Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • cjbreed
    • Feb 2009

yeah docus i feel the same. you're one of my faves because of that loyalty. and there often seems to be a collared shirt or something thrown into the mix somehow, taking it from casual to business casual , but with the continues/post carpe vibe which is cool and different but still mature and appropriate
    Last edited by cjbreed; 01-07-2014, 04:03 PM.
    dying and coming back gives you considerable perspective

Comment

• cjbreed
      • Feb 2009

Originally posted by kunk75 View Post
      ^i've done the reverse. wearing a lot of tweed, eg and finally gave into harden. must be the binge watching of downton abbey
      dat harnden still fits into my black tees, black jeans, black boots motif. in fact, lo and behold, thats what i am actually wearing right now haha...funny.

Comment

• endorphinz
        Banned
        • Jun 2009

@docus:
        jacket fits perfectly and. cuz it does it becomes a piece of clothing that integrates and assimilates with the whole fit & not just another leather jacket. i really dig it.

my shit...

i found recent posts ironic. i really did try to restrain myself...but i always lose to me....lighting and lack of pixels do not do justice to colors & texture,

last week when it was merely cold....not today

stetson:wool
        oxford clothes:wool
        brioni:cashmere
        generic:lambswool.
        barneys:wool/silk/rubber
        guidi:cow
        generic/cashmere/lamb

i applaud those venturing into the dark,unchartered territory of "men's clothing". the vibe you project is created by you; not by the labels sewn into your garments....harnden did not invent,nor did he perfect,tweed

Comment

• cjbreed
          • Feb 2009

Originally posted by endorphinz View Post
          the vibe you project is created by you; not by the labels sewn into your garments....harnden did not invent,nor did he perfect,tweed
          see, here's the problem with this. you are constantly criticizing those of us that have grown fond of, or loyal to, certain labels. labels which have themselves grown to become adjectives to describe a certain look or vibe. but this did not happen by accident. these designers have created an identity so thoroughly and executed it so well that they have earned their spot. it was not bestowed upon them by us or by any other fashion industry monolith. there is such a thing as a continues or carpe diem vibe. there is a rick owens vibe. and lord yes there is a paul harnden vibe for fuck's sake.

but the cool thing is to watch each other take these items and make them our own.

but here comes endorphinz to shout label whore! and then post a triumphant fit to further emphasize your point, which in fact has the opposite of the intended effect. you think you are giving us a lesson by showing how you are "above" the clamoring for labels and the conspicuous consumption of the young and moneyed. but your confusion lies in the fact that we already know what you are saying, but there are some designers whose work and ethos have overcome the bullshit facade of fashion. thats why we are here. thats why this place exists.

to illustrate, here's a few of SZ's own wearing the dreaded paul harnden. just look at these fools with their black tees, black jeans and black boots. have they no creativity?

and here's you

the end

Comment

• endorphinz
            Banned
            • Jun 2009

^ i'm very confused. i was proud to be the first on your IGNORE list.

like shooting voodoo chiles in the barrel

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by snafu View Post
              yeh i'd love to see K in ph, i think it would work really well, ....although what footwear? It would be hard to make rick work.

& Docus/H i love your loyalty it really suits you and i like the playful conservative dress you... i know you must get comments simply because your not wearing topman or next in your work environment ;)
              A1923 works very well with PH.
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                see, here's the problem with this. you are constantly criticizing those of us that have grown fond of, or loyal to, certain labels. labels which have themselves grown to become adjectives to describe a certain look or vibe. but this did not happen by accident. these designers have created an identity so thoroughly and executed it so well that they have earned their spot. it was not bestowed upon them by us or by any other fashion industry monolith. there is such a thing as a continues or carpe diem vibe. there is a rick owens vibe. and lord yes there is a paul harnden vibe for fuck's sake.

but the cool thing is to watch each other take these items and make them our own.

but here comes endorphinz to shout label whore! and then post a triumphant fit to further emphasize your point, which in fact has the opposite of the intended effect. you think you are giving us a lesson by showing how you are "above" the clamoring for labels and the conspicuous consumption of the young and moneyed. but your confusion lies in the fact that we already know what you are saying, but there are some designers whose work and ethos have overcome the bullshit facade of fashion. thats why we are here. thats why this place exists.

to illustrate, here's a few of SZ's own wearing the dreaded paul harnden. just look at these fools with their black tees, black jeans and black boots. have they no creativity?

and here's you

the end
                I am Faust and I approve this message.

Look, anyone with more than an idiot's IQ knows that any criticism of "it all looks the same" variety is mere intellectual laziness. But perhaps it's best not to feed the troll.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• endorphinz
                  Banned
                  • Jun 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                  I am Faust and I approve this message.

Look, anyone with more than an idiot's IQ knows that any criticism of "it all looks the same" variety is mere intellectual laziness. But perhaps it's best not to feed the troll.

I'm shocked!

who criticized what and said what looks the same?

talk about lazy?

anywho,thought I was talkin bout tweed...I just see,what appears to be,a lot of solid black

Comment

• cjbreed
                    • Feb 2009

^ i'm very confused. i was proud to be the first on your IGNORE list.
                    you are, but sometimes i can't help myself. like watching a train wreck, i can't look away. but i shall try harder. because you are incapable of an effective discussion, as evidenced by the above. you obfuscate the argument by responding from some sort of selective reading comprehension.

i don't mean to seem like i am attacking you or being hard on you. i just think maybe i've had enough. i feel like you might be better suited to another forum. which is fine. one is not better than any other, just different.

if i had a ban hammer you'd be beaten to a pulp.

sorry...

Comment

• endorphinz
                      Banned
                      • Jun 2009

^
                      sorry,still confused, ignore list means my posts are invisible to you so what you said makes no sense.

and please.cut the bs... you meant to "be hard on me" & to "attack me". I'm a big boy (actually a decrepit old man) and I can handle it. I'd expect nothing less from you

ban me for what? having the audacity to offer different opinions that the sz postulated norms??

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Originally posted by cjbreed View Post
                        ]
                        if i had a ban hammer you'd be beaten to a pulp.

not that i necessarily support this, but I couldn't help laughing out load at this......

someone should sig this!
                        “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• kunk75
                          Banned
                          • May 2008

or alden.

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                          A1923 works very well with PH.

Comment

• upsilonkng
                            • May 2010

@docus:
                            jacket fits perfectly and. cuz it does it becomes a piece of clothing that integrates and assimilates with the whole fit & not just another leather jacket. i really dig it.

my shit...

i found recent posts ironic. i really did try to restrain myself...but i always lose to me....lighting and lack of pixels do not do justice to colors & texture,

last week when it was merely cold....not today

stetson:wool
                            oxford clothes:wool
                            brioni:cashmere
                            generic:lambswool.
                            barneys:wool/silk/rubber
                            guidi:cow
                            generic/cashmere/lamb

i applaud those venturing into the dark,unchartered territory of "men's clothing". the vibe you project is created by you; not by the labels sewn into your garments....harnden did not invent,nor did he perfect,tweed
                            this looks like u were an extra in that Dick Tracy movie... u really are the most passive aggressive guy in the corner of the room at a party that no one wants to make eye contact with........
                            and i think u know this
                            i would put u in my ignore list but then i can't find all ur passive aggressive insults directed at me and what i do and ur dick tracy costumes, if i saw u on the street i wouldn't give u change that's for sure but i'd call the Salvation Army on u.

Comment

• cjbreed
                              • Feb 2009

^
                              sorry,still confused, ignore list means my posts are invisible to you so what you said makes no sense.
                              i can click to view your posts when i feel like it

and please.cut the bs... you meant to "be hard on me" & to "attack me". I'm a big boy (actually a decrepit old man) and I can handle it. I'd expect nothing less from you
                              nothing about my post history or reputation supports this statement

ban me for what? having the audacity to offer different opinions that the sz postulated norms??
                              no, i'd ban you for consistently bringing down the quality of the forum with every single post you make.
                              Last edited by cjbreed; 01-07-2014, 07:59 PM.

Comment

• t-bone
                                • Dec 2009

I had to double-check the day... its not a weekend, what's going on here dudes? Can't we all just play nicely? Also:

Originally posted by snafu View Post
                                yeh i'd love to see K in ph, i think it would work really well, ....although what footwear? It would be hard to make rick work.
                                I guess I made a faux pas today (ph, ph, cdg, ro):

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎