• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Diego
    • Aug 2007

Comment

• sam_tem
      • Apr 2007

damnit, finally checked it and the year-to-date change on my 401K is -29.6% and that isn't going to include this weeks bloodbath.

i guess this whole thing is still a positive for me since i'm lucky that i've only been working for a few years out of school, but i could have come up with some better things to do with 8K than watch it go down the drain (not to mention another 5K i've lost in other investment accounts).

the only thing that makes it better is knowing how fucked my parents feel and everyone else that's on the verge of retirement like they are.

also, the gov't needs to do more in forcing companies to offer roth 401k's cuz i'm already pissed off by thought that every dollar i put into my 401k is another dollar that i'm going to lose to taxes on my social security money.

there, i'm done venting.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

The terrible air quality in Nashville is brutal. Raced some kid for 80 miles yesterday and now my nose and throat are killing me after huffing pollen and ozone for 4.5 hours.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• unujnha
          • Sep 2008

http://sophisticatedfunk.blogspot.co...ut-her-ha.html
          ha?
          Last edited by unujnha; 10-07-2008, 04:47 AM.
          "Man is certainly crazy. He could not make a mite, and he makes gods by the dozen."

Comment

• ddohnggo
            • Oct 2006

tell me about it. my vanguard roth ira is -30%. shit is fucked. maybe i should sell all my cluthinz.

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
            damnit, finally checked it and the year-to-date change on my 401K is -29.6% and that isn't going to include this weeks bloodbath.

i guess this whole thing is still a positive for me since i'm lucky that i've only been working for a few years out of school, but i could have come up with some better things to do with 8K than watch it go down the drain (not to mention another 5K i've lost in other investment accounts).

the only thing that makes it better is knowing how fucked my parents feel and everyone else that's on the verge of retirement like they are.

also, the gov't needs to do more in forcing companies to offer roth 401k's cuz i'm already pissed off by thought that every dollar i put into my 401k is another dollar that i'm going to lose to taxes on my social security money.

there, i'm done venting.
            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Real Real
              • Feb 2007

Registered 5 voters today (last day to register in PA). I am getting really confident that voter turnout is going to be ridiculously high this year, particularly in categories that are traditionally underrepresented (blacks, young people). People say that every four years, but I think we're seeing a lot of concrete evidence that it's going to be true this time.

Comment

• theetruscan
                • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Real Real View Post
                Registered 5 voters today (last day to register in PA). I am getting really confident that voter turnout is going to be ridiculously high this year, particularly in categories that are traditionally underrepresented (blacks, young people). People say that every four years, but I think we're seeing a lot of concrete evidence that it's going to be true this time.
                I'm very worried about inadequate voter infrastructure this year. With turnout projections as high as they are, many polling places are (from surveys done) looking to run out of provisional and standard forms, lines should be expected to be hours long, and places relying on non VVPAT machines should expect to see swaths of lost votes from overtaxed machines failing.

If you have any means of voting absentee this year, do so. Your vote is far more likely to be counted.
                Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• philip nod
                  • Aug 2007

can yahoo please take down the human backflip machine which dominates their front page rotation. its been up for 3 days. i feel like they're trying to distract us from the economy.
                  One wonders where it will end, when everything has become gay.

Comment

• philip nod
                    • Aug 2007

for the first time in about two years i have absolutely no desire to buy any of this crap and am repelled just buy the mere sizing conversations. i feel like a new person. now one can step back and enjoy all these purchases. on the real

Comment

• Jon
                      • Apr 2008

"Yesterday, Lehman Brothers CEO Richard Fuld had a rough day under intense questioning from House members. However, his day was even tougher on Sunday when he was punched in the face at the gym by a man angry at the Lehman failure. Fuld “went to the gym after…Lehman was announced as going under,” said CNBC contributor Vicki Ward. “He was on a treadmill with a heart monitor on. Someone was in the corner, pumping iron and he walked over and he knocked him out cold.”"
                      Originally posted by merz
                      perhaps one day pipcleo will post a wywt so non-euclydian & eldrich in its shapes as to turn all onlookers into throngs of dishevelled, muttering idiots

Comment

• Faust
                        kitsch killer
                        • Sep 2006

Some of these cats are going to jail.
                        Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• philip nod
                          • Aug 2007

so ira update.
                          down 36%
                          at what point to i abandon ship? and anybody know the penalties?

Comment

• ddohnggo
                            • Oct 2006

don't abandon ship. leave it there, it'll rebound. it's a long term investment anyways so there's no need to take it out.
                            Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                              so ira update.
                              down 36%
                              Can you not push it into bonds while keeping in the IRA, one of my coworkers pulled everything in his IRA into bonds about a month ago? The real question is how much further you think stocks will drop. I've seen predictions of 6-7k dow if the margin selling cycle gets bad.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by philip nod View Post
                                so ira update.
                                down 36%
                                Leave it alone. Forget about it.
                                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎