X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • christianef
    • Feb 2009

Originally posted by Darklands View Post
    I felt your comment required an (extremely rare) posting from me. When responding to an enquiry regarding size it is of paramount importance to us, to advice correctly, as nothing is more of a headache than dealing with an item that was the wrong size, for either party. To that end, I can tell you that we have about a 97% success ratio, with all of our brands. I have been selling and wearing Ann Demeulemeester for 15 years and I will add that it is one of the easier brands to correctly identify size on. I cannot remember, the last time we received back a piece of Ann for being the wrong size . . . so something must be working.
    well that was the reply i got, regarding an oversized piece (her oversized pieces generally fluctuate a lot in size. so do her shoes. so does basically everything she makes. ) and ive been wearing ann for a while now too everything from womens 34 to mens XL and everything in between. always buy the same size is never the best advise. especially if you're a woman. sorry. but that wasnt even my point, that was in a private message where you can say whatever you want and it doesnt affect the general forum, and i think darklands plays it pretty coy here so i didn't mean to pick on you. i don't even have a problem with hobo and the waywts ( the clothes pretty much have to speak for them selves being worn in pictures.) its in other areas i see a potential problem. i can list several pieces i think are terrible at pollyanna, can you hobo?

Comment

• lowrey
      ventiundici
      • Dec 2006

I don't know what on earth your point with the latter part there is, but either way this can be discussed somewhere else than the waywt thread, thank you.
      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
        • Feb 2009

Redacted. I don't want to perpetuate another senseless 4 page rant

EDIT: christanef that post was senseless and spiteful for no reason.

i just couldn't bite my tongue :-)
        Last edited by cjbreed; 09-05-2009, 04:04 PM.
        dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

christianef, as another female who has been buying/wearing Ann for awhile, i am totally bewildered by your post...in five years, i have never tried on a shoe of hers that didn't run exactly one size too big, for example. All of my garments are either 36 or 38, usually consistent with whether the garment is unstructured or tailored...she is, as darklands says, remarkably consistent in this regard.

And I don't understand this challenge to Hobo at all....why would he buy a piece he considers "terrible?"

edit: sorry, ML!
          I won't redact, but please feel free to move or delete my post as you see fit.
          Last edited by laika; 09-05-2009, 06:00 PM.
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Christian View Post
            The guy at the entrance, assisted by two policemen, didn't want to let me in, since my shoulders weren't covered (we're in Italy ).
            So I told him : "I'm Christian, and I will enter in this christian church". He couldn't refuse no more.

No, actually, I put Khiev's jacket on my shoulders and gave him back when we were in to take the picture, since I'm A TRUE REBEL PUNK.

...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• Chant
              Banned
              • Jun 2008

I have to say that I'm a bit dissapointed that nobody (pniddy where are you ? Or you've maybe blinded by the shine of the CCP 10 red boots from Lift ?) noticed the strong colour composition of this picture and the echo between Khiev's outfit and the two people sitting on the benchs.

Fuck, it took us so much time and energy to :
              - find in the Duomo people wearing the proper colours,
              - convince them to sit at the proper place,
              - ask them to stay there fixed, without looking back, even though they had, behind them, a red footed gauche gigolo and a lady like guy wearing a at 90° unfortunately washed by his wife shrunked tank top.

Comment

• khiev
                • Nov 2006

don't make me look like a fool, it wasnt 90°!!

Comment

• theaddict
                  • Apr 2008

Now Lift is empty...Khiev i want to see a full pic of your CCP haul
                  Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• khiev
                    • Nov 2006

nah, you do remember that the suits are custom right? lift has a good measure of ccp suits, selvedge stuff left.... mostly in size 46-48... and they should receive their next shipment within the next two weeks now that some of the ccp staff are back at work. i think the same goes for atelier... but i did kop m.a+.

the ccp lift order is huge... and their ccp and m.a+ installation exhibit is awesome. you dont realize how mindblowing the ccp rubber drip leather bag is until you see it in real... but of course you've already handled it, right S-A?

Comment

• theaddict
                      • Apr 2008

The bag is sick R! I would cop if i had won in the lottery, but i have better things to invest my money in.
                      Let me know if you can make it to berlin next time...are you already back in Seoul? Big plans...huh?
                      Cheers my friend...

oh and yes i was talking about the custom orderssssss...show us some true ballerdom...all the collection in one pic would be cool...

Originally posted by khiev View Post
                      nah, you do remember that the suits are custom right? lift has a good measure of ccp suits, selvedge stuff left.... mostly in size 46-48... and they should receive their next shipment within the next two weeks now that some of the ccp staff are back at work. i think the same goes for atelier... but i did kop m.a+.

the ccp lift order is huge... and their ccp and m.a+ installation exhibit is awesome. you dont realize how mindblowing the ccp rubber drip leather bag is until you see it in real... but of course you've already handled it, right S-A?
                      Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• christianef
                        • Feb 2009

Originally posted by laika View Post
                        christianef, as another female who has been buying/wearing Ann for awhile, i am totally bewildered by your post...in five years, i have never tried on a shoe of hers that didn't run exactly one size too big, for example. All of my garments are either 36 or 38, usually consistent with whether the garment is unstructured or tailored...she is, as darklands says, remarkably consistent in this regard.

And I don't understand this challenge to Hobo at all....why would he buy a piece he considers "terrible?"

edit: sorry, ML!
                        I won't redact, but please feel free to move or delete my post as you see fit.
                        I wont go into detail but what size do you wear in a men’s oversized cashmere/wool cardigan? and even in the classified section here her footwear is listed as true to size sometimes. It’s not really a challenge im just curious, the oki-ni buy was openly ridiculed, as are others…even down to the choice of model. If you’re going to genuinely contribute to this forum and not just be a spokesperson for your store (in fact accost me for supposedly implying such.) I want to know a few pieces at your store you don’t like. again i work for a high end boutique there's lots of stuff i could gladly stir you clear of.

Comment

• beardown
                          rekoner
                          • Feb 2009

Christianef,

You should go back and read Hobo's posts. He's got a lot of knowledge to offer and lots of input for discussions.
                          If I remember correctly, he didn't even reveal who he was for a while nor his affiliation with any store. Someone (David?) realized it was him in the CCP thread I believe.

Any good shop owner (regardless of what industry it is) can tell you that you buy what sells so you can facilitate and continue the act of making a living. Why would what he carries have any relevance at all?
                          Originally posted by mizzar
                          Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Seriously, christianef - why are you turning this into an attack on Hobo? Let's make one thing clear - I invited him here. I met him in Paris, we got to talk and I saw that he was genuinely passionate about what he does, so I said he should check out the forums. He did and he liked it. He then asked if Pollyanna can be an affiliate, and I was more than happy to have a store of such caliber, a real fashion institution in England, to be on SZ. And I don't understand the criticism of posting what he wears when MOST OF IT is not what's even in store right now. And what the hell do you really expect an owner of a fashion boutique to wear?! This whole discussion is beyond bizarre. It is equally bizarre to blame someone for buying something that you don't like. There are other people in this universe.
                            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Christianef is a she.
                              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• random
                                • Dec 2007

I have to say that I'm a bit dissapointed that nobody (pniddy where are you ? Or you've maybe blinded by the shine of the CCP 10 red boots from Lift ?) noticed the strong colour composition of this picture and the echo between Khiev's outfit and the two people sitting on the benchs.

Fuck, it took us so much time and energy to :
                                - find in the Duomo people wearing the proper colours,
                                - convince them to sit at the proper place,
                                - ask them to stay there fixed, without looking back, even though they had, behind them, a red footed gauche gigolo and a lady like guy wearing a at 90° unfortunately washed by his wife shrunked tank top.
                                that was a sweet try, christian. however, imho the composition doesnt have the white+red color combo stand out. it is you with your long torso that stand out actually, and then with the red shoes+white suit it is a bit too much. had Khiev been there himself with the audience in red and white as backgrounds and the camera angle been slightly adjusted, it would be a much better piece of work. just imo.
                                I don't exist.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎