• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Sombre
    • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
    you must be blind.
    Could explain the enamour with the eye patch.
    An artist is not paid for his labor, but for his vision. - James Whistler

Originally posted by BBSCCP
    I order 1 in every size, please, for every occasion

Comment

• Diego
      • Aug 2007

Merz and Bai seem very lonely at the HOF thread, Arto's latest should join them no?

Comment

• Nullsleep
        • May 2008

Indeed -- get that fucking lowrey fit into the HOF already!

And lulz at the drama ensuing from that chick crack / iSuck post. Looks totally ridiculous in my opinion. I have to assume this was the original intention though, so in that sense its not a total failure.

Comment

• dontbecruel
          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
          Anyway, can we stop discussing this garbage. What a waste of bandwidth.
          Why is this intrinsically less worthy of discussion than Mike Lowrey's sophisticated jeans and jacket outfits?

In England we have an expression for the type of husband who doesn't like his wife trying to feed him fancy food: a "meat and two veg man". Faust, Albert and a few other of the venerable members of this forum sometimes come off a bit like that to me.

I know you won't like me saying this, but some of you meat and two veg guys sound rather hostile in response to the overtly gay members of the community, for whom dressing is naturally going to be a more dramatic way of expressing their place in moral society. Why do iSuck and Heirloom bother you so much?

With regard to the return of the sucky one, he looks pretty good doesn't he? Those photos he used to take in his flat were like polaroids of particularly ill-fitting Christmas sweaters sent to auntie to show her you did wear it at least once. Going outside suits him. Whoever would have thought he had that swagger about him?

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

Originally posted by dontbecruel View Post
            Why is this intrinsically less worthy of discussion than Mike Lowrey's sophisticated jeans and jacket outfits?

In England we have an expression for the type of husband who doesn't like his wife trying to feed him fancy food: a "meat and two veg man". Faust, Albert and a few other of the venerable members of this forum sometimes come off a bit like that to me.

I know you won't like me saying this, but some of you meat and two veg guys sound rather hostile in response to the overtly gay members of the community, for whom dressing is naturally going to be a more dramatic way of expressing their place in moral society. Why do iSuck and Heirloom bother you so much?

With regard to the return of the sucky one, he looks pretty good doesn't he? Those photos he used to take in his flat were like polaroids of particularly ill-fitting Christmas sweaters sent to auntie to show her you did wear it at least once. Going outside suits him. Whoever would have thought he had that swagger about him?
            I never said anything about the post, Kinda came to the party late but found the whole thing rather amusing. Personally i really liked justin, didnt mind having him around as i could always guarantee a laugh out of him.................However, there is something in your post i need you to clarify

Are you saying that individuals here (straight members) dislike the post simply because Justin is gay?
            I am also seeking clarification on the part of your post I highlighted.
            what does being gay has to do with dressing in a dramatic way? what is there to be achieved in so doing? could not one be gay and see no need to use clothes as am medium of expression for something ( ones sexuality/ sexual choices) that should have been a private matter in the first place?
            also curious about what role morality plays in the whole scheme of things..............
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• deluks917
              • Mar 2009

I forget what it was in reference to but Fuuma once said something like,"You either follow the conventions of wetern society or you do wahtever you want"

So yeah I think a pirate in a skirt and a ninja in a frayed tank top (yes the exageraton is intentional) are essentially the same.

Comment

• zamb
                • Nov 2006

Originally posted by deluks917 View Post
                I forget what it was in reference to but Fuuma once said something like,"You either follow the conventions of wetern society or you do wahtever you want"

So yeah I think a pirate in a skirt and a ninja in a frayed tank top (yes the exageraton is intentional) are essentially the same.
                what would these two thin gs have in common that would make them, at least to you, essentially the same?

Comment

• deluks917
                  • Mar 2009

^
                  I just think (without putting down the forum many members of which look great) find it odd that a group of people who apparently dress oddly enough to have a "reactions to what you were wearing" thread call other people's clothing choices attention grabbing, innapropriate jokes.

also sorry about repeating myself so much I am now done

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Nice post DBC, I appreciate discussions like this that arise from anything from Thom Browne to men in skirts. I don't mean to speak for Faust et al but I think the issue isn't about how it looks or sexuality, but what merz mentioned about costumes, it's simply different strokes for different folks.

Anyway personally I think he looks fine, probably one of the best pics he's had. However the skirt proportions are a bit off, with the boxy dbl breasted jacket it creates a inverted pyramid silhouette that looks precariously unbalanced. I would have liked the skirt longer and more voluminous.

let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• zamb
                      • Nov 2006

Originally posted by deluks917 View Post
                      ^
                      I just think (without putting down the forum many members of which look great) find it odd that a group of people who apparently dress oddly enough to have a "reactions to what you were wearing" thread call other people's clothing choices attention grabbing, innapropriate jokes.

also sorry about repeating myself so much I am now done
                      you dont have to respond, but you are repeating yourself in part because your opinion seem to lack a thoughtful foundation, in the sense that you cannot (or refuse) to see the differece between a man in a shredded hem tank and one in a skirt.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                        • Sep 2008

Originally posted by Avantster View Post

I would have liked the skirt longer and more voluminous.
                        I think this would have defeated the point of what the outfit was communicating

that look in its whole is one that presents an awkward, perverse sense of restraint, something like a sartorial cage. To let in some give for movement and flow is to turn it into something else altogether. Also not to mention the cohesiveness of fabric use from top to bottom. Thom Browne isn't CdG.
                        www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• sound&vision
                          • May 2008

Originally posted by dontbecruel View Post
                          Wow, this comment of how gay individuals are going to dress in an extravagant manner just because of their sexuality is infinitely more homophobic than the the homophobia you're accusing members of this forum of. There isn't a definitive correlation between liking the same gender and dressing in a hideously camp manner.

Comment

• Fade to Black
                            • Sep 2008

i won't lie, dude looks like he's having a pretty smashing time in the last pic w/ Raf simons jacket and white tee.

"ooh i think they like me, in my white tee..."
                            www.matthewhk.net

Comment

• Teger
                              • Apr 2009

He makes a great wingman, and isn't that what fashion is about in the end? Scoring hot chicks?

Comment

• Fade to Black
                                • Sep 2008

Originally posted by MonaDahl
                                not familiar with old drama or posters but I think the main problem with the skirt suit outfit is that the cut of the skirt is horrible. Skirt suit on a guy is different (not the most mind blowing thing out there, though) but it can look good or bad. The cut of that skirt is like the worst kind of skirt the 14 yr old hasidic girls in Brooklyn wear. Though I know he's not well-liked around here, I think Marc Jacobs wears skirts well.
                                like i mentioned in my post a few up above that got caught in same-time posting crossfire, the TB outfit isn't one striving to be aesthetically 'pleasing' in a general sense on an immediate viewing like MJ's more down to earth cdg skirt, white shirt and RO boot outfit would be. i guess people can argue that this is defeating the point of putting effort in getting dressed in the first place, but I like that the outfit proposes something more challenging within the framework of proper tailoring and construction.
                                www.matthewhk.net

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎