X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Servo2000
    • Oct 2006

Originally posted by Silk View Post
    Some parts of the outfit look ok to me, but i think the reason your post stood out was because you pointed out the brand and details of every thing you are wearing. It would have been better as just the picture alone.
    jesus christ
    WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• Jon
      • Apr 2008

i just want to clarify that the suicide smiley was response a culminating from reading dude's posts... everything about you stinks, you're kind of an attention whore, your styling feels contrived, especially this outfit with those pants hiked up your calves. You look almost as much of a douche as you did with your lips all pursed, perched upon those rocks a few pages back. I think somebody used the word 'guido'...
      Originally posted by merz
      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Had he posted this nobody would have batted an eyelid:

Had he had a boyish Asian face or a goth-y Scandinavian one with long blond hair you guys would be all over this.

In fact this looks like an outfit Les would wear...
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
          • Sep 2006

you don't see me saying that to your posts, do you?
          All I'm saying is that it does fall into the range of something that could get appreciation on SZ, is in fact well done and similar to many Les looks but I have a feeling cultural associations due to his origin (turkish? Greek? Italian?) and grooming style overshadow that. You associate him with "guidos" which is in part racial stereotyping and other parts an observation of him having certain "guido-esque" characteristics (grooming style, sunglasses). Yes it sorta re-contextualize certain elements (pointy boots, jewellery) but I remember having exchanges with a couple of our members about how CCP, for example, had a certain "Eurotrash" quality about it that could exit it's dormant stage at any moment.

Comment

• Johnny
            • Sep 2006

Of course I agree with what you say and how you say it (in your last post) merz, I just detected a "whiff" of superiority generally (not necessarily solely in any post you made) and also a bit of a "ganging up" which is always unsavoury (and which has continued).

Kas, as far as I can see no one said "this doesn't work and here's why". It was all suicide emoticons, "guido" and "douche". While this is, and ought to be a place for discussion, that isn't discussion.

As Fuuma alludes to, there is sometimes a thin line between dark lord and eurotrash. It might be labelled "Vertice" for short, so I don't think that the critisizm is wholly unjustified. Just a matter of tone, approach and how selective it is.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
              • Nov 2006

I agree with you Fuuma. I think what I like most about his post is that he appears natural and comfortable with his aesthetic. Nothing about that photo looks forced or as if he's trying to put on a front, I really struggle to see what the problem is.
              Last edited by andrewislasorad; 04-04-2009, 05:46 PM.

Comment

• the breaks
                • Sep 2007

Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                It's pretty much recognised here that silence, or no response, means no approval. I'm not sure why there is a move away from that for some but not for others.

Popular poster = don't say anything.
                New or unpopular poster = 'you look like a guido george michael after a coke binge'
                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• Jon
                  • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                  "Eurotrash"
                  I for one always took SZ to be a place becoming of subtlety and grace. This guy showed up screaming about his credentials and his friends credentials and he loves reminding us. If I have to read something about Vertice one more time, .
                  perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by the breaks View Post
                    Popular poster = don't say anything.
                    New or unpopular poster = 'you look like a guido george michael after a coke binge'
                    in this case, which are you?
                    One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• the breaks
                      • Sep 2007

I usually refrain from commenting no matter who's outfit it is. ;)
                      Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                        • Nov 2007

i think everyone needs to go outside and grab some fresh air
                        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Fuuma
                          • Sep 2006

perhaps we should all shut up then, and limit our interaction to stocklists and where2kop? seriously, attempts at serious discussion on the subject are the reason the place exists. perhaps i'm a bit harsh, but if i've occasionally something to say at all, i might as well come here and say it. wouldn't you agree that it fits the function of a forum a bit more than a glorified lookbook for 30-somethings with disposable income & an odd penchant for some austrian bloke sewing dick trousers, etc..?
                          I'll have to support Merz on this.

Comment

• the breaks
                            • Sep 2007

I have no problem with harsh criticism. I just think that a) it's a little misplaced in this case and b) it's not given to more "veteran" posters who sometimes post outfits far worse than that.

If you're gonna be harsh, be harsh with everyone instead of always ganging up on the new guy. It's happened a few times now and it's pathetic.
                            Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                              • Nov 2006

constructive criticism

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post
                                I for one always took SZ to be a place becoming of subtlety and grace. This guy showed up screaming about his credentials and his friends credentials and he loves reminding us. If I have to read something about Vertice one more time, .
                                YES .
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎