• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lowrey
    ventiundici
    • Dec 2006

^ another quality post.
    "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Fade to Black
      • Sep 2008

perhaps it was an existential expression of the essential uncertainty that permeates everything that surrounds us, down to our very own existence. What better medium to question than the Internet, a hypercharged superhighway of information and textual exchange.

whoever said, 'anything can be interpreted in an infinite number of ways' wasn't lying ;)
      www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• Avantster
        ¤¤¤
        • Sep 2006

You're giving him far too much credit.

But as always I enjoy reading your thoughts.
        let us raise a toast to ancient cotton, rotten voile, gloomy silk, slick carf, decayed goat, inflamed ram, sooty nelton, stifling silk, lazy sheep, bone-dry broad & skinny baffalo.

Comment

• Fade to Black
          • Sep 2008

i was just messing around...
          www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• justine
            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by kira View Post
            A half hour later when I went to pay for my wine, I found one on my ro cardi, right on my chest. EEEEEEKKKKKK!!!!!
            Holy smoke! Ahh!
            Believe it or not, few years ago, I ended up with one in my hair! Total nightmare!!! I wanted to cry, run, jump inside a pool, shave my head, .... Freakin' nyc roaches...let's not talk about those rats now...

Comment

• kira
              • Mar 2008

Happy Birthday Maldoror
              Distraction is an obstruction of the construction.

Comment

• Faust
                kitsch killer
                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by kira View Post
                Happy Birthday Maldoror
                Happy Birthday man! I say pork buns and Sapporo at Ippudo on Friday!
                Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• DHC
                  • Jul 2007

Happy Birthday!
                  Originally posted by Faust
                  fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• ddohnggo
                    • Oct 2006

working for 15 hours straight sucks ass. i'm still working at the office.

happy b-day maldororrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.
                    Did you get and like the larger dick?

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Funk dat.

"Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg said on Wednesday that he would immediately halt a popular $400 property tax rebate and that he might need to raise the city’s personal income tax by up to 15 percent to help plug a budget shortfall expected to hit $4 billion in the next two years."

And to be more European,

"And in a move intended to both conserve resources and pad the coffers, Mr. Bloomberg said the city planned to charge customers a nickel for each plastic bag they use at every store, whether it be a bodega, a Barnes & Noble or a Balducci’s. Aides said they were working out details of the proposal."
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• lowrey
                        ventiundici
                        • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                        "And in a move intended to both conserve resources and pad the coffers, Mr. Bloomberg said the city planned to charge customers a nickel for each plastic bag they use at every store, whether it be a bodega, a Barnes & Noble or a Balducci’s. Aides said they were working out details of the proposal."
                        this should be applied to every single store in every corner of the world. for as long as I can remember, you've had to pay for grocery bags here. I believe it would have a major effect on the US plastic bag culture. the store employees always look at me weird when I take my 4 bags the packed, put the contents into one and give three back.
                        "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• sam_tem
                          • Apr 2007

the bag thing sounds retarded.

i'm sure they could close a big gap in the budget shortfall by raising the taxes on wall streets year-end bonuses. isn't it all gov't money anyways.

Comment

• sam_tem
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                            this should be applied to every single store in every corner of the world. for as long as I can remember, you've had to pay for grocery bags here. I believe it would have a major effect on the US plastic bag culture. the store employees always look at me weird when I take my 4 bags the packed, put the contents into one and give three back.
                            america is abysmal when it comes to recycling (houston has to be one of the most wasteful cities ever created). if the environment really is part of the concern the focus should be on recycling efforts and not charging people for things that are part of a companies overhead. i'd say they should make companies pay an extra tax for buying the bags and then let them decide how to pass the costs onto the consumer but that puts small business at a disadvantage.

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by sam_tem View Post
                              i'd say they should make companies pay an extra tax for buying the bags and then let them decide how to pass the costs onto the consumer but that puts small business at a disadvantage.
                              I shouldn't think it would. Normally, increased costs hit the small businesses harder, because giant chains can economize with scale. But, a flat fee added to every bag, regardless of if you buy 1 or 200000000000 can't be mitigated by buying in bulk. Is there something I'm missing? Are larger businesses invariably more profitable for every location/square foot or something. I didn't think so, but I'm NOT a business person.
                              (Just me thinking out loud, I dunno squat about this shit)
                              Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Faust
                                kitsch killer
                                • Sep 2006

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                                Agreed. I don't do it, but I will not complain when I will be forced to bring back reusable bags (Ikea in the US already charges you, and some chains like Trader Joe's and Whole Foods offers incentives for using reusable bags). The things is, it won't stop many people. What's another 50 cents on top of your shopping? It has to be either more money, or more of a cultural shift. Besides, it's kind of nostalgic - that's how we did think in the former S.U.

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎