• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Faust
    kitsch killer
    • Sep 2006

Originally posted by galia View Post
    the insult isn't even my main beef though. my problem here is the bigotry, but whatever

you're all someone else's fashion airhead, so I don't see what grounds any of you you have of calling a person specifically that (I'm the same, but I try to refrain from this sort of discourse unless I'm wasted)

and I didn't even see what was wrong with that guy's first picture, you could hardly see what he was wearing anyway and I doubt anyone could even identify a single piece
    so, not liking someone else's style is bigotry? that's news to me.
    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mail-Moth
      • Mar 2009

Galia, I don't have the intention to sound harsh but you make me wonder where's the bigotry here.

I have the right to call what I see here plainly ridiculous, as those people have full right to call me whatever they want. These are clothes, and we are a certain number here to agree that we all happen to dress up in some sort of way. There's a thread over there full of people's reactions to what we usually wear on this forum, and most of them are actually pretty funny.

We're used to laugh at those jokes made about our outfits. It's part of the game. I suppose it is the same for those people.

Now if you regard, in their sake, Golden Hair and the Pirate as deeply insulting to these persons, to the respectable human beings they are, I apologize.
      Nonetheless, I suggest you take a nap.
      Seriously.
      Last edited by Mail-Moth; 08-09-2010, 10:37 AM.
      I can see a hat, I can see a cat,
      I can see a man with a baseball bat.

Comment

• Originally posted by purplekicks View Post
        No one would work as hard as I do because they want to listen to shit like this. I don't save up money for months to buy a gorgeous pair boots for any other reason than because I love them. You'd be insane if you thought anything but. Yet you continue to assume you know who I am. Well, fuck off. I dress for myself.
        you're too good for this place. run before it's too late. i'm too fucking stubborn to give up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Christian View Post
          Are you insulting me ?
          you tell me. would you come to my defense if I was?

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

I am remaining in my grandstand seat on this one............
            and they say the religious discussions were bad (duck!)
            “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
            .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• fenrost
              Banned
              • Mar 2009

all of the sudden, purplekicks pic, along the new sig, is so hof worthy.

Comment

• Tyler
                • Aug 2009

just wearing some APC P.S. at work. nothing special.

Comment

• kbi
                  • Feb 2009

"Vulgarity is the conduct of other people, just as falsehoods are the truths of other people”

that's all I can think of purplekicks. sorry to bring it up again

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Heirloom, why does every negative comment pertaining to someone's style is the equivalent of gay bashing to you? These are completely different things. I can understand your position - I am sure you have experienced many negative experiences due to your sexual orientation - but please don't paint everything with the same brush. You accuse others of bigotry, but you engage in some serious stereotyping yourself. I know quite a few gay people who would respond in the same way to purplekicks outfit. It's not about being gay - it's about displaying a vulgarity of style, especially in such a nonchalant, bordering on disdainful manner (which, i suppose was just him being preemptively defensive, which is normal for ostracized teenagers) as he did. He asked for attention - he got it. It's been even more than 15 minutes - so he achieved his purpose.

Anyway, this discussion... I am beginning to feel like an Oscar Wilde character...
                    Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• first of all. I never mentioned anything about anyones sexuality, and was not paying attention to it. the rest of your post is thus completely irrelevant.

furthermore: this guy is only 15, but you grill him as hard as any guy your age. I bet you were less put together by the age of 15, and I don't think you at 15 would appreciate someone else in your position putting words in your mouth like you've done. Nowhere has he said that he wanted 15 minutes of fame. He's asking for respect and manners. Why is that so hard to understand?

Comment

• Nikov
                        • Nov 2008

It is the opinion of some members of this forum that the people in the front row are dressed like shit. That is simply a personal opinion. Is it insulting? Maybe, but personal opinions can sometimes be hurtful. I know that they did not post that picture on this forum asking for our opinions, but anything that is publicly available on the internet is fair game for people to express their opinions. How is that bigotry? Nobody seriously said that we are better than them or that everybody should dress like us because we are the true voice of fashion. In fact, Heirloom, you are the only one who said that purplekicks is too good for us, as if you could somehow tell his intentions, attitudes and personality from just one picture.

Comment

• i judged by what he wrote himself. He said that he dresses for himself. Why not trust the guy and be a nice person?! People are unforgiving for no reason, and it doesn't spread a nice smell.

the double standards of this forum continues to blow me away, that when I, a well known member in this forum tells people off for posting pictures of my friends and then dramatically formulating their dislike of what they wear, I get no back up, but even the sliiiightest clue that people find the fit models from rick owens store page hot, and people are asked to refrain about commenting on their looks as they're staff working in the RO store. and that was a POSITIVE comment.

Could moderator please remove the picture?

Comment

• Johnny
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Mail-Moth View Post
                            Yuck.

I can't force myself. I hate this. It's not beautiful, nor daring, nor bizarre, nor disturbing. It simply looks stupid. Human hangers indeed.
                            Note: none of this is an insult.

Comment

• Originally posted by beardown View Post
                              The ironic thing is that we could post photos of fashion show audiences all day and make fun of them while in other parts of the cyber world, people would be posting photos of us and making fun of those.

So judge not lest ye be judged.

I fully support rational critiques but ever since purplekicks dropped into the thread, it seems like some have used it as an opportunity to tout their fashion superiority and that just seems laughable to me.

Can't we just agree that the original post was bad and move onward without smelling our own shit here?
                              If the outfit was as inconsequential and unremarkable as everyone has agreed, then surely it doesn't warrant this amount of overreaction.
                              a little too diplomatic towards the ending ;) but thanks for posting this.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnny View Post
                                Note: none of this is an insult.
                                but irrelevant and not civil or educating at all. I appreciate honesty, but I'm not describing the colour of my fecal matter to someone else.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎