X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sion
    • Mar 2009

Wow, dont like it at all...

Mona, you are totally awesome. Great outfit once again. And your lips are beautiful!

Comment

• CommieRabbit
      • Oct 2007

Fails as a person.

Partially succeeds as a Bond villain, albeit a rather confused one.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
        • Nov 2007

whoa this is pretty fucking cool. the sunglasses over the eyepatch adds an unnecessary degree of camp but i guess that's the point isn't it?
        LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

I think we're at Heresy, up from Violence.
          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Magician
            • Jul 2008

In all seriousness I think it's an awesome "fuck you cultural norms" outfit.

To the fact that he can justify such an outfit with his job and lifestyle, I say "Yasher Koach" (more power to you)
            Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
              • Mar 2009

joke or not...looks fucking cool! and well done on having the grande gahunes to rock it! Eye patch! Killer!
              merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Magician View Post
                agreed but the credit should rightfully go to thom browne
                LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• Chinorlz
                  • Sep 2006

To the fact that he can justify such an outfit with his job and lifestyle, I say "Yasher Koach" (more power to you)
                  disagreed.

"fuck you to cultural norms" is juvenile a la 14-18 year olds, especially in the way this was done. You cannot justify this other than being a fucking moron with a shiteating grin. Wearing this means you want... no, are BEGGING for attention of any sort. No job or lifestyle justifies this and it only speaks to a need to fill some hole in ones life. After a while, just being able to buy anything you want isn't enough and you move on to something else. Attention whoring is attention whoring.

It's fashion victim to the nth degree. It's so bad that it's just funny and utterly sad because he had to ask someone to walk behind him for a while taking action shots that he'd later edit and post first on styleforum then here because he wants the attention.

Of course continued discourse on the subject is exactly what he's feeding off of but whatever.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• ironman
                    • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                    I don't like this level. Shoulda got off on the last floor.
                    lol

i'd like the eyepatch, except there's sunglasses over it

Comment

• Magician
                      • Jul 2008

Chinorlz I really respect you as a poster and really enjoyed following your development as a designer and artisan but I think you're dead wrong on this one - and I'm not just saying that to rile up SZ.

It is a next-level absurd "Fuck You" worn with humor and confidence and I don't think there's that much more to it. I wish I had the bankroll and lifestyle to do similar.

At the end of the day most all fashion is ornamentation and this motherfucker took that to its (il)logical extreme.

Also psycho-analyzing someone through a limited exposure on a website is a slippery and dangerous slope.
                      Selling badass McQueen topcoat 48/38/M. I also write and tweet.

Comment

• Sombre
                        • Jan 2009

Chinorlz I really respect you as a poster and really enjoyed following your development as a designer and artisan but I think you're dead wrong on this one - and I'm not just saying that to rile up SZ.

It is a next-level absurd "Fuck You" worn with humor and confidence and I don't think there's that much more to it. I wish I had the bankroll and lifestyle to do similar.

At the end of the day most all fashion is ornamentation and this motherfucker took that to its (il)logical extreme.

Also psycho-analyzing someone through a limited exposure on a website is a slippery and dangerous slope.
                        But beyond a certain age (18 like Chinorlz said) shouldn't one be able to find one's place, happiness and entertainment without screaming "FUCK YOU!" at the top of one's lungs, either literally or through various media, clothes in this case?

Chinorlz only said the outfit alludes to what he pointed out and gives the impression of attention-seeking (although he's quite capable of speaking for himself).
                        An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
                        I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

disagreeing is all good. Builds discussion/debate although this could go the way of Heirloom vs Faust et al

For me the bottom line for what I wear and how I wear it is functionality. You can at once be functional while self-projecting and non-self aggrandizing. What is the point of wearing something like what he did? No statement gets made and ultimately people don't look at what it is that you're wearing (in the sense that it's TB etc etc) but the fact that you're wearing a dress skirt (not a unisex sarong, kilt etc.).

There certainly is humor involved but I don't think directed in the path that you believe so. Plenty of people have the bankroll on here to have purchased something like that 10 times over but they don't because there's really no reason to.

Although I'm only 27, the "pushing social norms" in the way that our japanese fashion editor guy who wears womens pink Balenciaga pieces or how it's done here just ends up being childish and tiresome. It has a try-too-hard sense to it (if that makes any sense).

I guess the bottom line is, why would you wear that (or other things comparable). To be funny is likely not the reason.

addendum:

You got it SR.

and maybe iSuck's posting will lead to some interesting discussions!

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

just because he is wearing a man skirt doesn't make it awesome. you can bend the rules (or say "fuck you" to cultural norms, as you put it) without looking like a total moron, and in my opinion, he is failing hopelessly at this.
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Spencer
                              • Feb 2007

Welcome back iSuck. You cant quit SZ. It quits you.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Spencer View Post
                                Welcome back iSuck. You cant quit SZ. It quits you.

That's channeling some Yakov Smirnov right there!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎