What are you wearing today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
    • Oct 2008

sick shirt. one of my all time favourite ann peices. probably dont need the vests on top..

Comment

• Gunjah
      • May 2008

Comment

• Williebabzan
        • Jul 2008

Looks comfy and very nice gunjah! First time I really liked the Ann Sandals in an outfit.

Very nice from Bai, Almroth and Mona teeew.

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
          Dude, we're always going to disagree, so i dont see the point in arguing. We have completely different ideas, ideals and attitudes and backgrounds. What you see as an interesting outfit bores me, and what I find spectacular and amazing, you consider to be a costume. I indulge in the unreal because i want to. Of course I want to draw attention, but there is nothing bad or tacky about being outlandish. That was exactly the point with this outfit. I would've turned the volume up more if I found pieces to do so with. I have even designed a wedge heel boot with a goat hair train that I will produce to satisfy my outlandish needs.
          I had this discussion with my boss today, that if you look at the bigger picture, ANYTHING a guy in the 1700's wore would be considered a costume today, especially by you. Therefor I don't see your argument as a valid point in our argument. All respect to you, but our mindsets simply can't communicate.

edit: Tomatous, now that was just silly. I won't need a staff like that for another 40 years ;)
          That's cool man.
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Heirloom View Post
            Absolutely. I'm not being upset or hot tempered, but my comments are a bit sharp, thus I can understand you project an upset voice to my words.
            Faust and I have had heated discussions before, and I don't really bother about it anymore. I am really happy that there in fact are people in here who are willing to discuss, and even happier that I find people with a similiar mindset, but if Faust really did hate drama, he wouldn't have dropped a provoking comment like that.

In the blog I was interviewed, and it says that I'm not only dressing like this to draw attention, but that this is a way of flicking peoples noses as society is flicking my for not being openminded enough.

If I could dress exactly like I wanted, you'd all think I'd be insane. It's not about taste or fashion. I consider compromises to be one of the ugliest things when it comes to something driven by passion.

It's the same in music.
            Imagine if björk said "nah, that won't sell, let's call Max Martin"
            The only problem is that we are in 21st Century, not in 1950s America (or Soviet Union for that matter). You are not only free to rebel all you want, our pop culture encourages you to rebel. This is the official ideology of the day, which makes your comment rather quaint, in my humble opinion.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Jon View Post
              Good post. For me it's hard to fathom how you two could possibly provoke each other this much simply by having contradicting opinions of aesthetics...

IMO, the petulant bickering goes both ways (and a ways back in time) but I find a lot of value in each of your views. If you don't mind me saying; Faust, I think you're a bit quick to put down Heirloom's views. Heirloom, I think approaching this drama as you did here, with a well-written and respectful post will save everybody some grief - I'm sure you're used to getting a hard time for the way you dress but in my eyes you gain a lot of respect in addressing criticism in a respectful manner, as above.

You guys provoke drama in each other and I don't mind, but let's hug this one out and move on. I'm sure we can keep the discussion a bit more constructive in the future.
              Easy - I don't think that tastes are purely subjective. I think this postmodernist view is deeply flawed. Hence, I will always argue about tastes. Besides, isn't it one of the things that makes the forums interesting?

I have no hard feelings towards Heirloom, he knows this.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by baizilla View Post
                This goes out to merz as well!

wrinkled cotton/lurex jacket - Ann Demeulemeester
                dyed shirt - Comme des Garcons Homme Plus Evergreen
                cotton/polyester skirt - Comme des Garcons Homme Plus
                oxfords (not pictured) - Ann Demeulemeester
                Awesome :-)

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Gunjah View Post

I'm sorry, I really truly hate those sandals on everyone who's posted them. There is something truly revoltingly effeminate about them (not trying to sound sexist, sorry).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JetLag
                    • Jul 2008

not really "revoltingly effeminate", just ugly.
                    I think it would work with derbies, maybe worn without lace for a more relaxed look.
                    Originally posted by danman
                    If I could meet you in person I'd fuck you up and steal your PH you bitch. Fuck you and your site

Comment

• Gunjah
                      • May 2008

thanks guys

i think those sandals are a love or hate thing, i really love them, when i saw the show those were the first items i wrote on my must have list :)

Comment

• noerml
                        • May 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        Easy - I don't think that tastes are purely subjective. I think this postmodernist view is deeply flawed. Hence, I will always argue about tastes. Besides, isn't it one of the things that makes the forums interesting?

I have no hard feelings towards Heirloom, he knows this.
                        for me tastes or preferances can only be objective in the broader context of a group or society, but that would presuppose that you consider urself a willing part of this society. However one could argue that we ultimately won't elude the aesthetics of nature itself, but even that sounds a weak argument considering our every effort (putting asside organic food etc...yah..well for every move there's a counter movement) to dissociate ourselves from uh...mother earth.
                        In a way it seems that our general approach to reality would define our approach to "style" as well. Probably a bit to general, but probably impossible to find a rock solid definition.

i personally like heirloom's outfits a lot, mostly because they seem to be way more sophisticated. (damn this sounds more flattering than it was intended but..) he really seems to add something to those garments..not just wearing some brand and/or leaving all the work for the designer and finding a pleasing way to combine them. Bazilla or merz really come to my mind in this context as well. Now please, this is not meant as an offense faust (even tho in a way it really always is if u prelude a sentence like that *lol*) but if see your outfits my instant reaction is "ah..nice jacket... .Next!". But then again I'm aware that a lot of people would argue exactly the opposite way, which I totally accept. And like Faust already pointed out..it's rather enriching if ppl can discuss this topic in a civilized way, cuz it might broaden your own perspective.
                        And through their parting lids there came and went
                        Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Mmmm, I do have lots of nice jackets ;-) This came out of my former (and too long) Wall St. career where outerwear was the biggest way I could differentiate myself. Yes, I am not the one to spend hours in front of a mirror contriving outfits (not that I am condemning others) - most of them are simple. That's why I try to buy "garments" instead of "looks".

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• baizilla
                            • Sep 2006

thank you all

yo, Almroth! I still dream about that shirt from time to time.. such a beautiful piece.

Comment

• Kir
                              • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                              Easy - I don't think that tastes are purely subjective. I think this postmodernist view is deeply flawed.
                              Haven't posted for an age, just wanted to pipe up and agree, the dependence on 'it's just an opinion' or 'it's all subjective' is pathetic.

Back to silence.

Comment

• candidate
                                • Mar 2009

taken by rankin
                                oxford
                                raf simons
                                doc martens

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀