X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • matthewhk
    • Jan 2007

Re: Weekend in NY MAY

I can't imagine the quality of food at places like Masa and Urasawa being any better than your above average sushi eatery in Tokyo. I pretty much refuse to eat Japanese food outside of Japan at this point. But my proximity to the country is one of the factors that is taken into consideration as well...

Comment

• Chinorlz
      • Sep 2006

Daniel, very interesting to hear a mediocre review of masa. Its the first I've heard! Especially with the intimate setting of masa making the food and handing it to you... I've imagined it to be really otherworldly. Bourdain was even spurred to write an unsolicited personal review of it on egullets masa thread after eating there... And that bastard has eaten all over the land of the rising sun. As for quality, I've heard it is nothing short of amazingly superfresh and top top notch ingredients that rival your average place in japan. With the material costs and such, its been called an honestly good value for both the amount you get, the experience, and exactly what you get to eat. Fugu meals alone in japan would set you back a few hundred easy.
      www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
        kitsch killer
        • Sep 2006

[quote user="Chinorlz"]Daniel, very interesting to hear a mediocre review of masa. Its the first I've heard! Especially with the intimate setting of masa making the food and handing it to you... I've imagined it to be really otherworldly. Bourdain was even spurred to write an unsolicited personal review of it on egullets masa thread after eating there... And that bastard has eaten all over the land of the rising sun. As for quality, I've heard it is nothing short of amazingly superfresh and top top notch ingredients that rival your average place in japan. With the material costs and such, its been called an honestly good value for both the amount you get, the experience, and exactly what you get to eat. Fugu meals alone in japan would set you back a few hundred easy.[/quote]

Plenty of lukewarm reviews for Masa on Chowhound.

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
          • Sep 2006

iiiiiinteresting! May have to make my way there for a little read. Maybe I'm just stuck on egullet hehehe

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• mamaboy
            • Mar 2008

when i eat outside,in good places iget fat soooooo fast
            but what started out as business has quickley turned to pleasure

Comment

• RADO
              • Nov 2007

Of course Idid like your list Xadam and looked alreadyfor address and phones and put them in my list.

Faust,when living in NY Iwent a couple of time to "N", the Spanish tapas bar...no comments but you should come to Spain to get the real thing and notice the different[66]. I will take you out if you ever come.

Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

• DHC
                • Jul 2007

[quote user="mamaboy"]when i eat outside,in good places iget fat soooooo fast[/quote]

I injured my neck, back and shoulders a couple of weeks ago and have been eating out every night since, as I am unable to cook. On top of which, the injuries have left me unable to hit the gym. I've been ballooning up at an unbelievable rate. My body hates me right now.[86] Its all the butter they use in restaurants. I can't fit my clothes right now. Funny how that is of greater concern to me at the moment than my own health. hahaha.

Originally posted by Faust
                fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

[quote user="RADO"]

Of course Idid like your list Xadam and looked alreadyfor address and phones and put them in my list.

Faust,when living in NY Iwent a couple of time to "N", the Spanish tapas bar...no comments but you should come to Spain to get the real thing and notice the different[66]. I will take you out if you ever come.

Thanks a lot guys.

[/quote]

seriously, blue hill -- maybe the best restaurant in the city.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

[quote user="RADO"]

Thanks a lot guys.

[/quote]

In fact I have been in Spain, but I probably went to shitty tapas bars there too [72]

Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• ddohnggo
                      • Oct 2006

Re: NYC MAY - albert edition

so i guess albert (next week) will be in nyc in may. shall there be a meeting of the sz minds? when, where, and who will wear the most expensive outfit?

rules:

1. try and wear black
                      2. if you have raf simons backpacks, lego sandals, storm trooper buutz, or all of the above, wear them
                      3. if you're still xedgex, let us know (like it matters!)
                      4. bring one interesting tid bit about a designer i.e. ccp wears leather condoms
                      5. bring a baskeball

Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Re: NYC MAY - albert and diego edition

[quote user="ddohnggo"]

so i guess albert (next week) and diego (towards the end of the month) will be in nyc in may. shall there be a meeting of the sz minds? when, where, and who will wear the most expensive outfit?

rules:

1. try and wear black
                        2. if you have raf simons backpacks, lego sandals, storm trooper buutz, or all of the above, wear them
                        3. if you're still xedgex, let us know (like it matters!)
                        4. bring one interesting tid bit about a designer i.e. ccp wears leather condoms
                        5. bring a baskeball

[/quote]

you guys should let me know beforehand,

everytime someone is coming to NY, I am usually leaving to go elsewhere, i should be in though, for both Albert and Diego, so let me know is Advance................

“You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
                        .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• ddohnggo
                          • Oct 2006

i guess either albert or diego will organize something? i don't have the time to organize any of this.

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

dates would help...
                            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• ddohnggo
                              • Oct 2006

i think albert is coming sometime next week. diego around the 24th.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

alright allllriiiiggghttttt!!

Liberation! Exam done. Scores to be posted at 7 pm.

I'll be in town next week from the 14th to the 16th and can meet up with people pretty much on either day. The 15th is the NYU graduation so if we do meet in the evening it'll be late(r) but whoever is free, we gots ta drink!!!

I know it's an odd mid-week time and most people have work the next day so it doesn't have to be too crazy but we should definitely all get together if only for a couple of hours. We can hash out the Raf backpack vs. Reeq trainers debate once and for all :)

Everyone available? I hope so :)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎