X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

I was going to say, if thats the worst look, has she never seen uggs, beach flip flops and whatnot.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

i think in shucks case that particular boot may be a little bit heavy for summer but it still looks fine. i like the boots + shorts thing in a rick owens context and i also like it in the way zam does it for example. its not particularly uncomfortable either because u have the air circulation benefit of the shorts. not so locked up like with pants.

much of my teen angsty youth was spent wearing combat boots and military pants i got from the army navy surplus store that i hacked off at the calf. kind of a julius look, only it was 1993.

Last edited by cjbreed; 06-13-2012, 04:56 PM.
      dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• KM80
        • Mar 2008

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
        much of my teen angsty youth was spent wearing combat boots and military pants i got from the army navy surplus store that i hacked off at the calf. kind of a julius look, only it was 1993.
        I found a picture of myself a little while ago wearing the exact same outfit, in 93. My surplus cargo cut offs were so baggy.

Comment

• blackfedora
          • Jan 2012

Originally posted by KM80 View Post
          I found a picture of myself a little while ago wearing the exact same outfit, in 93. My surplus cargo cut offs were so baggy.
          I came from a really backwoods town in Quebec, so it was 1995 when the chopped cargo pants and destroyed combat boots became the uniform of the disaffected youth/bad kids. I don't think Julius will ever pair that look with a Corrosion of Conformity or Type O Negative T-shirt though....ha

Comment

• kunk75
            Banned
            • May 2008

ditto, docs and cut-off surplus with a thermal and band tee was my go -to outfit

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
            i think in shucks case that particular boot may be a little bit heavy for summer but it still looks fine. i like the boots + shorts thing in a rick owens context and i also like it in the way zam does it for example. its not particularly uncomfortable either because u have the air circulation benefit of the shorts. not so locked up like with pants.

Comment

• michael_kard
              • Oct 2010

Galia, your consistent descriptions of different human body parts as disgusting is ......not cool?
              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Raw
                • Oct 2009

Lol, flip-flops are the thongs/sandles, not a human body part.

Comment

• galia
                  • Jun 2009

It's just toes on pavement anyway. I think it's specific enough for me to be allowed this phobia

Comment

• Pontifex
                    • Jun 2010

Originally posted by galia View Post
                    It's just toes on pavement anyway. I think it's specific enough for me to be allowed this phobia

on a more serious note...flip flops are awful, they belong on the beach imo.
                    oh, R'lyeh?

Comment

• shdws
                      • Sep 2011

Cue in Patroklus.

Reenact the Pulp Fiction scene, feeeeeeet
                      Round 2

^those look comfy, but it would suck if they had bindies hidden within them.
                      Or a dog comes over to urinate on your feet
                      Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people

Comment

• Mikevigar
                        • Jan 2010

Flip flops aren't the nicest looking things, but what alternatives are there if you want to let your feet breathe when its warm?

What about this season's L & F sandals and the various strappy sandal things you can get from Damir, Ann and MA+? What do folks think of those in comparison?

I end up defaulting to flip flops in hot climates because of a lack of alternative options, I would happily walk around bare footed if I lived somewhere suitable...

Comment

• zamb
                          • Nov 2006

i dont like flip flops and won only one pair of sandals that I only use when going through the airport because I cant be bothered with all of the craziness you have to deal with when going through security.
                          I wear boots and sneakers in summer and i dont have a problem with it being to hot.

I dont lie casual shoes, i dont like anything that looks to relaxed and lack a certain sense of formality. truth is i dont like ordinary clothes and this is in part because of my desire to project a certain "otherness" about myself without necessarily looking ridiculous.......

The other thing I dont get is this idea that peoples toes are gross.........????
                          There is no part of the human body that is gross , unless we are talking about some disfigurement/ deformity of the like. If y'all think toes are gross do you hide your face from looking at your own feet when you remove your shoes?
                          “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                          .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• Oasis
                            • Apr 2011

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                            The other thing I dont get is this idea that peoples toes are gross.........????
                            Z obviously ain't seen my feet.
                            Originally posted by christianef
                            u looks like tbone on the juice.

Comment

• curiouscharles
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Mikevigar View Post
                              Flip flops aren't the nicest looking things, but what alternatives are there if you want to let your feet breathe when its warm?

What about this season's L & F sandals and the various strappy sandal things you can get from Damir, Ann and MA+? What do folks think of those in comparison?

I end up defaulting to flip flops in hot climates because of a lack of alternative options, I would happily walk around bare footed if I lived somewhere suitable...
                              look for the classic offerings from Ann, the 'jesus' sandals, and the flat toe-loop sandals are two classic offerings that will pretty much cover most sandal-appropriate fits quite well.

i personally still wear my Jil Sander sandals from s/s 2010, and will look straight to Jil Sander again when it comes to replacing them - get millions of compliments on them on the regular, and they're a great design in the sense that they don't fall too heavily into any one fashion camp, allowing them to be worn with a variety of looks.

-

Comment

• morsto
                                • Nov 2008

I have yet to see one single outfit that includes mandals, that would not look better with other footwear.
                                Flipflops is just plain disgusting.
                                I do not recognise the vessel,
                                but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍