• Show
Clear All
  • laughed
    • Jul 2009

ugh.
    i'll obviously be rooting for the spurs but man,
    okc vs la?
    ughhhh.

i absolutely detest the lakers - would love to sucker punch kobe, would like to charge ron artest with assault and make him rot in jail and take out bynums knees...

but i also hate the bandwagon that is okc and it's obnoxious wannabe fans. i also hate teams that flop and okc is up there with miami.

i just don't have it in me, i can't pick a team. i thought i would be leaning towards the lakers but after watching the game tonight, i'm reminded at how sick i feel after lakers wins.
    oh, there's justin timberlake giving props to kobe on the sideline...
    guess i'll have to wait until game 1 to see what my gut tells me.

ughhhhh. go spurs.

Comment

• zamb
      • Nov 2006

Lakers vs OKC is wide open

Lakers have trouble against speedy guards who can break down the defense and get into the paint, this renders Bynum and Gasol irrelevant most of the time defensively

so if Harden and Westbrook are exceptional OKC wins, especially Ibaka and Kendrick Perkins are good post defenders

If Kobe shares the ball and Bynum and Gasol play to their strengths in rebounding and scoring inside lakers win

Lets see if Metta World War can slow Durant.
      I think it better serves Durant in this series to play closer to the basket and forget about the three point line, as thus will be advantageous to OKC

For the Spurs and Clippers.........I see the Spurs either sweeping again or winning in five games. Chris Paul and Blake griffin are both injured and coming off a long draining series........
      Clippers might have a chance if they play Reggie Evans and Kenyon Martin big minutes to try and even the rebounding numbers.......

Good luck to Chris Paul (still the best point Guard in the west) keeping up with Parker and Ginobili (when he is running the point) with Paul's grok injury........
      “You know,” he says, with a resilient smile, “it is a hard world for poets.”
      .................................................. .......................

Zam Barrett Spring 2017 Now in stock

Comment

• zamb
        • Nov 2006

unfortunately I cannot get to watch the game,

but the thunder leads by 33 points going into the third fourth quarter???

the lakeshow looks to be in real trouble

Comment

• laughed
          • Jul 2009

Spurs Clips
          Spurs sweep or it goes 5. I'm so tired of watching this pathetic excuse for a franchise. Spurs will dispose of them with ease.

Pacers Heat
          Shaq and Sir Charles both said on the postgame tonight that the injury Bosh has will probably keep him out for the rest of the playoffs. (they both had the same injury)
          The officiating was terrible in this game.
          I honestly don't know how anyone can root for the Heat. They are such a hard team to watch play. I grew up watching people like Charles Oakley battling MJ, so this Heat brand of basketball, in my eyes is something the world has never seen before. And by that I mean, downright pathetic. Every single player flops excessively, complains about calls left and right and every player's game is centered around the officiating. Meaning, they purposely play to try and draw fouls on both ends of the ball - every...single...second. This isn't basketball and it's sickening to watch. I'm glad there are still teams that actually go out there and play basketball. This series will be over soon if the officiating doesn't get better. I don't know how someone like LeBron goes out there and represents the NBA and the game of basketball, someone with such a great ability and disrespects himself and the game by making a part of his game flopping and acting silly. It's ridiculous. I used to like the guy, but this is Heat basketball and I can't wait until someone hands them their lunch....again.

Celtics Sixers
          Sixers were hosed in game 1 by bad officiating and Celtics blew it in Game 2. Who knows with this one. I'm surprised with what Philly is doing. But who cares really? Whatever team gets to the next round will have to deal with biased officiating.

Lakers OKC
          Wow. Lakers got annihilated. Boy was this game funny. Let's face it, Kobe isn't what he used to be and Gasol and Bynum have to get it going for these scrubs to have a chance. Lakers lost their cool and composure multiple times. When will Artest learn? Ebanks taking his jersey off when he got tossed was a familiar Laker sight (bynum against mavs in game 4 last year).....

every year there is a series where one team that is expected to go far gets blown out of the building - the entire series.
          i'm still waiting on this one.

Comment

• zamb
            • Nov 2006

As I have said before and say again
            the Lakers biggest strength is their biggest weakness. An inspired Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum cannot be contained offensively, Bynum can be a monster if he is focusing on rebounding, which he needs to do, but the problem is that neither he nor Pau are good pick and roll defenders, nor do they do well dealing with quick guards who get into the paint for high percentage baskets or kick outs to long range shooters.......The thunder have two of the best of those in harden and Westbrook.
            the rotation played by OKC is very similar to the one played by the Spurs. Westbrook and Parker may be the starting point guards but the sixth men in Harden and Ginobili are gifted playmakers who can allow the PG to play off the ball and there is no way of slowing the offense because there can be two or even three playmakers on the floor all at once.

The truth is for the Lakers to have any chance in this series they have to win game 2. I don't see this happening because Mike Brown is a defensive minded coach trying to slow a team that no defensive scheme that can be created with Laker personnel is gonna be able to do that.
            Now the Lakers need Fisher, a master of drawing charges, but they ceaselessly dumped him and guess what?,
            He is in OKC locker room giving every Laker secret to Scott Brooks and the thunder.

I am exited to see what happens on the Spurs game tonight,
            Blake griffin is a playoff rookie and he is really injured. Chris Paul is still the best PG in the league but he is unwell too, and I don't see him as being better than parker in this series with Parker being at full strength.
            they will have to Play Kenyon Martin and Reggie Evans to even the rebounding in hope of keeping the game close.......however if the Spurs are slashing to the basket and making outside shots its gonna be an early night..........Duncan is playing inspired basketball again, and somehow the Spurs seem to have a legit shot at getting to the finals now, and even winning it all if Bosh injury is as serious as it is rumored to be......an injury that may cause him to miss the rest of the playoffs.

Boston dropped one to Philly last night, now Philly has home court advantage and confidence. Now if the Knicks were a smart team they would have done what i thought they would have been smart enough to do at the end of the regular season, Tank the last two games, get the eight seed and try to beat the Bulls and Celtics, which i think they could have done, and leave facing the Heat until the conference finals. I still think Boston will win this series, its about youth v/s experience, and I think the celtics as a unit are too good and too experienced to lose this one.

Miami is in big trouble, I don't think they will lose the series, but its very possible with the loss of Bosh that their championship hopes are shot if he is really out for the rest of the playoffs. Indiana's biggest strength is the front court, David west and Roy Hibbert are above average players who do enough to compete, and Miami just lost its most consistent player in the front court. Lebron James will have to play a lot of PF in this series, they may get by the pacers doing this but good luck playing Garnett and maybe Duncan in the finals without having Bosh on the Court
            Somehow they will have to play Ronnie Turiaf a lot of minutes in this series. I still say the Heat in six games and game two is really important as Miami cannot allow Indiana to tie the series going back to Indiana

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
              • Apr 2011

I guess the OKC "hype" is just the opposite.. Look for them to be the team to beat for the next 5-6 yrs.. Just toyed with the lakers.. Even Kobe looked old

Comment

• fncyths
                • Apr 2010

Originally posted by Urbaninstitution View Post
                I guess the OKC "hype" is just the opposite.. Look for them to be the team to beat for the next 5-6 yrs.. Just toyed with the lakers.. Even Kobe looked old
                Totally agree. Though since I'm from Denver I'm still a little sore at the loss of the Nuggets. Was hoping that they could step it up. Young team still, we'll see who we get next year.

Glad to see the Lakers get spanked. Still bitter towards Artest...
                Originally posted by Shucks
                it's like cocaine, only heavier. and legal.
                Originally posted by interest1
                I don't live in the past. But I do have a vacation home there.

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                  • Apr 2011

It's crazy just how young their "big three" are.. I'm also a huge Bynum hater, guy is a joke.. Could be the best big man if he wasn't still so immature on/off the court

Comment

• zamb
                    • Nov 2006

the heat about to give one away against a hard fighting indiana

Edit: series tied 1:1

things just got interesting..........

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                      • Apr 2011

Clippers hanging in... And we'll see Chris bosh's true value if this series goes deep..

Comment

• zamb
                        • Nov 2006

Bosh's true value is he is the most underrated player of the big three but the most consistent. a steady hand amidst the high and lows of Wade and Lebron,
                        He is a decent defender and above average rebounder and a really good low post scorer with a good midrange game, so the heat will miss his double digit points and close to double digit rebounding on a nightly basis.

I still believe the heat can win this series, but they have just gotten thinner up front.

Mike Miller and Shane battier has got to do better than they are right now.....

Clippers will lose by at least double digits tonight........

Clippers hanging in... And we'll see Chris bosh's true value if this series goes deep..

Comment

• laughed
                          • Jul 2009

okc hasn't accomplished anything yet, so they're not the team to beat for the next 5-6 years. i remember hearing this same story last year...west is too deep for any team to be dominate for years straight.
                          beating an old lakers team with major issues, a prehistoric, ball- hogging kobe, no point guard, a terrible coach, a head case in artest, and two big men who sometimes play like shawn bradley - isn't impressive.
                          if they get past the spurs, fine, but until then, they're still ringless.

looking forward to game 2 to see if lakers will give them a game. i personally think the lakers will get the win. okc was dominate yes, but they were also rested like crazy and lakers just went through a 7 game series. kobe has to be more of a distributor or they'll get their a**es handed to them again. Bynum could go for 40 if they feed him the ball. And yes, his maturity is ridiculous. I know he's like 16 years old but the kid needs to grow up.

Originally posted by zamb View Post
                          Clippers will lose by at least double digits tonight........
                          ahhh...clippers demoralized. they played the hardest they could play but spurs just too much. chris paul was atrocious.
                          the clippers tried to hang in there...When pop called the timeout midway through the 3rd when they were up by 10 or so, i knew then, they were about to take over. such a beauty to watch. best passing team in the league by far, and their speed is only rivaled by okc. tim duncan looks like he did in his wake forest days, young as ever.
                          i think spurs will go ahead and try to sweep to stay rested for okc.

glad indiana got the win. don't know how lebron is mvp when he can't hit free throws in the 4th and he's CLEARLY afraid to take anything close to the last shot to help his team win.
                          terrible officiating as usual. dwade IS the leader on that team, and the best player. lebron is a man child and all that but it's the eye test - every time i watch the heat play, wade is clearly the guy running the show. granger is flat-out pathetic this series. hopefully he'll step it up when they get to indy. this thing could go 7 and depending on the officiating, the heat could easily be upset. should be 2-0, indy if not for the dreadful refs.

nba guards - the good ol' days

nba guards - the end of days

smh
                          Last edited by laughed; 05-16-2012, 04:06 AM. Reason: walt and rus

Comment

• mass
                            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by laughed View Post
                            nba guards - the good ol' days

nba guards - the end of days

smh
                            this applies to every sport though, just compare dock ellis to anyone. and i can't believe players in the mlb are running around in pajama pants... but i guess that's only slightly more offensive than some managers not even wearing a jersey.

but yo on topic (of basketball) while i think almost everyone looks real dumb in super baggy shorts and top these days i thought the original fab 5 (unlv) looked great in them.

Comment

• laughed
                              • Jul 2009

the original fab 5 were my fav team back in the day... i hated duke. loved the jerseys and the black socks.
                              i just don't understand this geek look. everyone is doing it. it looks ridiculous!

Comment

• Urbaninstitution
                                • Apr 2011

I don't usually do this but... I was wrong haha... the Spurs are legit, there is said it. after the complete domination of the Clips it is clear.. should be a great series SAS v OKC

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎