• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dane
    HAMMERTIME
    • Feb 2011

love it love it love it.
    i traded my LUC jeans + Julius belt + Neil Barrett jeans for a blamain biker jeans

Comment

• Patroklus
      Banned
      • Feb 2011

Originally posted by thomcat View Post
      received a great parcel yesterday of something i have wanted for a few years. not that its rare or anything but im very happy with the n(n) cardigan!

[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v726/sad_minotaur/DSC_0011sm.jpg[IMG]
      shredded jeans and a punk rock knee belt, you're welcome

Heirloom, get out of my monitor and into my life.

Comment

• tweeds
        • Sep 2006

Originally posted by merz
        i'm a hate-filled, ass-flavoured cupcake.
        Just back browsing briefly - the merz always delivers.
        SITE | TWITTER

Comment

• cowsareforeating
          • Jan 2011

thomcat looks boss as always. 4 fits posted. 4 a+ fits

Comment

• nostromodo
            • Jan 2011

Originally posted by killah View Post
            aussy the texture on that cdg jacket looks great!

rolled up maude/sistersuzie knit. its really comfy
            yohji shorts
            all black nike lunarglide +3’s

was hot as shit in socal the other day
            Killah, I like the knit a lot. Very nice and good match with the pants:))

Comment

• beardown
              rekoner
              • Feb 2009

There's nothing wrong with taking context and environment into consideration. Those of us on rural, Midwestern states realize it makes life a little easier. I remember reading a comment on here about someone unable to wear Harnden in NYC after returning from Paris explicitly because of context. That's a little over the top in my opinion but I get what he was saying.

Most guys who wear skirts probably wouldn't head to a sports bar in a rural town but I could see (and have seen) acute bouts of homophobia from guys based on wearing something much less feminine.

I mean, fight the power and all that but without reopening the can of worms about dressing for a wedding, I see nothing wrong with dressing for the occasion and/or
              environment so long as you're still free to be whoever you are. You shouldn't have to
              morph yourself but we all have pretty voluminous wardrobes...I imagine people can
              dress comfortably without compromise.

Or do what I do if you're in the Midwest: either skip out on social events altogether or carry a switchblade around with you. Just in case you have to price that you're a satanist.

As far as men in skirts across the board, some can pull it off, some cannot. I would never try...it's just not something I would be into but mike nouveau seems natural in them. He could probably pull off shorts to a wedding as well though. We've seen heirloom pull it off. I know jogu could make it look natural. Maybe that's the proper word I'm looking for: not all can do it naturally.

Sometimes confidence alone is not enough to help the man in the skirt,
              I'm afraid. I did grow up in the Midwest though...may have spent one
              too many nights in sports bars as a young dude. Most likely I just don't care for the idea of wind blowing around my netherparts.
              Last edited by beardown; 01-15-2012, 11:00 PM. Reason: Sorry...on my phone. Should say 'prove' you're a satanist. Not price. We all know the price of being a satanist.
              Originally posted by mizzar
              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• noones forcing anyone to wear them. just asking for less prejudice against those who do enjoy something outof the ordinary...

Comment

• CHRIS
                  Banned
                  • Dec 2006

the sports bar tea analogy isn't really the same. it's like, it you get invited out to a bar to watch a game, it might not be the wisest choice to wear a floor length gown... realistically speaking. that is, unless your intention is to fuck with group dynamics or instigate some kind of brawl fueled by pints of miller lite and homo hate. whereas ordering tea might be seen as a bit eccentric, the issue is nowhere near as complex as what (might) happen when you choose to throw on a skirt. the point is, if your intention is to have a laid back evening with your friends, and enjoy the game... you wouldn't really opt for the skirt, would you? (i.e context matters)

anyway, love the outfit heirloom!

Comment

• whitney
                    • Dec 2009

i reckon if it was a bit shorter and had a bit of color to it it'll be more socially acceptable.

i do like that skirt pants combo, flows good.
                    you stole my signature :insert mad face:

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

Originally posted by docus View Post
                      Very nice Nictan - even the statue in the background is looking on approvingly. What is the jacket?
                      Thanks! Jacket is Kazuyuki Kumagai.

Rilu: Thanks!

Comment

• Rosenrot
                        • Aug 2010

Heirloom - I love how you paired the boots underneath all those layers. Gives me another idea on how to wear mine.
                        Originally posted by Patroklus
                        Better too adventurous than not enough
                        everyone should strive towards ballsiness

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Who the fuck wants to go a sports bar anyway?

The way I see the whole men in skirts shabang, especially in Rick's aesthetic, originally, it's a similar silhouette to having a long inner layer and a short outer layers. So if you wear one of those long one button Rick cardigans and a leather on top, it creates a similar silhouette (plus his obsession with the clergy dress). But now these are full on skirts, constricting in a feminine way - personally, not crazy about it. We are no longer in kilt territory.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                            Banned
                            • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                            Who the fuck wants to go a sports bar anyway?
                            not you,apparently

Comment

• beardown
                              rekoner
                              • Feb 2009

That's the problems with Ohio. At least one of them. Every bar installs 12 giant TVs and they inadvertently become a sports bars. Even the gay bars and dance clubs. I just stay home in my skirt and listen to music.
                              Originally posted by mizzar
                              Sorry for being kind of a dick to you.

Comment

• endorphinz
                                Banned
                                • Jun 2009

^drinkin tea?

ya know, the more I look @ that skirt pic, the more I can say, with confidence, that I wouldn't dig it irl.... and I think Faust hit the nail on the head with his reasoning.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎