X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • dontbecruel
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
    I indulge in the unreal because i want to. Of course I want to draw attention, but there is nothing bad or tacky about being outlandish. That was exactly the point with this outfit. I would've turned the volume up more if I found pieces to do so with.
    If only there were more people in life who tried to communicate a personal worldview to those around them. The fact that you do it so eloquently in what is (presumably) your second language puts other pseudo-aesthete contributors to this forum to shame.

Comment

• deleuze
      • Jul 2007

absolutely. It doesn't have to be as polarized as it has gotten. Even though fausts opinion isn't in my favour, he adresses the points I wanted to convey in the first place, so i guess it's a succes in a way still.

Comment

• Fuuma
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deleuze View Post

Heirloom knows what I think so I won't repeat myself here. However this outfit is pretty good and I like the pieces taken individually. I'd have liked simpler boots and no bag better, on the other hand the mongol/UGG shape does work wonders with that coat. I guess it's one of those cases where I would have stuck to black. The pearl/scarf thing is also a good idea, but the colours should have been chosen more carefully. In short I like the overall idea, especially the silhouette, but do think it requires some tweaking.
        Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
        http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• i would've chosen a different scarf if I had one, but plain black felt too flat and dead.

Comment

• Fuuma
            • Sep 2006

i would've chosen a different scarf if I had one, but plain black felt too flat and dead.
            I guess it looks too "girly" with the nomadic ensemble and the colours sort of clash with the black. I'm sure something more uniform in a washed out steely blue would have worked wonders. The idea if to have the pearl evoke a religious/tribal/shamanic feel and not high society housewife with the nice Hermès scarf and pearls.

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

i think the only person the outfit truely perfect for is the wearer, I said it and many others have said THEY would have done things differently but it is all relative.
              I feel on here after reading peoples post's and seeing a few outfits you get to know someone's character and i try to look at the outfit suited to the person, to me there are a few select people on here who seem to manage to really get their voice or personality expressed in this thread; and im saying it again i think it is spot on.

I am also really surprised that no one has commented on the location and photography really is the best i have seen for a long long time.

Comment

• Fuuma
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                i think the only person the outfit truely perfect for is the wearer, I said it and many others have said THEY would have done things differently but it is all relative.
                I feel on here after reading peoples post's and seeing a few outfits you get to know someone's character and i try to look at the outfit suited to the person, to me there are a few select people on here who seem to manage to really get their voice or personality expressed in this thread; and im saying it again i think it is spot on.

I am also really surprised that no one has commented on the location and photography really is the best i have seen for a long long time.
                The second picture is really good because of the sandy colour of concrete. You're right Heirloom deserves some props for this.

Comment

• point taken about the scarf. Irl it's super soft and has shredded edges and some shiny streaks of deep purple in it, which is why i bought it, but I have a severe lack in my scarf department. I would've loved to have some kind of more ancient colour, a combination of the coat and the shoes would've been nice.

edit, added:

the looks are ok if they're on the runway, but irl it's over the top and contrived. I don't get that. What other platform is there for ordinary people to realise their fantasies except in real life?
                  Last edited by Guest; 04-17-2009, 05:13 PM.

Comment

• GANESA
                    • Jan 2009

Comment

• ironman
                      • Apr 2008

merz is that leather Julius?

Comment

• Magician
                        • Jul 2008

Ganesa looks good, but the Adidas trainers ruin it. If you want cheap trainers with the look, non-descript Vans or even Stan Smiths would be a lot better.
                        Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
                          • Jan 2009

Originally posted by GANESA View Post
                          I don't think it looks that good, it just looks like board shorts and adidas sneakers...

Comment

• dji
                            • Feb 2008

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                            merz is that leather Julius?
                            it's the infamous Julius fencing jacket from Thieves, great piece but I need shorter arms and torso before I can wear it .

Comment

• pipcleo
                              • Jan 2007

best way to wear ricks shorts
                              is without ricks trainers

Comment

• philip nod
                                • Aug 2007

this goes out to merz-bow
                                One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎