X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fade to Black
    • Sep 2008

thanks for the words guys, 'preciate it

daniel - that might be worth a try. inspired by an old p-nod pic i tried wearin my dior suit w/ the c diems, it worked out quite well. Dunno how they'd fare w/ the baggy Y's...i tried wearing it w/ Aldens once and somehow it didn't flow as well as it does with this lower laceup, but a boot might work...
    www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• kunk75
      Banned
      • May 2008

dammit, i'm saving lives!

and mona, you look fabulous. ditto F2B.

Originally posted by zamb View Post

Kunk75, always love your pics but this last one offends me.......... because i look for better from you

Comment

• MikeN
        • Nov 2007

matthew, that's definitely my favorite look of yours thus far!

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Well, you just broke my heart.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Why this opposition to feminine footwear? I mean of course in the ideal of femininity as something elegant, a bit fragile, and graceful. Do you equate it to something prissy? I am curious.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Off to scare postal workers. DRKSHDW gimp minidress. Julius commando pants. CDiem boots.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                • Aug 2007

^ well you're gonna need an MA+ dog collar too
                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                  No real opposition, honestly, other than that I don't really dress up often, and so it's not practical for me to own heels that are too delicate. Additionally, a really beautiful black pump is going to cost hundreds of dollars. I can justify spending a lot of money on boots, but not on dressier heels.

Aside from that, I don't find them particularly fun or versatile.
                  That makes sense.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                    ^ well you're gonna need an MA+ dog collar too
                    Good thinking. Can I borrow yours? Or maybe just cut up your belt and make three collars out of it?

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                      No real opposition, honestly, other than that I don't really dress up often, and so it's not practical for me to own heels that are too delicate. Additionally, a really beautiful black pump is going to cost hundreds of dollars. I can justify spending a lot of money on boots, but not on dressier heels.

Aside from that, I don't find them particularly fun or versatile.
                      I strongly sympathize with wanting to invest in boots. I think a sleek pointy boot with a thicker heel would look great with the second outfit. (A bit like junya's footwear in fall 07.) I think the shoes you are wearing are totally fine in the first pic, as the weight of the jacket balances their chunkiness.

Also, i have no wish--ever--to give off any impression of fragility, in either my footwear or clothes.
                      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Too bad

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• laika
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Too bad
                          for you.

ps. JJ, I am liking those light colored jeans on you a lot.
                          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laika View Post
                            I strongly sympathize with wanting to invest in boots. I think a sleek pointy boot with a thicker heel would look great with the second outfit. (A bit like junya's footwear in fall 07.) I think the shoes you are wearing are totally fine in the first pic, as the weight of the jacket balances their chunkiness.

Also, i have no wish--ever--to give off any impression of fragility, in either my footwear or clothes.
                            Leaving aside thoughts that you ARE fragile (human) high heels can also emanate sharpness and aggressiveness.
                            Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                            http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• laika
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                              Leaving aside thoughts that you ARE fragile (human) high heels can also emanate sharpness and aggressiveness.
                              Right. I just don't seek to echo that fragility in my sartorial choices. It's apparent enough already, frankly.

hmmm, i wear high heels most of the time (esp. in winter) but not to seem aggressive or fragile. very interesting to hear these male interpretations of female footwear.

Comment

• eaglewood
                                • Feb 2007

Poell Overlock Jacket
                                Plaited Kangaroo belt
                                Sugarcanes
                                Carpe Diem boots

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰