Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • endersgame
    • Aug 2009

something about having toasted cinnamon raisin bread with a shit load of butter on lazy saturday mornings that hits the spot.. + 2 cappucinos to wash it down..

Comment

• Raw
      • Oct 2009

When I was child, I used to cut a croissant in half, spread loads of butter in it, sandwich it back together and microwave in until it became a piece of super moist buttery goodness . Loved it then, sounds horrible to me now though lol

Comment

• several_girls
        • Nov 2010

Apparently I'm late to the party and these cookies took the blogosphere by storm in 2008. Regardless, I made the recipe this week and they are indeed quite delicious.

Note: From some online research, it seems all purpose flour is a combination of cake flour and bread flour. Meaning NYT is practicing some needless pretension in the ingredients list.

Also, should I start a cooking/baking/recipe thread? Is there one already? I'm guessing most of this thread is about consumption and favorite restaurants/vendors.

Comment

• Patroklus
          Banned
          • Feb 2011

that's... pretty much every chocolate chip cookie recipe in existence. when i make chocolate chip cookies i add orange, lemon, and almond extract in addition to vanilla. try it. my cookies are the best.

Comment

• doldrums
            • Dec 2008

or walk a block from atelier and get them from torres himself. they are great.

Originally posted by several_girls View Post
            Apparently I'm late to the party and these cookies took the blogosphere by storm in 2008. Regardless, I made the recipe this week and they are indeed quite delicious.

Note: From some online research, it seems all purpose flour is a combination of cake flour and bread flour. Meaning NYT is practicing some needless pretension in the ingredients list.

Also, should I start a cooking/baking/recipe thread? Is there one already? I'm guessing most of this thread is about consumption and favorite restaurants/vendors.

Comment

• several_girls
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Patroklus View Post
              that's... pretty much every chocolate chip cookie recipe in existence. when i make chocolate chip cookies i add orange, lemon, and almond extract in addition to vanilla. try it. my cookies are the best.
              Thanks for the tip, I will have to try it. Unlike "every chocolate chip cookie recipe in existence", though, these call for "aging" the dough for at least a day before baking. Or is this common knowledge? They also include both baking soda and baking soda, whereas most use either/or.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

I've made these cookies a fair number of times, and I think they're substantially improved by some oats. They need an interruption to the texture.

The "aging" does work quite well, it seems like the most important part of this recipe. Making these with no aging is a waste.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• MoFiya
                  • Sep 2007

Are these soft? I like my cookies crispy (please, no Freudian interpretations).

Anyone with a good cantuccini recipe? I have a soft spot for those with huge chocolate chunks in it but almost every try to make these was a failure. I find it hard to accomplish the proper consistency... even trying the same recipe twice leads to a different result.
                  I have dreams of orca whales and owls
                  But I wake up in fear

BBS for sale (Sz 48-52)

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Not soft, but too large to be really crispy. They are HUGE (6" across, an inch thick or something). If that whole cookie were crispy, it would be quite difficult to eat.
                    Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• morsto
                      • Nov 2008

Noma crowned best restaurant for the third time in a row by Restaurant Magazine - no french restaurant in top 10. Quite interesting opinion as compared to the michelin guide, it's a shame there is seemingly so much politics involved in these lists.
                      I do not recognise the vessel,
                      but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• jippos
                        • Mar 2007

Yeah, the aging makes a huge difference. We've made these a number of times, using up huge batches after a day, two days, or more. Definitely taste better at least two days out, although I definitely get the temptation to bake/eat right away; they won't be bad, but not exceptional. Also, I think there's way too much chocolate in the recipe (for my taste), and I use way less than what's recommended....

Comment

• endersgame
                          • Aug 2009

i bought a sekacz (tree cake) at the polish grocery store today. it's insanely delicious, i'm practically eating it for dinner..

Comment

• lowrey
                            ventiundici
                            • Dec 2006

I've been wanting to try this, we don't have proper chocolate chip cookies here. Any US cookies whether they're from a bakery or 7-Eleven seem to beat what we've got.

I wonder if a good all purpose flour would work fine here. I don't think we have anything called "cake flour".
                            "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• swami
                              • Jul 2008

What is a nice gift to send someone in Milan,Italy from NYC?
                              I was thinking of chocolates but there are not many great choices here , Maison Du Chocolat ? Not a big fan of Vosges & Jack Torres is shit

The cookie chatter got me thinking , any ideas would be appreciated!

Comment

• ddohnggo
                                • Oct 2006

Anyone interested in my tickets to NEXT restaurant (chicago) for November 24th? This is for the Kyoto tasting for 2 people (no wine).
                                Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎