X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fuuma
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chant View Post
    ^ Am I the only one who thinks that Mail-Moth always looks great ?
    But this time the brown/black combination is questionable.
    Mailmoth is a beautiful anachronism hiding a discrete patchwork of modernity. The shirt looks dirty and rumpled which makes it infinitely better, however I wish that vest was navy.
    Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
    http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Fuuma
      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by ironman View Post
      done 5/6 exams..almost there

Dior Homme jacket / Julius longsleeve / Rick Owens pants / Dior Homme boots
      No. Call me racist but Asians should think twice about wearing Dior Homme period, too many strange associations make it a leap in the unknown only a few can pull off (note: it can work beautifully, just almost never does). The femininity of the Chanel references is not balanced here, which is a way to do it, but grotesquely bludgeoned to death by the rest of the outfit. Put that back in your mom's closet. Oh and backpacks and classic elegance are a resounding no. I'm thinking all the other pieces could work BTW, just pair them differently.
      Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
      http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• genzou2.0
        • Jul 2008

/\ racist

Comment

• beardown
          rekoner
          • Feb 2009

I think Mail-Moth is in the higher ranks of members who consistently and constantly put together a really impressive outfit in terms of material and fit and construction.
          Always impressive...for WAYWT photos, they have a quality about them that puts them way above the typical 1. hold phone out toward mirror 2. click button.

Again, not my personal aesthetic favorite but good enough to where I can step back and appreciate it as something better than what I generally can put together. I think it's easier for me to admire styles that I am not drawn to personally.
          Originally posted by mizzar
          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• philip nod
            • Aug 2007

i think mail moth has established a decent look in his study or refurbished whore house (sorry i once had a girlfriend who lived in a former brothel in paris that looked exactly like that) but i think i'd like to see a shot of mail moth in the sunlight and maybe less full of hot air
            One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

Which associations are you talking of? I always thought that Dior Homme was just made for Asians...especially due to our slimmer pyhsique...

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
              No. Call me racist but Asians should think twice about wearing Dior Homme period, too many strange associations make it a leap in the unknown only a few can pull off (note: it can work beautifully, just almost never does). The femininity of the Chanel references is not balanced here, which is a way to do it, but grotesquely bludgeoned to death by the rest of the outfit. Put that back in your mom's closet. Oh and backpacks and classic elegance are a resounding no. I'm thinking all the other pieces could work BTW, just pair them differently.
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                • Mar 2009

Thanks to all, nice to read !

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                i think mail moth has established a decent look in his study or refurbished whore house (sorry i once had a girlfriend who lived in a former brothel in paris that looked exactly like that) but i think i'd like to see a shot of mail moth in the sunlight and maybe less full of hot air
                Hey, that's not so far of a whore house actually : it's part of an ancient convent.
                I think I see what you mean when you talk about seeing me in the sunlight. But I'm a lucky guy, living and working in a small town that's not changed much since the middle ages, I'm going well with my surroundings. Some people may consider me as a local eccentric, but that's it.
                Of course it is a different matter when I go to Paris : I try to dress down a bit.

I'll try and take some pics outdoors someday. But I'm afraid I can't do much for this "hot air" thing : I look naturally unnatural, I've been hearing this for a while now
                Last edited by Mail-Moth; 04-22-2009, 01:16 AM.
                I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• baizilla
                  • Sep 2006

Asians can get away with all kinds of shit (DH included), usually just by being an Asian it will raise your outfit to another level. It only applies to the skinny ones though, in this case I agree with you.. it doesn't work.

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                    Hey, that's a whore house actually : it's part of an ancient convent.
                    Fixed.

Comment

• Mail-Moth
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post
                      Fixed.
                      How gross. Those poor little lambs of the Good Shepherd.
                      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
                      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Chant, LOL.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kbi
                          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post

I don't at all comply with the asian-thing argument but I also see the boots just very misplaced.. The pants and the jacket haven't got the classic fit that go with the slim dior homme look (Pants are slouchy, arms of the shirt are extra long).. I think a pair of rick boots or something similar more smashed up and not that shiny would fit in a lot better.

Comment

• Gunjah
                            • May 2008

Comment

• awlouie
                              • Sep 2007

Nice outfit Gunjah...especially the pants...who makes them?
                              "Fashions fade, style is eternal." —Yves Saint Laurent

"Always be yourself, express yourself, have faith in yourself, do not go out and look for a successfull personality and duplicate it."
                              -Bruce Lee

Comment

• Gunjah
                                • May 2008

thanks

they're n(n), s/s 07 i guess

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢