Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • MoFiya
    • Sep 2007

Could someone enlighten me? Wtf is this? Shrooms?
    I have dreams of orca whales and owls
    But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Kirky
      Banned
      • Dec 2010

Originally posted by Shucks View Post
      lol kirky. dig the h&m gloves btw. fuck poells.

you have great eyesight
      Last edited by Kirky; 01-08-2012, 04:30 PM.

Comment

• munch
        • Aug 2008

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
        if they're grown in a sterile environment, they taste a bit like pistachio and I can stand to eat them outta the bag like chips.
        if they're grown in a natural environment they taste like death. I put those in a peanut butter sandwich and eat it as quickly as possible.

i'm speaking hypothetically here.
        hahaha yes, hypothetically of course! but it's sort of different being able to stand them and actually liking the taste no.. this thread is sort of about good food and such no?

MoFiya: yes, psilocybin mushrooms.

Comment

• michael_kard
          • Oct 2010

lolwtf

Why would you post this? Other than e-bragging of course.
          ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
          Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• munch
            • Aug 2008

Originally posted by michael_kard View Post
            lolwtf

Why would you post this? Other than e-bragging of course.
            what is there to brag about?

Comment

• MoFiya
              • Sep 2007

In order to get back to topic. Here's what I had today.

Pasta with lobster. The fond made out of the carcass could have been more intense, however the lobster itself was super delicate.

First try making macarons. Not bad, yet to be improved. Will add some colouring to make it look more kitsch :>
              The natural coloured are filled with an awesome ganache made out of white chocolate, vanilla and citrus. The dark ones are filled with a valrhona ganache (68%).
              But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• Shucks
                • Aug 2010

can recommend using SWIM if the earlier discussion will continue.

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by MoFiya View Post
                  First try making macarons.
                  Brilliant first try.

Did you start with eggs that had been at room temperature for at least 24 hours? I find that helps me get a more consistent shape. I don't know why!
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Vanna
                    • May 2008

Blossom is amazing. I haven't been there for a few months, but every time I go I leave feeling really satisfied. Might take my boyfriend there for his birthday in a few weeks.
                    Life is a hiiighway

Comment

• nictan
                      • Jul 2009

would love to try one of the Michelin restaurants during my time in paris on my birthday. 2 or 3 star depending on budget and availability.

dining alone. budget of maybe 150-200euros. and do these usually come with set menus? any recommendations? you probably can't go wrong with 2-3 starred but yea would want real authentic french cuisine.

Comment

• munch
                        • Aug 2008

yeah set menus for sure, depending on what's good etc during the season. if you don't mind eating without accompanying wine menu then 200eur should be good. I'd probably settle for 2 stars and eat at L'Atelier de Joël Robuchon. but that's because I don't really like the super posh style of the french 3 star ones...

Comment

• nictan
                          • Jul 2009

thanks! yup was thinking too that set menus would probably be 'cheaper', more value for money.

yup without wine. not quite an alcohol-with-food person.

hmm, is there much difference in quality between the 2 & 3 star restaurants?

Comment

• MoFiya
                            • Sep 2007

Uh, Paris is actually really hard. I heard the 3-michelin-star restaurants are often more glamour than quality. Also, as michelin is french-based, they still rate restaurants with 3 stars that still cook like it's the 80s. Also, the atmosphere, service and interior is often very stiff.
                            Not that I have anything to recommend - probably ask some of the Paris based members. What I am trying to say is: going to a 2 or 3 rated restaurant in Paris is not a guarantee for gourmet cuisine as you (or more excatly: I) would expect.

@theetruscan - thanks for the compliment. I didn't do anything special with the eggs at all. However, next time I will bake longer at lower temperature as the dough is too soft and not crispy at all.
                            But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• michael_kard
                              • Oct 2010

The whole discussion about eating animals and especially Rider's link to the movie 'Earthlings' have been on my mind for the past few days. So I decided to to stop buying meat or meat products from the supermarket, and instead try to eat better meat less often, purchased only from the local butcher. Any thoughts on that? Does the stereotype of butcher=better quality meat even stand in countries like England?
                              ENDYMA / Archival fashion & Consignment
                              Helmut Lang 1986-2005 | Ann Demeulemeester | Raf Simons | Burberry Prorsum | and more...

Comment

• Patroklus
                                Banned
                                • Feb 2011

In America it's very difficult to find a butcher at all without living somewhere sufficiently hip.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎