X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

yea you're right, when I think of it in an old fashioned context, it could be a bit grunt-like. I think a workaround would be a slim suit, black shoes and maybe a grey shirt etc. brown shoes and some traditional coloured shirt would easily make it grunt.

ok a bit back on topic:

Nicolo Ceschi Berrini, Margiela shirt, Viridi-anne linen double layer trousers, Guidi. (click for alternate)
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• the breaks
      • Sep 2007

Are the sleeves on those extra long or are your arms short or what? I've never been able to find a blazer with long enough sleeves let alone too long :(
      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• lowrey
        ventiundici
        • Dec 2006

the sleeves are actually very long, sort of Poell-ish in terms of the cut. Berrini blazers seem to have regular to slightly long sleeves, these are definately on the longer side.

edit: thanks Chant!
        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chant
          Banned
          • Jun 2008

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post

Very nice "formal" pic.
          Jacket is dope, with a nice "too much" touch.

Comment

• the breaks
            • Sep 2007

the sleeves are actually very long, sort of Poell-ish in terms of the cut. Berrini blazers seem to have regular to slightly long sleeves, these are definately on the longer side.

edit: thanks Chant!
            Ooo sounds good. Anyone know which stores carry Berrini in Milan?
            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Johnny
              • Sep 2006

yeah, that's a good look.

Comment

• spastic_koala
                • Sep 2008

Edit: Somebody wants the jacket, so no more link.
                Last edited by spastic_koala; 02-27-2009, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• snafu
                  • Apr 2008

thebreaks arnt you very tall though im short so i have the other problem of having to get sleeves tailored

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

hmm, interesting.. I wear a black suit quite often, though mostly with a shirt sans tie. then again half the time I substitute trousers for slim black jeans, so its more of a blazer type outfit anyway.
                    Your environment is different though.
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Fuuma
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                      fuuma great outfit apart from boot-tuck, just looks out of place with everything else (althought they do match the colour of the sculpture quite well). scarf is beautiful

the big turn ups don't work in my view either

ironman, v nice (apart from the heels)

black suits are a complete no no for business wear, and not just for grunts! in fact if I saw someone with a black formal suit on in a business environment I'd think they were a grunt! they'd probably be wearing pointy brown shoes too.
                      You're speaking from a British viewpoint though (no brown in town), Italians are all about the brown shoes with everything but say black. As for black suits, as I said, it is traditionally not acceptable day wear but the creative class doesn't care and their taste is seeping into the staider professions. In a few yrs this "no black suit" rule will be completely gone, even today the young people you see going to the office often have (badly fitting) black suits because they think it's cool so they buy one first.

I recommend anyone interested to go into the business district of your city and find some lobby you can sit for an hour or two of amusing observations.
                      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• mass
                        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                        Are the sleeves on those extra long or are your arms short or what? I've never been able to find a blazer with long enough sleeves let alone too long :(
                        dior homme blazers come with like 68cm sleeves

Comment

• mass
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          Agreed. It's more about individual items. Sometimes black and blue just work, and sometimes they don't. Hurray Johnny for a positive post!!!
                          i used to think electric blue was the only type of blue i could wear since i wear a lot of black, but lately i've been kind of obsessed with wearing an all black outfit with a navy blue top. the japanese have been doing it for ages but for some reason it never crossed my mind how good it looked until now.

Comment

• laika
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
                            i used to think electric blue was the only type of blue i could wear since i wear a lot of black, but lately i've been kind of obsessed with wearing an all black outfit with a navy blue top. the japanese have been doing it for ages but for some reason it never crossed my mind how good it looked until now.
                            I am exactly the opposite. I have been wearing navy with black for as long as I can remember, but have always considered mixing brights with black an absolute don't. I still won't do it--somehow looks cheap with my blond hair--but I can appreciate it on other people.
                            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Fuuma
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mass View Post
                              navy suit + black shirt + black chelseas work really well. No tie please.
                              Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                              http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• inaya
                                • Apr 2008

beiges and browns do look good with black as do dark and navy blues. end of story, as far as i'm concerned.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎