SeaOfStiches and MonaDahl, your boots.
    Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
    Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Chant
      Banned
      • Jun 2008

Promised, it's the last time you'll sea this scarf.

Octopus in motion :

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

Thanks Mona!

Faust: I think she's about a seven, typically. You wanna' just PM me if she's got them? Thanks a lot!
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
          • Nov 2006

Looks fantastic Chant, looks like you heeded my advice

Comment

• AKA*NYC
            • Nov 2007

that last look is great chant! the scarf is awesome but it seems very difficult to work with.
            LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• DHC
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post

I didn't know it snowed in Idaho.
              Originally posted by Faust
              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• eaglewood
                • Feb 2007

Chant -the last arrangement is starting to work. The scarf is so dramatic it seems to detract from most of the other clothes. I would be interested to know what is looks like with something as simple as a long sleeve shirt.

Comment

• blacksuit
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2008

nice Chant!! your fit is impressive to me,,,

Comment

• noerml
                    • May 2008

hm... i never understood the hype around that Doma scarf. While it seems a nice idea, it's IMO close to imposible to really fit in this very linear and distinct item into a broader context. Especially in grey, it will always look like "hey, he's wearing an octopus..oh no it's a scarf!"
                    Now this might be a bit exaggerated...still i'd say...while a scarf is supposed to put some sort of highlight, it shouldn'T fail to interact with the rest. And with that sharp, braided, very massive outline it always appears to create a gap ...uh..lacking some "bridge".
                    i'd personally do that scarf way more..uh..fringey....or a different material..like some bamboo fiber blended with baby mohair or so...but i guess it wuoldn't be Doma anymore then.
                    And through their parting lids there came and went
                    Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Chant
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2008

Originally posted by noerml View Post
                      hm... i never understood the hype around that Doma scarf. While it seems a nice idea, it's IMO close to imposible to really fit in this very linear and distinct item into a broader context. Especially in grey, it will always look like "hey, he's wearing an octopus..oh no it's a scarf!"
                      Now this might be a bit exaggerated...still i'd say...while a scarf is supposed to put some sort of highlight, it shouldn'T fail to interact with the rest. And with that sharp, braided, very massive outline it always appears to create a gap ...uh..lacking some "bridge".
                      i'd personally do that scarf way more..uh..fringey....or a different material..like some bamboo fiber blended with baby mohair or so...but i guess it wuoldn't be Doma anymore then.
                      You're right. I bought it because I like Doma's work and also the IDEA of a scarf being no more a scarf, but something more like a layering piece (Fuuma said it first, as far as I remember).
                      Since, it's a winter scarf, it has to be warm (it is definitely, and very comfy too) and heavy. I could have choosen another colour, but since he scarf is dramatic, I don't want to go against its nature, trying to hide as much as possible its effect, but rather enhance it. But I'm still trying to make it work (maybe it'll never do).

BUT it was the first appearance of this shape, and DD made some changes in the following collections.
                      - fabric is lighter (even for FW 09)
                      - scarf are now (but it needs to be confirmed) no more symetrical.

"My" scarf would work for sure with this kind of coat :

But I was wondering if DD's clothes could work with clothes from other designers.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Chant, the scarf worked very well on Andrew, I remember, and I think it's because he's worn it with similar/if not identical color shades. Maybe you can try that, so the scarf blends in more? It looks good on the last fit pic for sure, but I wonder if it could look even better.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Johnny
                          • Sep 2006

I accept that this sort of look is not something I have any particular personal interest in, but it looks very contrived to me. I just keep thinking - why are those big tendril things there? They make no sense to my eyes. They make more sense in the runway pic, but only in the context of that outfit - and that outfit makes even less sense to me as something someone would wear other than as a costume.

Comment

• noerml
                            • May 2008

well the scarf works excellent on that runway pic...but that billowing robe thing is just perfect for that scarf...in terms of hue and outline (well it's the runway..duhh..! :P)

so i guess that scarf..or rather your scarf needs some sort of matching fabric..like some oversized knit thing. And i'd guess some darker grey would work excellent..
                            your black coat...i think highlights it just too much, while not integrating it.

But then again i am very familiar with ur problem. I am working on some...well i call it scarf, tho I should just label it giant blanket, right now... and I just don't seem to be able to get where i wanted to...or rather. When i get there i notice the journey's not over.
                            as of now i probably used up 2kg of wool (and mind u that yarn is all but cheap O_o)....while i finally seem to have found a shape...the color and detailing seems wrong..so right now i am experimenting with dye and leather....and this whole process goes on for like 2months now. ..for a stupid scarf...errrr...baby-cashmer-wrap-around-blanket-poncho-thign-something
                            And through their parting lids there came and went
                            Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• christianef
                              • Feb 2009

i think in this case maybe chant is too mature to wear the scarf. its one of those playful slightly obnoxious pieces that just doesn't look right on someone a bit older. you look too sophisticated in the face to make this work. like an old Raf Simons over sized hooded sweatshirt would not look right either; some pieces are just impossible to do unless you're in your youth.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by christianef View Post
                                i think in this case maybe chant is too mature to wear the scarf. its one of those playful slightly obnoxious pieces that just doesn't look right on someone a bit older. you look too sophisticated in the face to make this work. like an old Raf Simons over sized hooded sweatshirt would not look right either; some pieces are just impossible to do unless you're in your youth.
                                I disagree, I think runway image posted is not so far off from Chant's appearance. I don't find Damir particular 'youthful' especially not his most recent work, and with something like Raf I feel there is a more direct youth influence. I think the scarf is quite sculptural and I don't think the night shot is helping sell it too well. I had suggested to Chant that he might try a dark monochromatic outfit with the scarf, to offset while also giving it some pop. I had similar issues with a grey pair of Damir pants, and I found this the best solution rather than matching like grey tones, as seen here:

More Scarf'n:

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎