X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

as far as nulls waywt is concered
    like i said before i feel there is too much going on, and not enough consideration into these elements in the outfit. What i mean is the pieces are quite strong but don't work together; it feels forced and a bit lost.
    For me the denim shirt jacket is always a dangerous one, here it doesnt look to fit very well (too loose/sloppy almost and sleeves are too long) it is almost boarding on trashy, that maybe the idea behind the piece but i think in order to not look like a step to far, destroyed denim gay clubber you need to balance something like that out with far simpler subtle piece.
    Denim and denim imo is a tricky one if you are to mix black and blue i would keep one color/ tone flat if the other is washed, here one seems to be washed the other seems to be creased/waxed treated in some way.
    The shirt scarf wrap thing (the chest piece) adds more to an already cluttered look, i really dont feel it is necessary and on its own i would let it sit on a flat piece or tone not a washed denim shirt.

The fact the jeans are rolled up with what appears to be leggings underneath is a trend we are all seeing more and more, really you have to be sure about this before doing it. Here the jeans are far to wide and loose at the top compared to the tightness at ankle.
    The shoes i don't see fitting with the rest of the outfit what so ever with the rest of it, i would go with something far closer to sneakers in this case, i don't really understand the reason for the choice in oxford lace ups.

Even things like the ripped tank appearing and the ring; some people consider these just to be add ons but i still feel these things can actually be very strong points in creating an outfit. They should not be put on just for the sake of it, just because its a nice piece doesn't mean it looks nice in every outfit.
    When you look at the HOF in most cases its less is more and here its gone way beyond simplicity, too much and i feel when you get so much going on it looks try hard and trashy.
    Look at what bia said "one strong peice and tones the rest of the outfit down", when you look at the strong dressers on here mike, merz, pnod, bia, croation they don't really overstep the mark. To really put so many elements together is very difficult the only person who really does have a talent for it is Les/still we all know he has the ability to make everything look good but he has the most flattering body shape.

All these may sound like a real attack but null asked me why i said it was too much before these are the reasons.
    Null you chose interesting locations and do great photographs in waywt standards, this is the outfit i really didn't feel worked but iv seen others far more successful, so don't take it heart just my point of view others probably will disagree.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

Snaf, I am tearing at seeing you mature like this on SZ. Consider the difference between your punctuationless incomprehensive ramblings half a year ago and this post. This is good!
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
        • Aug 2007

Even things like the ripped tank appearing and the ring; some people consider these just to be add ons but i still feel these things can actually be very strong points in creating an outfit.

i also leapt for joy at seeing this semi colon winking amongst the detritus but my backflip stalled mid air when i realized it was fashioned improperly, and i came back down head first and these words, which literally bleed out of my head, are gone and dead now.
        One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

:(......

Comment

• Mail-Moth
            • Mar 2009

Thanks again, Wire-artist !
            I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
            I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Nullsleep
              • May 2008

Everyone -- thanks for the thoughts on both sides. I appreciate that it was even suggested for the HOF, and of course I'll take the constructive criticism into account as well.

Comment

• Sombre
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post

Thanks again, Wire-artist !
                Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Jk jk. I like the minimalism here.
                An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Sombre
                  • Jan 2009

^Touche.
                  An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                  I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Chant
                    Banned
                    • Jun 2008

Even much more impresive this way.

Comment

• kyle zeitgeist
                      • May 2009

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                      The fact the jeans are rolled up with what appears to be leggings underneath is a trend we are all seeing more and more, really you have to be sure about this before doing it. Here the jeans are far to wide and loose at the top compared to the tightness at ankle.
                      The shoes i don't see fitting with the rest of the outfit what so ever with the rest of it, i would go with something far closer to sneakers in this case, i don't really understand the reason for the choice in oxford lace ups.

Really? this is a trend? ive never seen anyone do anything like this before in my life. in a serious context. leggings under shorts are all over the place but under casual fit rolled up jeans? hopefully not - i think it completely ruins the entire look. it looks really silly like you're trying to not get your jeans stuck in a bicycle chain that already ripped your tank top to shreads and have a bicycle with chains on both sides.

Comment

• Spencer
                        • Feb 2007

Is your name really kyle? If so, nice.

Comment

• Babyshamble
                          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by SombreResplendence View Post
                          Forgive me Father, for I have sinned.

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                          Is your name really kyle? If so, nice.
                          So random. But yeah.. nice name

Comment

• eat me
                            • May 2009

Originally posted by Chant View Post

Even much more impresive this way.
                            Hmm... The face, the 'hair'cut, the pose - everything conveys drama, apart from the clothing. Somehow, clothes look plastic and oversized, and that vest cuts of the top part of the body in such an unflattering way.

Comment

• Chant
                              Banned
                              • Jun 2008

Originally posted by eat me View Post
                              Hmm... The face, the 'hair'cut, the pose - everything conveys beautifull drama, and the clothing is the cherry on the cake.
                              Somehow, clothes look plastic and oversized, and that vest cuts of the top part of the body in such a flattering and impressive way.
                              Totally agree.

Comment

• Chant
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2008

Trying to push the most interesting part of my personality to the forefront.

Last edited by Chant; 05-21-2009, 06:34 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎