X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
    zamb you said it, i think they are too different characters they actually wear similar things but in a completely different way.

but at the same time i wish lowery would take more risks
    i don't like to preach because i am really lazy with what i wear these
    need to break the mould

days
    Maybe he takes more risk in different aspects of his life....... maybe he is older, more mature and has been through his risk taking phase of his life (with regards to clothing that is) I dont know, but in a way I can relate to his style............. I have taken alot of clothing risk in my lifetime and I have martured, at this point I want great clothing , that is interesting in its cut, but not ridiculous, I want great fabrics and I want to be comfortable........... if the clothing dooes'nt serve those purposes, for me its not worth having, no matter who made it, what is cost or who else owns/ is wearing it. In some ways I can read that into the way lowery dresses............. he just does it better than I do..........................

gotta go, Sabbath is soon to begin and Im heading of to D.C. to spend mothers day weekend with Mama-Z
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by zamb View Post
      at this point I want great clothing , that is interesting in its cut, but not ridiculous, I want great fabrics and I want to be comfortable...........
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Speak
        • Nov 2007

I personally appreciate/admire Mikes style. He's one of the few people that doesn't look like he 'tried' to put his outfit together. But that's just my opinion, probably because my personal taste is very similar to what his style is.
        Last edited by Speak; 05-08-2009, 07:03 PM.

Comment

• Avantster
          ¤¤¤
          • Sep 2006

Wait, did Servo get plastic surgery and grow long hair overnight to man up to the leather daddy challenge?

Re the discussion if you've met Lowrey IRL you'd know he has a reserved, calm, confident presence about him. And it's reflected in the way he dresses, it's really a part who he is and there's a certain integrity to this consistency. None of his waywts come across as forced, he's always comfortable in his own skin. And that's something to be admired.
          let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Servo2000
            • Oct 2006

I super dig the Lowrey. Definitely agree with Avanster - always looks very, very comfortable in what for most people would be quite edgy looks. Sure - he's not Baizilla - but we can't all be. I can only hope to be as consistent as Mike one day.

That said - I stand by the Trent Reznor image. Super don't dig faux fishnet shirt.
            WTB: Rick Owens Padded MA-1 Bomber XS (LIMO / MOUNTAIN)

Comment

• snafu
              • Apr 2008

I typed another message but the browser wasn't working.
              I hope that people don't see my comment as an attack on lowrey because i certainly wasn't ment to be, thats what i was trying to get across that lowrey and buckler are just totally different characters.
              I just feel that when he has put the edge out it has been pulled off with the best of them (bia included).
              I do agree about the lifestyle aspect people come to class here looking like they have fallen out of a costume shop: forced is not a good look.

Comment

• justine
                • Jan 2007

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                I have taken alot of clothing risk in my lifetime and I have martured, at this point I want great clothing , that is interesting in its cut, but not ridiculous, I want great fabrics and I want to be comfortable........... if the clothing dooes'nt serve those purposes, for me its not worth having, no matter who made it, what is cost or who else owns/ is wearing it.
                Amen to that!

(Edit: mea-culpa: I also admit to a taste for the ridiculous)
                Last edited by justine; 05-08-2009, 08:47 PM.

Comment

• Fuuma
                  • Sep 2006

Lowrey is very constant, he takes quality pictures and does justice to very simple outfits. Not everyone wants to be uber-flashy or change every 5 days. I liked when he used to wear a lot of brown but the black/white/grey palette is a winner. On the other hand it is simply untrue that he doesn't evolve; for example you'll note that he progressively added some jewellery without messing up the overall look.
                  Selling CCP, Harnden, Raf, Rick etc.
                  http://www.stylezeitgeist.com/forums...me-other-stuff

Comment

• Sombre
                    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
                    Not everyone wants to change every 5 days.
                    How often do you change? I like to change at least once a day. Jk. Just trying to take the focus away from Mike Lowrey since that's what he wanted.
                    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• deleuze
                      • Jul 2007

Mike Lowrey put the "lame" in lame basics. He is legend.

Comment

• justine
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by deleuze View Post
                        Mike Lowrey put the "lame" in lame basics. He is legend.
                        Mike Lowrey better wurk!

Comment

• Spencer
                          • Feb 2007

I often find myself not even looking at who's posting. I can usually tell simply from the image or words contained in the message. Lowrey is Lowrey, Pnod is Pnod, and so forth.

Anyway, Lowrey is how I would dress if I knew how. So he always gets a thumbs up from me!

Comment

• BeauIXI
                            • Nov 2008

Lowrey doesn't take huge risks, and he seems like he doesn't evolve, and seems very sedate, but with him, it's never about countless drapes, enormous sneakers or whathaveyou, it's just about a great, solid look that the man can be himself in. I feel that the best place to be is comfortable, and if you can feel comfortable in a pair of Ricks, all the power to you, you were meant to wear them. How many of us have worn a really crazy piece out of the store and felt like your reflection didn't mirror themselves, until they became accustomed to it and treated it like a part of themselves? That's what I think is great about ML's look, as said earlier, it's never forced, and always flows really well.

Besides, greyscale is great, and whoever said that a mesh knit was not nouveau enough for the street?
                            Originally posted by philip nod
                            somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• deleuze
                              • Jul 2007

Yes, Lowrey is a fine Steve Reich composition. Also don't forget the seven pounds.

Comment

• rocknrollnigger
                                • Jan 2009

Call me Mr. Carter or Mr. Lawn Mower
                                Boy I got so many girls like I'm Michael Lowery
                                Even Gwen Stefani said she couldn't doubt me

-a milli-

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰