Clear All
  • ddohnggo
    • Oct 2006

l'espalier is delcious.
    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
      • Jan 2008

L'Ecole looks good but my companion is dietarily challenged, and so a restaurant without a vegetarian option is out. Stupid handicapped eaters.
      Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Pinoy
        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
        L'Ecole looks good but my companion is dietarily challenged, and so a restaurant without a vegetarian option is out. Stupid handicapped eaters.
        IIRC, Gramercy Tavern has a vegetarian tasting menu.

If your friend is into Indian food, tons of vegetarian options there too. I hear Devi is pretty good though I've never been. :)

Comment

• reborn
          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
          Damn! Now that's a good experience :)

Reborn, you hit lespalier in Boston yet?

Lespalier always seemed too fussy. I much prefer Clio: coffee short ribs, suckling pig and chocolate geods, oh my!!!

footnote: Lespalier just relocated to the Mandarin Oriental...I am not sure what they will do with the old location.

Comment

• Faust
            kitsch killer
            • Sep 2006

Originally posted by reborn View Post
            From my experience (about a 12 meals), I think one visit was less than stellar. However, the last time I was there for dinner, my table received an additional palatte cleansing asian pear and champagne sorbet as well as take-home baked goods from the pastry program at no additional cost.

PS: The marizpan filled croissants made a yummy breakfast the following morning.
            Yep, one time we went, we loved the baguette so much (baked on premises), that our waiter smuggled one for us from the kitchen to take home.
            Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
              but sometimes being limited can make a menu more creative. i stay away from nuts because I break out...some chefs embrace it, some hate it. i usually prefer the vegetarian option. i have had some absolutely amazing dishes by choosing vegetarian. but i do eat meat though.
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                • Sep 2006

Lespalier always seemed too fussy. I much prefer Clio: coffee short ribs, suckling pig and chocolate geods, oh my!!!

footnote: Lespalier just relocated to the Mandarin Oriental...I am not sure what they will do with the old location.
                They moved? Damn, their location was so nice... quite centralized but still on a quiet sidestreet and the interior was nuts.

I ate there just once for a special occasion years ago with my then-girlfriend. The food was stellar and the service was dead-on. The doorman had everyone's name memorized and greeted you and said goodnight when you left by name.

Clio and the accompanying Uni are two places I also deeply regret never eating at considering I lived 1 block away literally. WTF is wrong with me.

Over winter break I may have to make reservations at L (especially since Louis Boston is closing down) and Uni.

faust, sounds like you got some awesome service at L'Ecole as well :) great to hear!
                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• reborn
                  • Aug 2008

Sorry to say, but L reopened as "Boston Public" the louis boston take on a steak house. Then it closed...and since Louis will be closing in 2010, I think they are not reopening the place?

However, Ken Oringer has a steakhouse, KO prime. I don't recommend it...way overpriced.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                    • Sep 2006

Sorry to say, but L reopened as "Boston Public" the louis boston take on a steak house. Then it closed...and since Louis will be closing in 2010, I think they are not reopening the place?

However, Ken Oringer has a steakhouse, KO prime. I don't recommend it...way overpriced.
                    NOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ah Oringer... too much too fast I'm afraid. He should stick with what he's got on lockdown. You eat at Oishii yet? Pure decadence.

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Chinorlz
                      • Sep 2006

I'm going to be in Vegas for Thanksgiving... does anyone have any recommendations for good eats? Doesn't have to be Robuchon level, I'm open to buffets and everything in between.

Thanks guys!

Comment

• maldoror
                        • Jun 2007

speaking of robuchon, I just got word that he's going to be in the kitchen @ l'atelier de joel robuchon in nyc from november 10-15. I made a reservation for a birthday dinner at the counter on the 15th.

psyched.

Comment

• Real Real
                          • Feb 2007

I randomly daydream about the foie-gras-and-eel terrine I had there about 8 or 9 months ago.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                            • Sep 2006

My girlfriend got me the French Laundry cookbook... now I can drool over it hahahaha

Comment

• Diego
                              • Aug 2007

Excellent book^ I finally received my Alinea yesterday, worth the wait!! I'm already saving for fat duck's which comes out november 11th.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

isn't the Alinea book sick?!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎