Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • khiev
    • Nov 2006

spencer, I too usually dont take to dressing head to toe in a designer's outfit but I find Poell's stuff pretty hard to mix and match with other designers. His vision is so unique that I find only Margiela to be his best alternative to matching. drapey goes well with other drapey clothes (ann d & DD), casual artisanal lines match (avantindietro & ma+), and burberry meshes well with prada/ralph/whatever.... it's no wonder all these style gurus advocate mixing brands because it's so easy to match mainstream designers but I say fuck 'em when it comes to ccp.

And the overlock fits you very well! Good find!

Comment

• BeauIXI
      • Nov 2008

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
      My girlfriend said I should buy another pair so I could have both styles readily available. If only she was serious...
      If only she bought you the second pair!
      Originally posted by philip nod
      somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• casem
        • Sep 2006

Oops, I misread, servo said something about Raf leggings, I thought it was you referring to the jeans.

I like your outfit. I get Faust's point that such an amazing jacket could really be the crowning jewel of a next level look (poetry, I know) but I also appreciate the irreverence of throwing some CCP over a t-shirt and jeans. If anything, I would wear boots (no tuck!) to give your legs a longer line, the tucked in sneaks seem to incongruous.

Sorry about the pic, didn't take it till tonight and that's as light as I can get it w/o flash.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
        Nope. These are Levi's Capitol E something or others.

Can't make out your pic, Casem, but congrats on the Ann score!
        music

Comment

• Tiger
          Banned
          • Sep 2006

wool suit by me
          ccp glue seam shirt
          ccp scarred derby

Comment

• baubas
            • Dec 2008

inspired by recent talks of ccp retrospective

3xccp
            2xaltieri

Comment

• what_counts
              • Mar 2008

looks nice and warm baubas

Comment

• Chant
                Banned
                • Jun 2008

Spencer, I agree with Faust and Beau.
                And I'd say that the lower part is much too tight : the jeans are squeezing your thigs (see the curved lines of the tissu) and I'd loose too the laces of the sneakers. In addition your silhouette looks shortened (maybe the camera angle).
                Anyway, imo, RO sneakers and CCP jacket definitely don't work together : sneakers have to be worn in a quite loose way (urban street style inspiration) which doesn't fit the straightness/roughness of the jacket.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                  • Nov 2007

as this baller here demonstrates rick trainers can work nicely with ccp leather as long as a pair of baggy or unstructured pants is thrown in the mix:

Originally posted by ddohnggo View Post
                  LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Yea, I think a less structured jacket, like Rick's would work much better. Spencer, I completely understand what you are saying about designer head to toe, but this jacket is just one of those exceptions. It's very rigid and structured and sort of carries the wearer. You gotta go all out with the urban warrior look. Don't be a Brad Pitt! (Speaking of which, where has kira been lately?)
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                      • Aug 2007

tiger
                      nobody cares that you made a suit from scratch. sorry.
                      One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                        • Oct 2006

ouch.
                        Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

good. now people do. (of course, it was deapan, great suit TIGER)
                          One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Chant
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2008

Originally posted by AKA*NYC View Post
                            as this baller here demonstrates rick trainers can work nicely with ccp leather as long as a pair of baggy or unstructured pants is thrown in the mix:
                            Sorry, but it doesn't work neither (as far as I can see on this poor picture). But I reckon that it works better, since the jacket looks more loose, and the trousers could make the link, you're right.

Despite his various experimentations, CCP's remains a classical/formal designer who considers the garment as a structure, a strong structure (too strong sometimes ), and works on its connections with the human body/anatomy.
                            RO, even though there's often a hidden structure in his clothes - or a partially structured element - is more interested in removing or wiping the lines of force of the body and the garment.
                            But this is another debate...
                            Last edited by Chant; 02-04-2009, 09:21 AM.

Comment

• Johnny
                              • Sep 2006

Ah, but a good one I think. I have limited experience of RO, more with CCP, but I totally agree with Chant. CCP is very very different in its approach, and end product, to most of the other SZ designers. He approaches clothing fundamentally from a tailoring perspective, and then does just about everything he can to fuck about with that, but always maintaining structure. Dont think he is concerned with fluidity and movement.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Agreed as well. He straddles that border of a master tailor and a mad genius. That's why his clothes work at both the Library and Atelier.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎