Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zamb
    • Nov 2006

I think Isuck deserves his own thread................
    would be epic
    “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
    .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• crz
      • Apr 2008

Originally posted by Teger View Post
      He makes a great wingman, and isn't that what fashion is about in the end? Scoring hot chicks?

if that is your view on fashion.. please leave. right now.

i think all those first 2 outfits you posted look horrible. he loves raf and jil, but looks terrible in them, not to mention the damir dome costume i've seen him wear. i've seen him look good in 1 outfit, it was a simple rick owens one

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by merz
        I Know that one, im speaking of one with pictures and all.

Quotes,
        the whole works..............
        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Teger
          • Apr 2009

Originally posted by crz View Post
          if that is your view on fashion.. please leave. right now.

i think all those first 2 outfits you posted look horrible. he loves raf and jil, but looks terrible in them, not to mention the damir dome costume i've seen him wear. i've seen him look good in 1 outfit, it was a simple rick owens one
          I'm sorry, I didn't realize that checking your sense of humor at the door was a prerequisite for posting on SZ...

Comment

• dontbecruel
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by sound&vision View Post
            There isn't a definitive correlation between liking the same gender and dressing in a hideously camp manner.
            I apologise if I caused offence and realise in retrospect that I described my point in quite a clunky way. But that really isn't what I meant at all. I just wanted to say that role-playing and experimenting in your clothes is a part of gay culture and one that I like but other members don't seem to. Saying this does not mean that I expect gay men to dress in an extravagant manner particularly. And I don't assume it is relevant to all or even the majority of the gay community. I do, however think that this role-playing has a social power for those who enjoy it.

By way of analogy, I am Jewish and hopeless at football or manual labour. In my mind these two facts are connected. I even find the connection amusing and sometimes use it to try and portray myself as a more sophisticated, cerebral kind of person than my Anglo-Saxon peers. But that doesn't mean I expect all Jewish men to have two left feet or believe all Jews to be intellectuals.

I also don't think iSuck's granny-suit is camp, by the way sound&vision, although maybe the eyepatch/sunglasses combo is.

Comment

• BeauIXI
              • Nov 2008

It's all true, problem is that forums don't exactly promote personal taste and/or style, in my opinion, it just creates demand for 'sick shit' which is only sick if top posters agree that it is.

Personally, I don't buy very often because I need to buy things I feel represented by.. If I'm wearing something, I like to make sure that I can see myself wearing it and not contriving some sort of extraneous persona for myself. It's exciting, but it's dishonest.
              Originally posted by philip nod
              somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• noerml
                • May 2008

I personally am having second thoughts on this outfit from isuck. At first i was like...damn this skirt looks awkward. Then i was like...damn if he was wearing trousers along to this suit it would be an awesome fit. And then i was like...damn if he was wearing trousers instead of the skirt would be boring as hell.

I guess there are people who like to act the "only gay person in the village"...though he prolly should rename himself to LittleSuck.
                But see, if i open a random fashion magazin most of the looks won'T appeal to me, but nevertheless I couldn't honestly say that most of them suck on a fundamental basis. Meaning fashion needs diversity. And I think fashion too needs those outstanding, close to ridicule people. From my own process of creating outfits I often find that i borrow from the extreme and try to make it wearable. So in essence I see Isuck, the local verson of the Cat lady, some random punk or whatever and i go like "hey that idea is somewhat cool, how could i put that to good use?"
                Also on another note..i've seen quite a lot of CCP or dick all-over fits in this thread, so it shouldn't be an arguement that he has a tendency to combine uh...straight from the lookbook. That kind of style doesn't appeal to me, cuz it lacks some inherent expression of the person under the garment, however that might just be temporary opinion. Thinking 5 years back I always had the impression that wearing that Dior Homme all-over runway outfit resulted in 20pages of uh..what was that inane word again "karma". And seems to be the case with CCP here still, at least sometimes, and it equally seems to be contected to the fact that sometimes the observer tends to forget the person behind the outfit and soley focuses on those coveted garments themselves. It naturally doesn't work out if there was no uh...ad-campaign (in the broadest sense of the word, meaning 20threads on forum might in a way result in the same without the company every deciding to put a penny into pr)

well whatever
                And through their parting lids there came and went
                Keen glimpses of the inner firmament

Comment

• casem
                  • Sep 2006

Intentional derail with mind bending meta-fashion:
                  music

Comment

• Avantster
                    ¤¤¤
                    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
                    nailed it. you have people here who piece together coherent aesthetic and personal style through which, amongst other things, they define themselves. parallel to that, you have people who are experimenting and role-playing, all around 'playing fashion', pretty much the anathema to the former group's mindset. i'm not saying one has any more right to be here than the other, and the consequent debate is nothing if not entertaining.. but its unlikely to ever be resolved.
                    Word. But discussions like this are why I like these forums and if anything I welcome diversity, to paraphrase an old zen sentiment and the book I'm reading right now, sometimes it's worth emptying your cup to taste some different tea. Just like your mind, you have to empty before you fill it with something new, else it overflows and leaves a mess. It's real easy to live your life swishing the same old tea in your cup every day thinking it's great stuff because it's all you've ever tried because nothing else could ever get in.
                    let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• casem
                      • Sep 2006

^^^ Avanstster shames my goofy post with his profundity.

I agree, I would much rather see posts from iSuck than another person in a rick tank and sweats.

Originally posted by Avantster View Post
                      Word. But discussions like this are why I like these forums and if anything I welcome diversity, to paraphrase an old zen sentiment and the book I'm reading right now, sometimes it's worth emptying your cup to taste some different tea. Just like your mind, you have to empty before you fill it with something new, else it overflows and leaves a mess. It's real easy to live your life swishing the same old tea in your cup every day thinking it's great stuff because it's all you've ever tried because nothing else could ever get in.
                      music

Comment

• the breaks
                        • Sep 2007

I'd rather look at outfits like that than the endless RO sneaks + tank + tee + leather jacket ones that this thread is rife with.
                        Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Awesome. So it's cool if I put this thing on and take a few pics of myself for the thread? Without the ridiculous medieval axe, of course. I've been looking for an excuse to try it on...
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                            • Mar 2009

^^ that is just another silly comparison,is it not?

Such uproar! hahaha! For me personally,regardless of his goofy face and glasses over eye patch,i think it brought some diversity to the thread and added to some already great images over the last few pages. Granted maybe would have been better with just a front and back image,but fuck it!
                            I feel that people are hating on the guy rather than the outfit in most cases.Similar to the mini backlash i caused after i first joined.
                            But im a person who doesnt really give a toss in general and i continued to post through out the forum,regardless.
                            I say YE for diversity and NE for stagnant clone images of dick,ccp et all!
                            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

fuck, i dunno. i still think of waywt as just that, despite whatever the forum. is supposed to capture that day, moment, whatever. i suppose I am in the minority but I figure that if you went to the office, post what you wore. went for a walk, post what you wore.

when it gets to a point that people are rifling through their closets to impress/disgust/confuse strangers online, I start to not know why I bother.

Comment

• the breaks
                                • Sep 2007

You should read the post you're quoting before you write 4 paragraphs of crap. I don't care what you like to wear and why. I personally wear jeans and a t shirt almost every day which I certainly don't fancy as anything "special". What I mean is I would rather see iSucks outrageous shit because it makes this thread more entertaining.
                                Suede is too Gucci.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎