Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

Guess who's one of my favorite writers...
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Raw Edge
      • Jan 2008

wow. Roberts- Desnos and Walser. you all have some good taste

Comment

• eat me
        • May 2009

Originally posted by Teger View Post
        He makes a great wingman, and isn't that what fashion is about in the end? Scoring hot chicks?
        No, that's what fashion photography is about.

Comment

• kunk75
          Banned
          • May 2008

sorry for the flashdance fit but i am trying to take body absurdism to the level that some that shall remain nameless have taken fashion absurdism. on my way to play lazer tag with the kids.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
            • Mar 2009

careful u dont squash the poor little things with those tri's!

A,in my days of working on south molton street i have seen a lot !
            Namely a group who called themselves The House Of Fierce Nest!
            One of these fellows would dress in old style golf gear,high socks,jojdpur esque pants and a quiff 50 cm high! he was not 2 bad,but the rest of the HOFN could only be described as a band of rainbow brothers and a bad cross dresser!

Although if you venture to the east end there are some sights to be seen!
            Especially when Boom Box was still going.
            Last edited by SHYE_POSER; 05-29-2009, 02:19 PM.
            merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kunk75
              Banned
              • May 2008

There is a guy near penn who dresses like payne stewart or any number of other golfers inspired by the dress and game of the 20s. Have to believe he's not something disappointing like an accountant.Please click one of the Quick Reply icons in the posts above to activate Quick Reply.

Comment

• SHYE_POSER
                • Mar 2009

Some people can pull it off,but some of the others left a lot 2 b desired..i think a WTF post may be required!
                merz: your look has all the grace of george michael at the tail end of a coke binge.

Comment

• kunk75
                  Banned
                  • May 2008

some people can pull off anything. below are some photos of the publisher of artforum. always a monochrome concept. the palette is a bit bright perhaps for sz but this guy always looks great IMO. his office is in the same building as mine.

Comment

• beardown
                    rekoner
                    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
                    fuck, i dunno. i still think of waywt as just that, despite whatever the forum. is supposed to capture that day, moment, whatever. i suppose I am in the minority but I figure that if you went to the office, post what you wore. went for a walk, post what you wore.

when it gets to a point that people are rifling through their closets to impress/disgust/confuse strangers online, I start to not know why I bother.

I agree with this man.
                    Certainly there is a level of integrity I think most members try to maintain and that's good. People know when they post on here, they're strapping themselves to the whipping post and that's good in a way because I think it makes people think twice about what they wear and what they submit.
                    But let's face it: The Hall of Fame thread exists for a reason and not every WAYWT submission can be Hall of Fame status.
                    There has to be a hierarchy to develop certain levels of accomplishment in these photos. You can't have good WAYWT photos without bad ones or not-so-great ones.
                    And not every photo is going to appeal to the higher echelon of members. Some take fashion less seriously than others on here. Some take certain brands to heart (really, really to heart) while it might not appeal to others.
                    Clearly, this is what makes the world go around.
                    Also clearly, if someone posts a WAYWT pic of something that's not appropriate or SZ level, that person will likely never post again after the thrashing he/she receives.
                    So there is a certain amount of self policing that goes on here to keep things from getting out of hand.
                    Ridiculous is ridiculous...Whether it's over the top, expensive, label suckling or whether it's the other end where the clothing/fit is too mediocre....expect others to have an opinion.
                    I certainly don't think anyone should be immune to harsh opinions (they are just that, after all) simply because their outfit cost upwards of 4 grand and it's comprised totally of the label of the week/month/year.

Something else that would enrich the WAYWT section is a brief summary of what you did that day, where you went, possibly even why you chose the clothes you wore. I always thought that the higher level of intellect on here (which some choose to attack) is what separates us from the beasts of fashion.
                    I don't think it would go amiss to briefly discuss why you wore what you chose to wear on a particular day. Kind of fills in the blanks and gives a little insight to the process of those who do it well.....even those who may not do it so well.
                    A back story may seem extreme but it would be an interesting way to get to know members a bit more. After all....there are most definitely thought processes going on when you wear what you wear. Why not reveal them a bit?
                    Originally posted by mizzar
                    Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• kunk75
                      Banned
                      • May 2008

^ yup. IMO, everyone should have the right to post and everyone should have the sack to deal with the inevitable praise/criticism/hate, etc.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

that old guy looks solid in his clothes. perhaps it's socially ingrained in me, but a man that is 60+ years old can almost never look bad in a suit. It's a natural look.

but what the hell is up with the guy on the left in the first photo. The angle must be bad but that small head doesn't belong on that ginormous body hahahaha
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

head shrinkage must be a result of the old fella sticking a hand in his pants
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• kunk75
                            Banned
                            • May 2008

in my limited experience with him, he seems to prefer hand/pants play with young female model types.

Comment

• kunk75
                              Banned
                              • May 2008

sweet. thanks merz. what i'm going for.

Comment

• beardown
                                rekoner
                                • Feb 2009

Since I'm running my mouth, I figured I'd toss one into the mix.
                                Slow day...friday. Had to go to the post office and to the bank and that was it. Nice and warm out..warmest it's been in a while. And I'll gladly admit there's an awkward intersection between the boots and pants but there's always tomorrow for a better choice.

This is what I wore today and what I will be wearing for the rest of the day.

Originally posted by mizzar
                                Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎