Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • sbw4224
    • Sep 2006

John Waters is fucking bad ass. Thanks for the stories Raw and pnod.

Comment

• Raw Edge
      • Jan 2008

no problem
      tday clk vest, attachJ, cloak augusta

Comment

• random
        • Dec 2007

im not sure about the boots and long sleeves nidddy but overally that look is pretty innovative. impressed.
        I don't exist.

Comment

• zicoys1982
          • Mar 2008

VAx2 Miharax2

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

I really dig that apart from the shoes.
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
              looks all brown in this light but really all warm grey
              You create wonderful lines and curves, Mona.
              Very comfortable, subtle, and elegant(as maldoror also noted) ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• asho
                • Nov 2007

Don't really see much TB around these parts, but plenty of indie kid spin-off. I think I like it more on a slimmer frame, but agree it makes more of a statement when pulled over a bit more muscle. All I would do to change is to lace them boots up...

Comment

• BlackSilver
                  • Nov 2008

there should be a chat edition.. i want to discuss about that browne suit.. why dont you sell it (to me) if you are only wearing it once a year? i'd at least wear it once a month.
                  Looking for a wrap cardigan! odyn vovk or KK, pm me if you have one for sale in 46-48

Comment

• Fuuma
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                    sig up for grabs
                    thanks andrew + mass etc, wouldn't be thom if it wasn't polarizing.
                    the high waist is difficult to get used to especially if you've been drinking a lot of beers. the jacket is cut totally amazing. but after ccp i like thinner arms. yeah, the most difficult part of this outfit is the shoes, could look great w the ccp grey derbys, esp since i wanted him to do the cuffs super high.
                    Do you own some plain brown laceups?

A few comments:

-That fabric is crazy, nice choice.
                    -The short sleeves, pants and vest really drive the idea behind TB's style home, especially with the tight fitting cut. I obviously don't wear it like that but I guess I'm more "store" TB and you're more "runway" TB.
                    -This is why I'd avoid adding another crazy detail by using regular length sleeves (end of wrist to start of thumb depending on what you like).
                    -Coming back to the shoe I don't think you need some chunky laceups a-la TB as others suggested. Taking advantage of the pants inseam to show off military boots might be an option and a classical laceup would probably work quite well.

About other outfits
                    Mona and Merz:
                    Zicoy and Chant also dressed really well.
                    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

Originally posted by BlackSilver View Post
                      there should be a chat edition.. i want to discuss about that browne suit.. why dont you sell it (to me) if you are only wearing it once a year? i'd at least wear it once a month.
                      haha baller, if you can afford 30% off the retail, which i'm too embarrassed to mention here and i seriously doubt, you have yourself a one of a kind suit w/ all the fixings in size 0.

i might have to do a post up w all my possible shoe choices
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Real Real
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by mass View Post
                        of course not, but thom browne himself (or anyone working there, or anyone wearing thom browne in streetstyle pics i've seen) doesn't look awkward to me.

he obviously doesn't have to wear it the way it's intended (eg fuuma) but i just don't think it works in this case.
                        Odd statement - Fuuma wore that TB suit, made it his own. He didn't wear it the way it was intended - he was able, through small tweaks (high collared shirt, not-ridiculously-short-inseam), to turn it into something different.

Phillip Nod, on the other hand, wore it exactly the way it was intended to be worn, and as a result, he looks like a skinny mannequin wearing a Thom Browne suit. The long sleeves of the shirt look like a dude wearing french cuff shirts without cufflinks - very innovative in a Brad Pitt circa 2001 Ocean's 11 way.

the only time i wore this in NYC i went to some function and i thought there would be more downtown types but it was just filled with black suits, bankers, etc. so i pretty much was freaking out, until John Waters came up to me and told me how amazed he was by the suit and my courage to wear it. after that, my anxities melted away. now i just gotta try and wear it at least once a year.
                        Sorry, but, ahahahahaha.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                          • Sep 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          thom personally oversaw the fitting and styling of the entire outfit down to bartender strap around the arm and matching tie. this is a completely intended thom look if there every was one.
                          i always had a hunch Thom was a kindred soul, thanks for the confirmation.

the day i'm able to walk in there and get a suit fitted by him, i hope he's still around. I'd wear that suit til the day i'm gone.
                          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• philip nod
                            • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                            Odd statement - Fuuma wore that TB suit, made it his own. He didn't wear it the way it was intended - he was able, through small tweaks (high collared shirt, not-ridiculously-short-inseam), to turn it into something different.

Phillip Nod, on the other hand, wore it exactly the way it was intended to be worn, and as a result, he looks like a skinny mannequin wearing a Thom Browne suit. The long sleeves of the shirt look like a dude wearing french cuff shirts without cufflinks - very innovative in a Brad Pitt circa 2001 Ocean's 11 way.

Sorry, but, ahahahahaha.
                            i can't tell if this is a diss or a compliment

reread it for the fifth time: brad pitt reference must be a diss, and i'm leaning toward diss with the waters laugh
                            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                              • Sep 2008

i would take it as a compliment...well given the respective comments towards Fuuma and yourself, I'd rather be on the receiving end of the latter.

come to think of it, i saw that pic again and it's arguably the best WAYWT i've ever come across in my half decade of trolling fashion forums. I think the minute you are able to pull something like that off - fuck it - there's no need for you to really prove anything any more.

www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• baizilla
                                • Sep 2006

I wore this to the ceremony, a couple of days ago, when I graduated from the royal military academy.

gauze scarf - Attachment

destroyed tank, sheer hoodie, hydrangea-print vest, wool pants - Ann Dem

engineering boots - Julius

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎