X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Fenix
    • Aug 2010

Raw, that Kobe looks amazing!

Mofiya, what are you using for Sous vide? I have been thinking of grabbing a sous vide supreme but don't know anyone that has one.
    Originally posted by hausofblaq
    Grow up.

Comment

• Ahimsa
      Vegan Police
      • Sep 2011

My Saturday:
      StyleZeitgeist Magazine | Store

Comment

• Ahimsa
        Vegan Police
        • Sep 2011

^I think you may have discovered a new way to entice me to play chess =P
        The list of said chocolates is here by the way.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

The faceted candies on both ends look like something Indiana Jones would slot into a door.
          the six crystals of the elder dragons

Comment

• Ahimsa
            Vegan Police
            • Sep 2011

^Would it be wrong if I told you that that makes me want to make a chocolate dragon?

Originally posted by rilu
            ^ oh myyyyy, this seems amazing! i think you just inspired my x-mas wish :D
            Allow me to indulge you further then:
            Sweet and Sara
            Cocoa V

Comment

• theaddict
              • Apr 2008

wait, all the stuff is vegan? Meaning me as a person with dairy and egg allergy can eat that???
              Enviormental freaks, move away! My scarf will travel around the world and back!

Comment

• theaddict
                • Apr 2008

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Comment

• Halber Mensch
                  • Oct 2011

Oh chocolate, the wonderful world of chocolate. Maybe someday there will be a SZ thread for chocolate. I could surely contribute quite a lot to it right now, as I'm enjoying my daily dose of Zotter goodness from his Advent calendar.

Comment

• theaddict
                    • Apr 2008

Yeah, banned to eat boring dark chocolate...but now...I will buy a whole wedding cake..muahahahahahaaaaa

Comment

• eleven crows
                      • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Raw View Post
                      Now that I'm back in Aus, Japanese food just sucks
                      come up to brisbane and i'll take you to taro's. best noodles i've had. inclusive of those i had in japan.

Comment

• PPK
                        • Oct 2011

Japanese food usually focus on beauty more than the taste.
                        The wind changed directions. But the soul never changes.

Comment

• Chinorlz
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by PPK View Post
                          Japanese food usually focus on beauty more than the taste.
                          eh what?

ok recollected my thoughts...

The Japanese have approached food just like they have with so many other things. Sure you can dress food up, make it ultra complex but you can also pare it down to the most basic. In so many ways, "simple" can be better and even harder than a dish that requires 40 ingredients.

"simple" Japanese food can be complex in nature, take decades of training to perfect and you can taste all of these things in each bite. This is why every time I go to NYC, I bee-line it for Hide Chan ramen and make sure I hit up Soba-Ya. It's not "just" a bowl of ramen or a small rack of cold buckwheat noodles... it's truly something more.

I'm not even going to delve into the entire realm of sushi/sashimi because that subject alone can go on for pages.
                          www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Yan
                            • Mar 2008

Originally posted by theaddict View Post
                            I have to admit after living for 3 months in Hong Kong, foodwise i was kind of happy to leave. My stomach couldnt digest the masses of MSG used in Chinese kitchen. The last month i did not go to one place Chinese place anymore, only Korean, Thai or Western food. Never had so many stomach/digestion problems as in HK...maybe its also bc its a bit too greasy for me...
                            Totally agree on the MSG. I was told that all restaurants in London Chinatown use it which is a shame because it gives me a bad headache

Comment

• Yan
                              • Mar 2008

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                              eh what?

ok recollected my thoughts...

The Japanese have approached food just like they have with so many other things. Sure you can dress food up, make it ultra complex but you can also pare it down to the most basic. In so many ways, "simple" can be better and even harder than a dish that requires 40 ingredients.

"simple" Japanese food can be complex in nature, take decades of training to perfect and you can taste all of these things in each bite. This is why every time I go to NYC, I bee-line it for Hide Chan ramen and make sure I hit up Soba-Ya. It's not "just" a bowl of ramen or a small rack of cold buckwheat noodles... it's truly something more.

I'm not even going to delve into the entire realm of sushi/sashimi because that subject alone can go on for pages.
                              It always amazes me Albert, how much of an artist you are on so many different levels. Words, fabrics, cars.....I think your patients will be very lucky.

Comment

• theaddict
                                • Apr 2008

You forgot the Shabu Shabu A! I went to Momokawa three days in a row...they started laughing the last time when i entered the door...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎