Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mail-Moth
    • Mar 2009

DHC, this sentence was just a silly paradox : I can't say I don't understand irony in Christianef's answer unless I've perceived it ; so my own answer was meant to be an ironical agreement to this ironical statement about Fuuma being the apex of SZ's aesthetics conformity.

Or was that serious ?
    I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
    I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

Originally posted by asho View Post
      you came here for business? I have often suspected that sz may just be one massive market research tool for some.
      It is a good market research tool. Just as any other fashion forum. What makes it one of best is amount of people who can think one step further than today.

fashion business is no business for me... i see fashion through the three windows Vitruvius applied to architecture... firmitas, utilitas, venustas. you would do well to think along the same lines. your ideas reek of featurism.
      What do you know of my ideas?
      Where is the border between showing off knowledge of architecture basics, quoted latin and your perception of reality?
      Try to answer this before telling me what will do me well.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• galia
        • Jun 2009

DHC : Parisians don't understand irony ?

[dies of shock]

Comment

• zamb
          • Nov 2006

Originally posted by new_dawn_fades
          zam i quoted nietzche
          I know, but I find him to be an arch scoundrel..................
          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• asho
            • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
            It is a good market research tool. Just as any other fashion forum. What makes it one of best is amount of people who can think one step further than today.

What do you know of my ideas?
            Where is the border between showing off knowledge of architecture basics, quoted latin and your perception of reality?
            Try to answer this before telling me what will do me well.
            re creating an aesthetic for the sake of style is essentially the definition of featurism. as for the latin, its as commonplace as carpe diem.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

it has always been cdiem,carol,rick,ann and shrug* raf
              and yes cloak too.
              and chalayan, and comme des garcons, and junya watanabe, and yamamoto, and boudicca, and helmut lang. really, is it so hard to stop harping on how homogenious this forum is?

you all need to shut the fuck up and post something interesting instead of whining. SZ is what we make it. WAYWT = worst SZ thread.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

haha! Though obviously not lost on you, it was something that someone said to me while in Paris that prompted curiosity and a response to your post. Much to my shame, it was a serious question about Parisians. I apologize for my foolhardy ignorance.

Edit: Galia. The same apology is extended to you and all of France for that matter. I realize how utterly stupid it was to have pondered such a possibility based on such a naive statement. Forgive me? It was a pleasure to meet you by the way!
                Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• asho
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Oh weh mir View Post
                  Are you really suggesting that others would do well to think along the same lines as you? That is a little presumptuous isn't it?
                  I am not Vitruvius

Comment

• galia
                    • Jun 2009

well I don't know, I thought Paris was renowned for its irony, kind of like england is renowned for deadpan humor

maybe it is more akin to sarcasm and not true irony, Parisians are usually a little mean

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Originally posted by DHC View Post
                      The question you raise is a good one Alesha. I've been worrying that SZ is becoming a kind of club of people riding the "brand loyalty wagon". This used to be a place where people appreciated finely fabricated clothing. Now the forums are littered with "must kop" posts and no backing up of why it is being so sought after. I appreciate that much of the clothing provides one with a visceral response, but the value of the clothing from the brands that everyone loves here lies in contruction, fabrics, new details in patterns. Not just the aesthetic, you know? I think the more this is addressed, the more we'll see people coming around to discussing this. This is just my humble opnion, but SZ has always been shoulders above the other fashion forums for this reason.

Edit: perhaps this post should be moved to Randomness? Ehh..who cares?
                      Word. DHC, you got the expertise - it's time you dropped some knowledge bombs so people understand how much appreciation you have for the brands in your store.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• asho
                        • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        WAYWT = worst SZ thread.
                        agreed. would advocate 1 week lockdown. let the others flourish

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ 100 post rule is not a bad idea.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Oh weh mir
                            • Oct 2008

100 post rule please
                            I'm in support of this. I don't mind waiting, I'd rather see the rest of the forum flourish. How about that 'post your creations' thread? More posts needed there.
                            Originally posted by AVALANCHE
                            is this an example of how not to wear ccp?

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

yea, but it will definitely cut down on number of useless clicks. i won't do it just yet, but i'll entertain the idea. still, i agree with you - the best way is to ignore the trolls and they will go away - just stop reacting to them. and keep posting quality discussions in other sections. case closed. pm sent. game over.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

how about an american idol wawyt thread for perspective sz members. winner gets to post on this board.
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎