer
    raf simons shirt
    dior 19cm
    dr. martens

Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
      I like a little weight at the bottom of my outfits, to be honest, especially when the predominant colors are so amorphous. Grey doesn't have enough weight for me, silver is a little dragon-fly looking...dark brown is a little too woodsy with the green for me...

I like to think that the shoes are tied in by the dark dark brownish red lipstick. Open to suggestions, however - what color would you have chosen?
      I knew you did it on purpose !
      I agree : it gives some gravity to the outfit. But the contrast between the shining black and the pastel colours of the garnments + the white skin is too important imo.
      I myself would have choosen one of these colours below : dark grey, according to your wish (giving some weight), or a brownish/redish grey (like the fourth colour from the left).

Or maybe a beautiful deep red (I'm sure your closet carries some), but not a flashy one.
      But I don't wear so often dresses and high heels...

Kunk : wonderfull one, I agree with all the comments (I like also the very impressive black and white picture).
      But please keep on not smiling and do not reduce weight. I (we) like you like that.

Faust : wonderfull jacket.
      But black under/white above gives me a strange feeling, I would have prefered grey.
      Last edited by Chant; 10-25-2008, 06:59 AM.

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

damn, chant, that's one helluva critique/response/wipe the floor move. i'm jealous of people that can reference and wipe up/out accurate color charts
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

thanks folks, and faust, i actually like the contrasting lengths of the jacket/vest in your pic — I don't think it's severe enough to be an issue.

and Chant, where's the fit? seems it's been a while since your last. and i would vote for the charcoal grey which would still provide the weight mona was looking for.

on a 3 hour conference call, so maybe i'll break out the pantone book.

Comment

• Gunjah
            • May 2008

Mona : i really do appreciate that outfit, it looks kinda eeerm, perfect ? but the shoes as often said are not perfect for it, i think that black leather, but erm "rubbered" (don't know what else i should say fort that) like this seasons ann boots everyone showed at recent purchases at the moment

Comment

• Fuuma
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chant View Post
              I knew you did it on purpose !
              I agree : it gives some gravity to the outfit. But the contrast between the shining black and the pastel colours of the garnments + the white skin is too important imo.
              I myself would have choosen one of these colours below : dark grey, according to your wish (giving some weight), or a brownish/redish grey (like the fourth colour from the left).

Or maybe a beautiful deep red (I'm sure your closet carries some), but not a flashy one.
              But I don't wear so often dresses and high heels...

Kunk : wonderfull one, I agree with all the comments (I like also the very impressive black and white picture).
              But please keep on not smiling and do not reduce weight. I (we) like you like that.

Faust : wonderfull jacket.
              But black under/white above gives me a strange feeling, I would have prefered grey.
              I'd say dark brown or burgundy.
              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

Mona, I'm with Fuuma and Chant. Something in the spectrum of reds would provide the weight you seek and mesh better than black.
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• Fade to Black
                  • Sep 2008

kunk: your best look yet. i think it's even better you kept the signature non-smiling face, yet the overall drape of the clothes manages to soften up your whole aura.

wire: cool trench but i am not sure about the whole look, it appears a bit overstyled and busy, but that's just IMHO.
                  www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Thanks for all the input on the shoes, guys. You're right that the black is a bit harsh, though I really don't think dark grey or dark brown/red would work (especially the latter...too warm toned). I do think your comments about the texture of the leather are right on, however. Something rubberized, or maybe even a distressed suede, would help the shoes cohere more.

*off to find shoes like this...*
                    I like shoes that bring attention to themselves so it really depends on your taste. I don't think the black ones are really bad, especially with grey but it's hard to mix with your dress. With your hair brown and beige tones will always look killer.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• J_J
                      • Apr 2008

I know this is totally not on your color palette... but I would've loved that outfit with a nude patent sandal!!

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

Thanks for all the input on the shoes, guys. You're right that the black is a bit harsh, though I really don't think dark grey or dark brown/red would work (especially the latter...too warm toned). I do think your comments about the texture of the leather are right on, however. Something rubberized, or maybe even a distressed suede, would help the shoes cohere more.

*off to find shoes like this...*
                        a good pair of uggs might work
                        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chant
                          Banned
                          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          damn, chant, that's one helluva critique/response/wipe the floor move. i'm jealous of people that can reference and wipe up/out accurate color charts
                          Yes, I have to agree : we, French people, have indeed an innate good taste about fashion.
                          But you, Americans, you have the nuclear pants !

Comment

• gerry
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                            Yes, I have to agree : we, French people, have indeed an innate good taste about fashion.
                            But you, Americans, you have the nuclear pants !
                            And what do the Asians have?

Comment

• gerry
                              • Feb 2008

My subpar attempt at repelling rain.

Kamishima Chinami Cape
                              Veronique Branquinho Boots

Comment

• diamonds
                                • Dec 2006

havent done SZ in a while

Comment