X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ACID
    • Oct 2013

Hey guys

I am ACID from Germany and totally new to that clothing style. I would consider my current style (idk if you could consider that style) childish, so I want to change everything to a more avant garde inspired style.
    I think my problem is that I dont buy enough clothes...
    I know, that sounds pretty strange

For me as a student its not really possible to go and buy everything from Rick Owens (although I would really like to), so I would buy some clothes from fabrixquare or Army Of Me.
    And some Novacas, which are imho one of the most stylish vegan shoes.

Thank you guys very much

Comment

• boodude
      • Oct 2012

Hey guys,
      just saw this tread. I have been a member here for a year mainly because of a footwear and leather items obsession.
      I am fascinated with the creative/art side of fashion and of course the non-conformity of the designers discussed here. Fave ones are Carol (CCP), Simone ( a1923) , Boris Saberi etc.
      Cheers!
      Last edited by boodude; 11-11-2013, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
        • Apr 2013

Holy ghost, i've been looking for this thread, for about 8 months or so.

Hello SZ community,

TriggerDiscipline from Tokyo, Japan. Been lurking for a couple of years and when I started making purchases I made an account but out of respect decided to lurk before making any commentary or doing anything until I felt comfortable enough where I feel like I know what I'm doing, I feel like I have a wardobe that you all would enjoy to see, maybe eventually i'll get around to posting some outfit pictures, so let's take care of each other from now on~

I also want to try and contribute to the archival project because I feel like more could be contributed/done with that.

If you come to Tokyo tell me so we can go to the stores.

よろしくお願い致します
        Originally posted by unwashed
        Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
        Originally posted by Ahimsa
        I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• ryanhast
          • Sep 2013

Hello,

My name is Ryan and I live in Seattle.

For work I am an Art Director.
          For play I like anything physical and outside.

2 months ago I walked into a local shop {Totokaelo} and asked the manager to pick an outfit for me, whatever he wanted. He had me try on some Rick Owens stuff. I was so inspired I got hooked that very moment.

I like innovation in fashion. I like that you don't have to choose one thing and stick with it, I love the speed and frequency.

I like a blend of Sruli Recht, Rick Owens and Alexandre Plokhov. Always pegged or cuffed, no socks, light colored shoes to break up the black and nothing ever on my face, head or hands.

Thanks!

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by TriggerDiscipline View Post
            Holy ghost, i've been looking for this thread, for about 8 months or so.

Hello SZ community,

TriggerDiscipline from Tokyo, Japan. Been lurking for a couple of years and when I started making purchases I made an account but out of respect decided to lurk before making any commentary or doing anything until I felt comfortable enough where I feel like I know what I'm doing, I feel like I have a wardobe that you all would enjoy to see, maybe eventually i'll get around to posting some outfit pictures, so let's take care of each other from now on~

I also want to try and contribute to the archival project because I feel like more could be contributed/done with that.

If you come to Tokyo tell me so we can go to the stores.

よろしくお願い致します
            Welcome. Noobs, listen to this man.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Mrama
              • Feb 2013

Haven't formally introduced myself yet, so now should be better than even later.
              My name is Chidera Iromuanya

I am a fashion design student studying at SAIC going into my second semester of my sophomore year. I've been lurking SZ for a couple of years now and my experience with the forum has acted as a predominant motivation for getting into fashion in the first place.

Being in Chicago is an interesting situation to be in, Fashion wise there is not much at store except for typical luxury stores and the ever so interesting inclusion of Gallery Aesthete, which I have the opportunity of being nearby and visiting often.

I plan to become more involved with posting on the forum and continuing to gain knowledge and insight from the delightful array of contributors on this site.
              "All our final decisions are made in a state of mind that is not going to last." - Marcel Proust

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Welcome.
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

OMG, an adult! Welcome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• TriggerDiscipline
                    • Apr 2013

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    OMG, an adult! Welcome.
                    A dear friend of mine, to boot.
                    Originally posted by unwashed
                    Try to use a phone camera in broad daylight or use a proper camera.
                    Originally posted by Ahimsa
                    I've found it extremely pleasant and enthralling over repeated whiffs so I would highly recommend.

Comment

• Shucks
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by ryanhast View Post
                      Hello,

My name is Ryan and I live in Seattle.

For work I am an Art Director.
                      For play I like anything physical and outside.

2 months ago I walked into a local shop {Totokaelo} and asked the manager to pick an outfit for me, whatever he wanted. He had me try on some Rick Owens stuff. I was so inspired I got hooked that very moment.

I like innovation in fashion. I like that you don't have to choose one thing and stick with it, I love the speed and frequency.

I like a blend of Sruli Recht, Rick Owens and Alexandre Plokhov. Always pegged or cuffed, no socks, light colored shoes to break up the black and nothing ever on my face, head or hands.

Thanks!

interesting blend of philosophies. strict rules and focus vs some kind of completely arbitrary approach. i say amp up the first part. this aint sufu or the fashion spot, u know...

Comment

• ryanhast
                        • Sep 2013

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
                        interesting blend of philosophies. strict rules and focus vs some kind of completely arbitrary approach. i say amp up the first part. this aint sufu or the fashion spot, u know...
                        I agree completely.

I do like curation by people I respect. So if there is someone who is better at something than me I want to step back and have them show me what's up first.

I realize asking someone to dress you isn't very inventive, but you gotta start somewhere. Instead of stumbling through bad decisions I might have made, I can start with a solid foundation by someone who I feel has more knowledge in the area.

Since that first outfit, I have really had a fun time evolving the look I personally want.

I don't know what sufu is, I googled fashionspot. I am guessing you mean dress for more than just the visual aspects? Also agreed.

I am slowly digging my way through this forums history, there are certainly a wide range of characters here. I like it.

Comment

• Null12
                          • Oct 2013

Hello everyone... I am Henry, a 27 yr. old everyday insomniac currently residing in Austin, T.X.

A few bits here...

I happened to stumble upon SZ a while back and had been lurking the
                          forums as a guest for some time. (I think I bumped into a senior SZ member on ebay and purchased a Julius item from him/her). I am usually not into online forums since their contents and characters usually make me cringe. However, SZ seems to have not had that effect on me - things here seem relevant to my interests...

I've always been fascinated with clothing - both the craft and look... I would say since young age my style has been a little darker/grim/strange/quirky,etc... Although minor changes occur as my moods change and I grow as a person, certain things in my wardrobe stay the same...

I am not really into trends, I am a bastard and picky about the garments I select to wear. I am not a seasonal person. I wear what I want according to I feel (sounds cliché but whatever lol). And I do believe less is more...

I like my clothing organized and all things to have order...

Null12

Comment

• Faust
                            kitsch killer
                            • Sep 2006

Welcome, everyone. Evilagnimon, I used to write for Haaretz.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Senekis
                              • Apr 2013

Hi, I haven’t posted here before but I have been buying stuff from the classifieds for a while now so I guess I should introduce myself. I’m 28 and from Australia, I live in a small town in south east Queensland. The closest major city would be Brisbane or the Gold Coast.

I recently picked up a set of Ann D triple lace boots which I love. I can’t stop looking at them, they are amazing. Also I scored some Rick Owens textured leather pants that suprisingly fit me pretty well. I have trouble finding stuff in my size, I’m pretty thin, so I mostly end up buying womens clothing even though I’m a guy. I like a lot of the stuff from Song for the Mute, especially their shirts. Obscur, I have a few of their leather jackets even though it’s too hot to wear them 90% of the time here, but I love them none the less. Julius, I have too much Julius stuff. It’s a shame their denim pants tend to look too big on me, they need to make a size below sz 1.

I don’t really know anyone else that dresses like me or that likes the clothes that I like. And I guess I found this site while searching for clothes that I know looks great but no one seems to sell around here. I don’t know, I just think it’s cool that there are other people that share my fashion sense. I’m glad I found this place.

Michael

Comment

• Esialb
                                • Nov 2013

Hello,

I'm Esialb, i'm french from Paris but currently living in New York since 2 month. I'm a student.

Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎