• Sep 2006

Tooting Lido

</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
      • Sep 2006

Re: Tooting Lido

dbc, I absolutely love everything about those, including your titles.I have a soft spot for the dog pics though, especially the first one....should be your personal mascot, methinks. [75]</P>
      ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• dontbecruel
        • Sep 2006

Too Proud To Beg

I think I'd like my mascot to be a bit more assertive</p>

</p>

Comment

• laika
          • Sep 2006

Re: Too Proud To Beg

that's nice too, but the puss on that first one is just so perfect for your grouchier moods....[74]
          ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• kira
            • Mar 2008

love the first one too. [74] great photos from everyone. really nice to see what is observed through another's eyes in this informal arrangement.
            Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
              kitsch killer
              • Sep 2006

Here you go, Kira. It reminded me of the novel Perfume - Zuskind describes how the perfumer's house was built on the bridge. Off topic - never seen a good book result in such a terrible movie.</p>

</p>
              Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• mortalveneer
                • Jan 2008

A few more from IL

That last one from Illinois was favorably received, so here are a few more I took at the same time...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Trying to decide which of the last two I like better...any thoughts?</p>
                I am not who you think I am

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

Re: A few more from IL

sorry if you mentioned this already, whats your weapon of choice?
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• mortalveneer
                    • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]sorry if you mentioned this already, whats your weapon of choice?
                    [/quote]</p>

</p>

It shames me to admit this, but after having a really flossy Canon (I forget the exact model) stolen from me in barcelona six years ago, I've been using a hand-me-down from my mom Canon Powershot S30 (3.1 megapixel I think) from about that vintage...[:$]</p>

Maybe if I could stop spending money on SZ clothing, I could spring for something nicer...</p>

Comment

• kira
                      • Mar 2008

[quote user="mortalveneer"]

That last one from Illinois was favorably received, so here are a few more I took at the same time...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Trying to decide which of the last two I like better...any thoughts?</p>

[/quote]</p>

the quality of light is incredible in these. very nice.</p>

Comment

• philip nod
                        • Aug 2007

[quote user="mortalveneer"]

[quote user="philip nod"]sorry if you mentioned this already, whats your weapon of choice?
                        [/quote]</p>

</p>

It shames me to admit this, but after having a really flossy Canon (I forget the exact model) stolen from me in barcelona six years ago, I've been using a hand-me-down from my mom Canon Powershot S30 (3.1 megapixel I think) from about that vintage...[:$]</p>

Maybe if I could stop spending money on SZ clothing, I could spring for something nicer...</p>

[/quote]</p>

no shit. i've always thought megapixels are a joke. they keep uping them to 12 now on most prosumer cam, and i read an article that at 8 the difference becomes negligble, its just a selling point. i wonder how these look big.</p>

Comment

• mortalveneer
                          • Jan 2008

[quote user="philip nod"]

no shit. i've always thought megapixels are a joke. they keep uping them to 12 now on most prosumer cam, and i read an article that at 8 the difference becomes negligble, its just a selling point. i wonder how these look big.</p>

[/quote]</p>

Its sort of hit or miss whether a photo from my camera will suffer being made into an 8x10...some definitely still look great, but others, not at all. Past that size though, not a chance...</p>

</p>

I think i may have to start utilizing the RSG and save up for a decent camera with different lens options...especially given the job prospects for an econ masters these days...</p>

Anyone care to recommend a solid camera to shoot for (in the $1-1.5k range)?
                          </p>

Comment

• kira
                            • Mar 2008

[quote user="philip nod"][quote user="mortalveneer"]

[/quote]</p>

</p>

[/quote]</p>

[/quote]</p>

read about the same thing. things are only be discernible to the human eye to a certain point, beyond that it then does become negligible. but maybe the difference would become more apparent when blown up? never compared.
                            </p>

Comment

• philip nod
                              • Aug 2007

[quote user="mortalveneer"][quote user="philip nod"]

[/quote]</p>

Its sort of hit or miss whether a photo from my camera will suffer being made into an 8x10...some definitely still look great, but others, not at all. Past that size though, not a chance...</p>

</p>

I think i may have to start utilizing the RSG and save up for a decent camera with different lens options...especially given the job prospects for an econ masters these days...</p>

Anyone care to recommend a solid camera to shoot for (in the $1-1.5k range)?
                              </p>

[/quote]</p>

here's something that i do that works quite well. blow up your photo to 8x10 size. then have a new 8x10 negative made of it. then you are ballin' and you can ball your way up to 6x8ft and it looks nice.
                              </p>

the old digi camera are more forgiving and less digital than today, that perhaps is why your photos look very nice. </p>

Comment

• mortalveneer
                                • Jan 2008

Southern MD in late Feb.

I'm bored and avoiding thesis work, so here's a few from my restless meanderings in the south of the state...</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

</p>

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰