let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Nomad_
      • Jul 2012

my twin brothers a chef so lucky me i rarely have to cook

Comment

• morsto
        • Nov 2008

anyone know of anything nice in new orleans french quarter? going there for a week soon.
        I do not recognise the vessel,
        but the eyes seem so familiar

Comment

• endersgame
          • Aug 2009

NYT food critic Pete Wells reviews Guy Fieri's Guy's American Kitchen and Bar in Times Square.

business probably won't skip a beat...

Comment

• theetruscan
            • Jan 2008

I woke up this morning realizing I was a day too late to start the bouchon quiche Lorraine for brunch.

Adding some confit onions, and using good bacon takes an entirely serviceable but pedestrian quiche recipe like the good housekeeping one up all the way to memorable...

And it's so much easier too.
            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Nomad_
              • Jul 2012

If any you guys stop by hawaii, (oahu island)

go to manabu's and eat their infamous spam musubi
              or their portuguese sausage musubi

long line-up's before opening everyday
              they open at 7am and sell out by 830am everyday

fuckin crack...

Comment

• Philipppp
                • Apr 2010

Here is "the" pizza page that I want to share, it takes up alot of different information...enjoy

Comment

• qazwsx
                  • Feb 2012

The chef at my new workplace just got this cheesecake
                  Just-got-outly fresh

9cad a slice. Is it worth it?
                  "Things you own, end up owning you." --- Tyler Durden [FightClub 1999]

Comment

• Icarium
                    • Oct 2010

Originally posted by lalilulelo View Post
                    if you're ever in Seattle by the UW campus, this is the spot. cash only, open till 3am. family came from Jordan and opened this spot up. Used to go there every night.

Really? I went there a lot when I went to UW and didn't think it was anything but average.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
                      • Jan 2008

Salumi made by the Picco's right here in North London ...

Prosciuttino.

Salame Piccolino.

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
                      Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• kompressorkev
                        • Dec 2006

Anyone have any leads on tracking down Mangalitsa ham, specifically around northern California? I read that a butchery in Berkeley had a Mangalitsa pig a few years ago and PIGG at Umamicatessen in LA recently had it on their menu, but I can't seem to find it anymore. I've been looking to try this for a while and I've been seeing it pop up on menus here and there, but nothing around the Bay Area. Thanks in advance!

On another note, I just read about this online store that imports food from Spain, including Galician seafood. http://www.tienda.com/food/index.html Excited to try this out for a night of tapas! They have barnacles and langoustines, but they're $$$. I'll stick w/ some razor clams, octopus, and then grill some Santa Barabara spot prawns w/ olive oil, and add a little lemon juice and maldon salt. And some good bread, sherry, and albariño for a nice Spring evening. If anyone has any good tapas recipes they'd like to share, that'd be much appreciated!

Comment

• lowrey
                          ventiundici
                          • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Philipppp View Post
                          Here is "the" pizza page that I want to share, it takes up alot of different information...enjoy

http://www.varasanos.com/PizzaRecipe.htm
                          jesus, I just read half way through this and couldn't continue. I'm sure the recipe is good, but this guy is out of his adhd pizza filled mind

speaking of recipes, I read through Ferran Adria's Family Meal, and it was one of the most disappointing cookbooks I've ever read, like a bad joke.
                          "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• theetruscan
                            • Jan 2008

Originally posted by lowrey View Post
                            speaking of recipes, I read through Ferran Adria's Family Meal, and it was one of the most disappointing cookbooks I've ever read, like a bad joke.
                            I've cooked a few things from there. They're fine. But, yeah, not really great. It's sort of an overly ornate weekday cookbook.
                            Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Philipppp
                              • Apr 2010

Lowrey glad you liked it and Becoming-Intense that salame piccolino looks delicious.

Comment

• lowrey
                                ventiundici
                                • Dec 2006

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                I've cooked a few things from there. They're fine. But, yeah, not really great. It's sort of an overly ornate weekday cookbook.
                                yea there seemed to be some decent recipes, but I was appalled by how dumbed down several were. For example, his burger recipe is basically to buy any minced meat and thats it, and there was even a suggestion of buying ready made patties - wtf? same for buns, "you can buy them". I don't need one of the most acclaimed chefs in the world to tell to buy prepared food...

while on the topic of books, Ad-hoc at Home is one that I've really enjoyed, this is proper high quality home cooking imo. So far I tried a couple of things which were great, for example this herb crusted lamb. I used the same glaze and crust on a pork tenderloin and it turned out great. I got a couple of dozen other things bookmarked from the book
                                "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎