X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • eleves
    • Sep 2012

Greetings one and all,

I am David and I have been sulking through these boards for some time until I decided to make an account. At first it was just for classifieds and now it's for everything. I haven't posted much at all in the past but I am looking to remedy that and become more active. I am a recent graduate with a philosophy major. I used to be a pre-med student aiming for psychiatry but alas, ended up hating it and the monotony of my life. I turned everything around and now I am working towards buying/merchandising. I am currently at a pretty well established small company that used to encompass the way that I perceived fashion and design. However; you can trust that I am the only person who shows up to work dressed the way I do (in anything that's non-heritage/Americana). It took me awhile to gain interest in the designers and fashion that we on StyleZeitgeist know and love and for me, the interest was born out of boredom. I grew disinterested in the repetition of heritage clothing (after thinking I would dress like that for the rest of my life, I even wore a tie to class every day! *shudder*). I found new life and creativity, or at least something different than what I was used to in the "avant-garde" and I haven't turned back. It started with Number (N)ine due to a previous affinity for any Japanese related fashion and started to embody Rick Owens and Boris Bidjan Saberi until growing into a love for anything different. I am living in New York City, always on the hunt for places that I haven't been to before or finding things that I haven't done before: restaurants, bars, shops, galleries, you name it! StyleZeitgeist is probably the best forum that I have ever been a part of and was introduced to me by someone that I met while shopping at Odin on a dark and stormy day, and here I am.
    Last edited by eleves; 12-31-2013, 11:06 AM. Reason: repeated word
    Originally posted by Faust
    HOBBY?! HOBBY?!?!?!?!?! You are on SZ, buddy - it ain't no hobby, it's passion, religion, and unbounded cosmic love rolled into one.

Comment

• BrokenBoards
      • Jan 2014

Hello all,

Afraid I don't have much to add that you haven't all heard before. Discovered the forum via the launch of Volume 3 (the Jamie Bochert cover lured me in), started actively lurking around the launch of Volume 4, and hopefully start to more actively post around the launch of Volume 5! Born and raised in the mid-west and currently live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan. Finished college with a BFA in Fashion Marketing, but still haven't been able to settle down and take a "proper" desk job.
      "I would use lard if it came in a pretty bottle."

Comment

• k_r_l
        • Jan 2014

Hi all, I have been checking SG regularly for some time, being impressed with all the knowledge I took the next step and registered. I'm pretty excited to start interacting!

I'm from Antwerp BE, and longtime fashion fan. I'm currently in a CDG Junya / Thom Browne fase, but don't know long this will last...

Comment

• Faust
          kitsch killer
          • Sep 2006

Welcome. Love Antwerp. My second home almost...
          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by BrokenBoards View Post
            Hello all,

Afraid I don't have much to add that you haven't all heard before. Discovered the forum via the launch of Volume 3 (the Jamie Bochert cover lured me in), started actively lurking around the launch of Volume 4, and hopefully start to more actively post around the launch of Volume 5! Born and raised in the mid-west and currently live in Brooklyn and work in Manhattan. Finished college with a BFA in Fashion Marketing, but still haven't been able to settle down and take a "proper" desk job.
            Good to know it works!
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• sign of bonding
              • Jan 2014

Greetings! :)

Nice to meet you all.

I should have made my first post officially greeting everyone here but I was kind of sidetracked (as always)...

I'm in my 20s, Asian. I found myself rather difficult to connect to mainstream fashion until I knew Yohji Yamamoto, Rick Owens, Ann Demeulemeester and so on of course at a later stage. Simply fascinated by the languages they use in their designs. You know, something core and eternal, full of structures, powerful yet subtle.

Wandering around SZ for 2+ years and I've been deeply impressed by this community. Sometimes when you've long been working for a company, fashion is only a mere commodity, to satisfy the mainstream, or to entertain fashionistas from time to time...

Quality and depth, something you are always pursuing as a designer. And SZ is such a great place that you can talk about something like this, get reminded and get inspired.
              "All those provocative discussions helped crystallize my thinking." A Dangerous Method

Comment

• DudleyGray
                • Jul 2013

Hi everyone, I've been lurking for a while and been posting a little bit here and there more recently. My introductory post in the style philosophy thread kind of spiraled into a clusterfuck, sorry about that haha. I'm in my 30s, Asian, and live on the East Coast. I've discovered over the years that I have a preference for Yohji's outerwear for dressier occasions; Ann for knits and boots; Rick for sneakers, shorts, and a variety of other things; 19cm for jeans; and the rest depend on the individual piece. Not very adventurous but neither is my local context. Otherwise, nice place you all have got here.
                bandcamp | facebook | youtube

Comment

• LotsaColours
                  • Jan 2014

This should've been my first

Hi, I've been lurking around here once in a while for a few months, and finally decided to make an account. The amount of knowledge you guys have for some designers is incredible, and I just had to join, Albert's Collateral Concepts, also being a big reason for registering.
                  I'm more into things like Margiela, and Lanvin. Black, white, grey, and navy blue everyday, clothes with a subtle twist to it. There are a few pieces from the likes of Yohji, Guidi etc that I may buy in the future, but
                  I can't see my self ever wearing head to toe in the goth ninja aesthetic , or just black on black for that matter, I do however think it looks incredible, and look forward to seeing fit pics.

Comment

• Faust
                    kitsch killer
                    • Sep 2006

Well, some diversity doesn't hurt. Welcome.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Sudden(!)Void
                      • Sep 2013

Hi everyone,
                      it's a pleasure to introduce myself, after so long time that i'm lurking around.

Let me speak briefly about why and how i'm here,
                      I live in Milano and after graduated in communication design in 2010
                      i started work in a quite big company as graphic designer.

A driver from the company, who often was passing his free working time in the marketing and ads offices, seeing me dressed mainly in black, one day told me

me
                      him

He was E.C.,
                      this man:

(page 2 and 3)

He showed me a lot of photos, and after that i started searching by my own, i found darklands & stylezeitgeist (in 2010 these two sites were the very first stuff foundable, and i think that with the new SEO rules a lot of crap is being actually pushed to the frontpage) so i started to look at lots of garments photos from other designers of the same field, learning, and making an idea of my personal fashion preferences.
                      In that period i was showing so much of this "darknewstuff" to my girlfriend, who was studying fashion design in Milano, she istantly fell in love with this world unknown, so for a school work she decided to write a short research about CCP and body modification.
                      The same week with the folder in her hands, printed, she was speaking with the director of the school's pattern and sewing laboratory, the woman saw the folder in the hands of my girlfriend and asked.

Gf
                      her

She was I.C.
                      she had a lot of nasty stories to tell about the blood dyed collection, and of course a lot to teach.

After 4 years i have to admit that the work of such designers like BBS, CCP, Julius, Guidi, A1923, DamirDoma (when i was blacker ), has influenced me deeply, and i reacted to those aesthetics issues searching "the same languages" in different fields.

I'm now 26 and i'm a graphic designer a passionate listener of experimental music, an hungry gourmand of cinema and experimental cinema a courious of contemporary art and still a fashion addict!

Thank you for having me on SZ
                      I hope to post a lot from now on

Comment

• Baddarn
                        • Oct 2013

Hi everyone! I'm Baddarn(the name I go as on most fashion forums)!

Created this account to access your awesome market but fast realized this community is so much more than that!

Life story
                        Just turned 20, already have receding hair line, studying first year architecture in Stockholm, got into fashion about a year ago, spend most time out of school browsing about fashion/design/architecture/art, enjoy almost all music and I'm terribly boring

I'll probably lurk a lot in the beginning, but thought it didn't hurt to introduce myself.

Comment

• absintheparty
                          • May 2013

Yo. Born in Canada.
                          Now a filmmaker from British Columbia Canada, floating in and between the Vancouver and interior regions.

I enjoy grassroot motorsport, western style boxing, and dressing like a Tibetan nomad, I think I'll fit right in. I don't even remember how I ended up here. The community seems great.

Comment

• deltapie
                            • Feb 2014

20 years of age, from CA. Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering. No hobbies, but I enjoy eating and food snobbery. Life for me is eat, sleep, school, gym, work repeat. With computer time in between with which I lurk SZ & SF, maybe read an interesting article or two. I learned about this site from Style forum actually, ever since then my sense of style has shifted over time from more conservative to well.. more SZ approved. Apparently that's an adjective here.
                            "Keep Mr. Saberi healthy — he knows too much

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

Originally posted by deltapie View Post
                              20 years of age, from CA. Pursuing a degree in mechanical engineering. No hobbies, but I enjoy eating and food snobbery. Life for me is eat, sleep, school, gym, work repeat. With computer time in between with which I lurk SZ & SF, maybe read an interesting article or two. I learned about this site from Style forum actually, ever since then my sense of style has shifted over time from more conservative to well.. more SZ approved. Apparently that's an adjective here.
                              One we are actively trying to get rid of.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Shucks
                                • Aug 2010

so that term would then be officially sz-disapproved?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎