What are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by mass View Post
    i feel like the ankle boots, the overlong shirt sleeves, and the waistcoat(?) kind of throw off the proportions of the suit.
    I feel like that's the point.

Comment

• mass
      • Sep 2006

to look awkward?

Comment

• TypicalFashion
        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post

Mayser hat
        Ann D~ string dye shirt | boots
        CM coat
        Monki jeans | gloves
        Socks..

Nice suit pnod! Love the cropped pants part with le boots.
        love it

Comment

• Magician
          • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
          I feel like that's the point.
          Originally posted by mass View Post
          to look awkward?

Well you don't buy a Thom Browne suit to look like a Kiton MTM customer...
          Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Raw Edge
            • Jan 2008

I think the TB looked really good, maybe better w/o those boots tho

Comment

• mass
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Magician View Post
              Well you don't buy a Thom Browne suit to look like a Kiton MTM customer...
              of course not, but thom browne himself (or anyone working there, or anyone wearing thom browne in streetstyle pics i've seen) doesn't look awkward to me.

he obviously doesn't have to wear it the way it's intended (eg fuuma) but i just don't think it works in this case.

Comment

• Raw Edge
                • Jan 2008

could this be the one time it'd have been better with shoes rather than boots...I know thats how TB rocks it

Comment

• ahlefeldt
                  • May 2008

I don't know why, but the sleeves just ruins it for me. I'd use some chunky church's/alden instead of the boots.

Comment

• Magician
                    • Jul 2008

^ I do agree about the shoes. If you're doing that much TB, why not finish it of with some chunky wingtips. The sleeves, I think are great, though. I think the too-long sleeves was big TB runway piece a while ago.

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by mass View Post
                      of course not, but thom browne himself (or anyone working there, or anyone wearing thom browne in streetstyle pics i've seen) doesn't look awkward to me.

he obviously doesn't have to wear it the way it's intended (eg fuuma) but i just don't think it works in this case.
                      thom personally oversaw the fitting and styling of the entire outfit down to bartender strap around the arm and matching tie. this is a completely intended thom look if there every was one. obviously the photos exaggerate the look. a more straight up photo would probably fall in line with your expectations of tbrowne, but hey this is pnod.
                      i could wear my ccp derbys or my black carpes but then i would wear socks because i don't need to expose three inches of my skinny legs. thom at some point made an ankle boot so i thought the ma+ was perfect because it retained the clunkiness and cartoonishness of the look and thom's shoes and exposed just a hint of ankle skin. i was never a fan of thom's chucky clunkers.

this is the most difficult thing to wear in my wardrobe. getting yelled at "pee wee" on the 5 second dash from my apt to the cab is really disconcerting.
                      the only time i wore this in NYC i went to some function and i thought there would be more downtown types but it was just filled with black suits, bankers, etc. so i pretty much was freaking out, until John Waters came up to me and told me how amazed he was by the suit and my courage to wear it. after that, my anxities melted away. now i just gotta try and wear it at least once a year.

One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Magician
                        • Jul 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                        ... until John Waters came up to me and told me how amazed he was by the suit and my courage to wear it. after that, my anxities melted away. now i just gotta try and wear it at least once a year.
                        Fuck me....that's perfect.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

I think it's wonderful, I love the exaggeration. You wear a grey suit extremely well [cpp and this]. I mean it doesn't get any better than bespoke Thom Browne from the man himself, hard to argue with that. I really enjoy the paring of such varied fabrics and materials. It's a shame you wear it so little, but then again I don't think I could get away with wearing that more than a couple times a year as well. Very nice overall [even with the pnid cpp googles, still getting use to them, but your trademark none the less] Curious, how comfortable are you in full TB, physically not mentally?

Comment

• Raw Edge
                            • Jan 2008

Hah, I like the suit even more now, especially because I had a similar experience with John Waters comforting me at a party, though not over a suit. Instead he must have noticed I felt out of place, so he shared which celebrities shot heroin through their toenails.
                            ps anyone who yells peewee is clearly jealous they don't have a grey mini-suit

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Raw Edge View Post
                              Hah, I like the suit even more now, especially because I had a similar experience with John Waters comforting me at a party, though not over a suit. Instead he must have noticed I felt out of place, so he shared which celebrities shot heroin through their toenails.
                              ps anyone who yells peewee is clearly jealous they don't have a grey mini-suit
                              sig up for grabs
                              thanks andrew + mass etc, wouldn't be thom if it wasn't polarizing.
                              the high waist is difficult to get used to especially if you've been drinking a lot of beers. the jacket is cut totally amazing. but after ccp i like thinner arms. yeah, the most difficult part of this outfit is the shoes, could look great w the ccp grey derbys, esp since i wanted him to do the cuffs super high.
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post

I love it, and especially the long sleeves of the shirt. The contrast with the short sleeves of the jacket is very impressive and gives a nonchalant, but elegant, look - something like a XXIIIIIIth century Barry L.
                                Like also the V lines of the lapels and the crossing ones of the waistcoast, and their combination.

One thing is strange : to see the lower part of the tie appearing under the waistcoast. Meant to be worn like this ?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎