• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

Originally posted by bestial View Post
    chillpill, got a pm from a member who had a washed in M, looked tighter. just wanted to know if one or the other was smaller. so no, didn't know all I wanted.
    well, the poop part is that in addition to tagged size, cut, model, collection/year, material, wash and whatever, each jacket can still vary a bit from each other. the curse of Reek
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• tangerine
      • Dec 2006

Thanks Jason!

bestial, yes, it's the washed leather.

pnod, I am almost always a 48 in jackets, but of course fit varies from maker to maker, season to season, item to item and as lowrey and andrewisalsorad point out (and you have pointed out before), jacket to jacket.

I will take a squared-up pic and post it later when I am home. The shoulder seam is definitely above the point of my shoulder; depending on how much smaller the shoulder width is in a S, I might be able to wear it and get closer to the typical Reek fit, but this particular jacket is not available to try on around here and I am not unhappy with this fit.

I have tried on the bomber and the scuba jacket, and the M in the bomber is shrinkwrap tight, whereas the S in the scuba jacket fits about like this M does.
      the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• modern77
        • Oct 2006

looks good to me. like the juxtaposition of the delicate skirt against the leather and combat boots.

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Mona, I like the opposite triangle of the bottom of the jacket and of the dress, responding each other. But i don't like the colours combination (if the pic is true to them) : black/beige/black, and the shadowy diaphanous texture of the knit contrasts too much with the jacket imo.

On the right picture, the jacket looks a tad too low on the hips, and gives the feeling of a quite massive outfit. But I think it's due to the picture.

Comment

• Gunjah
            • May 2008

well, i think it works very well, but i'm as well a fan of voluminous trousers such as yohji and a skinny leather on guys, so ...

Comment

• J_J
              • Apr 2008

mona I like the idea but I would nix the scarf and add a crinoline under the skirt to make it a bit more flouncy and voluminous

Comment

• kunk75
                Banned
                • May 2008

Comment

• Chant
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2008

OMG ! Kunk has stolen a Rothko painting and has object dyed it to make a knit ! but

(btw very nice SZ carton box)

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Holy Grail

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Magician
                      • Jul 2008

^ badass. Definitely grail-worthy.

also liked Kunk's fit. I really need to kop some turtlenecks.
                      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• kunk75
                        Banned
                        • May 2008

^congrats. looks great.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                          Looking for a little feedback on this, as I'm on the fence...not sure it works...

sorry for terrible picture quality

I like it, except the boots. I think it's calling for something less rugged.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by tangerine View Post
                            ^ and yet, you look relaxed and, dare I say it, happy. I like it!

///////

You've come a long way, man.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• tangerine
                              • Dec 2006

Mona, I like it; I think the spectrum from rugged to delicate

boots --> jacket --> scarf --> skirt

is coherent and pleasing; I also like the way the tonality progresses along the same scale from dark to light.

I think this is indeed a kind of signature look for you.

kunk, love the knit.

Chant, good call on the SZ box; nothing escapes your eagle eye!

Faust, amazing coat, congrats!

edit: and thank you!
                              the woman Balmain is wild, casual, explosive cocktail of a sailor and a ballerina

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                                am i the only one who feels that the whole riotgrrl fluffycrinoline meets big chunky stompboots is sort of trite?

I don't think it's trite per se. UGGs are trite. I know the look has been BTDT plenty of times, but it's not really something you see much on the street. Anyway, like I said, I think a more elegant boot would work better...

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎