Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • snafu
    • Apr 2008

I have to say im not feeling any of looks in that photo.

Comment

• Faust
      kitsch killer
      • Sep 2006

I have to agree with snaf.
      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hello.
        • Apr 2009

I don't want to come off as combative, just curious so let me state that first. That being said, what about it don't you like? What would you change?
        I'm a bicycle, I'm too tired

Comment

• snafu
          • Apr 2008

less trash more class imo, the whole shreaded hem thing iv never really liked. Not even when julius did it never mind home made attempts.
          The blazer skinny jeans look is something we all have seen and now something everyone does, so if your going to do it, you really have to do it well now, not a cheap or vintage attempt. Don't get on the whole i can't afford notes just be considerate in what you do buy.
          Beads and dangly laces around necks, and most definitely rosaries is a bit try hard and eh-hem pete doherty anyone.If you wanna go with that look i think you really do need to have clear and considered touches of class.
          But really i feel that look is very old tiered and worn out now.

No offense at all but your rather lanky and your really just exaggerating it, really i wish i had your height much better than being short, but still i don't think your really doing yourself any favours.
          With you all there standing dressed like that i get an almost boyband feel, know what i mean

I cant see any of your personality in the way any of you guys are dressed there or not, its too much of a goth ninja night out uniform. get my drift ? don't take it as an attack but you did ask, i say all this with a constructive attitude in mind

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

No, you have a full right to ask that and I should have clarified. I suppose I am getting tired of what one could by now call a standard SZ look (I thought I'd never utter these words myself). I think the main problem is the overly long shredded tee, which is a bit too victimy - I'd substitute with something more toned down, subdued, which would make the outfit more elegant. I would also maybe take away the necklace and rolled your sleeves down? What I hate to see are stereotypes - I love looking at individuals, and this look is too stereotypical.

Thank you for being patient here, by the way.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

The fact that Snaf and I wrote basically the same response at the same should tell you that there is a point to be made (as well as that SZ is a weird fucking place).

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• snafu
                • Apr 2008

Faust i think we pretty much shared the same opinions on the look. :)

EDIT :we are typing in sequence
                im loving it !!!

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

We are a one-two punch.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• hello.
                    • Apr 2009

My main problem with clothing is my height and awkward proportions. For instance faust, if I were to roll those sleeves down they wouldn't be anywhere near to my wrists. I know rosaries are a bit of a cliche but the cross on the one I am sporting there is inverted and done as a kind of point of irony although you cannot see the cross there. I will take all of your critisisms constructively though and thank you for them at that. But as for adding a touch of class what would you suggest?

Comment

• snafu
                      • Apr 2008

just something more understated, its not like we set the rules you kinda should know what does and doesn't work for yourself
                      I mean its so sz and i don't really want to suggest it because of that but maybe a simple tee such as a double layer; they are long and maybe would work for you.
                      But i mean you dress your self, and on a side note the feedback was not just at you. like i said im not feeling any of the looks

Comment

• hello.
                        • Apr 2009

I understand it wasn't directed only at myself but I'm just trying to take the feedback in a way I can use it. It's not as though I'll never wear that shirt again although I may shorten it.

Comment

• andrewislasorad
                          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                          i just can't look at that vest w/o thinking of marc jacobs. he ruined it.
                          ...well at least mine is in the blistered leather, definitely makes a huge difference..much darker, less homo-trackstar. it's a crucial piece for the LA heat, outerwear in summer is tough.

on the head to toe- I am after the silhouette and proportions that rick creates, the pieces them selves are basic enough [aside from the vest]. The slim upper body with wider tree trunk bottom half while also breaking up silhouette horizontally. I feel that is the real strength of Rick's designs rather than on an individual piece basis. Of course comfort also plays into it.

thanks for the words fuuma and shye

ma+ leather shirt post coming soon- time to prove pnod wrong

Comment

• Aleks
                            • Feb 2009

I'm curious as to what you dislike with my outfit as well. Would like to know some of your opinions.

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

Originally posted by andrewislasorad View Post
                              ...well at least mine is in the blistered leather, definitely makes a huge difference..much darker, less homo-trackstar. it's a crucial piece for the LA heat, outerwear in summer is tough.

on the head to toe- I am after the silhouette and proportions that rick creates, the pieces them selves are basic enough [aside from the vest]. The slim upper body with wider tree trunk bottom half while also breaking up silhouette horizontally. I feel that is the real strength of Rick's designs rather than on an individual piece basis. Of course comfort also plays into it.

thanks for the words fuuma and shye

ma+ leather shirt post coming soon- time to prove pnod wrong
                              i do like your vest. i saw it at barney's awhile back...and if its this season's leather shirt i'm already jealous
                              One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• Vikeid
                                • Feb 2009

aleks: not that im perfect in any way when it comes to dressing. but i think all of your outfits looks pretty good. the thing i dislike is just the photo i guess. you know, three bored buys standing against the wall.. dressed head to toe with szgear, trying really hard. as snafu said, kinda like a boyband. looks a bit silly, i dont know. if you guys would take separate photos in good light i think i should kinda like all of your outfits.

your top looks interesting. is it leather? doesnt really look like a jacket.. and i like the shoes : )

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎