X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Arcane
    • Jul 2008

Originally posted by Fuuma View Post
    Thanks guys. Tell me I'm not crazy though, this stuff is quite common for the end of gen x or start of gen whatev from the western world?
    Yeah, shit is messed up... it's way too common. Experienced my first (and only one so this far) one at 17 when a very close friend shot himself. Crazy thing was no one saw it coming, you never look at your life in the same way after something like that.
    Label me landlord, I keep k's in my hand

Comment

• Davie
      • Nov 2007

Originally posted by Arcane View Post
      Yeah, shit is messed up... it's way too common. Experienced my first (and only one so this far) one at 17 when a very close friend shot himself. Crazy thing was no one saw it coming, you never look at your life in the same way after something like that.
      It's been 2-3 weeks and I'm still trembled whenever I think of her. It's so surreal, someone u know and love.

We're a lost generation man. We think all these RO leather and CCP overlock will solve all of our problems, yet it wont!!

And speaking of beer, I'm sure someone has mentioned but nothing can beat a Blue Moon w/ a slice of orange. My other favs: Sierra Nevada, Fat Tire for a cold night, good old Hef and many more. I really love beer!

Comment

• BeauIXI
        • Nov 2008

^I think Davie doesn't intend that suicide never happened to previous generations, rather he just means to underline that the cause of so many suicides isn't exactly external, it's not poverty, as in the great depression, or despair as in the dark ages, but a strange sort of depressed nihilism that comes, well, really from the lack of God, in my opinion. In the Nietzchean sense, not the Christian sense. Once a 30-something does have more time on his/her hands, it must be rather easy to slump into despair. I don't think that any particular generation is lost, it's more the individual's struggle to find meaning. And you are definitely right- Mr. Palahniuk is not going to be our messiah, he's just stating what's already been said countless times by greater men, only in the dialect of pop culture.

Plus, staying the religious course, RO and CCP actually become an almost religious experience, don't you think, Davie? Like an entire belief system built on looking dope.. Is that wrong?

And furthermore! I want to get a big bottle of Guilden Draak and drink it all. That's what I really came here to say.
        Originally posted by philip nod
        somebody should kop this. this is forever.

Comment

• AKA*NYC
          • Nov 2007

redacted (for laika)
          Last edited by AKA*NYC; 12-03-2008, 07:22 PM.
          LOVE THE SHIRST... HOW much?

Comment

• laika
            • Sep 2006

^AKA, maybe we should leave that emoticon out of this particular discussion?

Fuuma, I am really sorry to hear that. I have not experienced that sort of loss myself, but I have feared for it. And I am also of the same generation, although "technically" a part of Gen Y.

***Also, I absinthe. Hard to get the real thing over here though.
            ...I mean the ephemeral, the fugitive, the contingent, the half of art whose other half is the eternal and the immutable.

Comment

• BECOMING-INTENSE
              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by laika View Post
              Fuuma, I am really sorry to hear that. I have not experienced that sort of loss myself, but I have feared for it. And I am also of the same generation, although "technically" a part of Gen Y.

***Also, I absinthe. Hard to get the real thing over here though.
              And a lifted glass to you Fuuma. A 15 Year old Laphroaig will
              do well in times like these. I'm sorry ...

Are you afraid of women, Doctor?
              Of course.

www.becomingmads.com

Comment

• Fade to Black
                • Sep 2008

My condolences, Fuuma.

And yes there is something quite unsettling about suicide/self-mutilation in today's youth, even up to my generation that is kinda in between youth and adulthood. I don't know if it's really been prevalent all along, or the fact the media of my hometown tends to place a heavy focus in the sensationalizing of it (magazines/tabloids here really focus on getting up close, both visually and psychologically, when someone famous has cut themselves, or a self-destructive teenager is front-page material for the weeklies that are basically the equivalent of an HK Time magazine)...I am not so sure if bringing such things to public consciousness is wholesome reporting. I find it exploitative at best, and at worst it is a very wrong form of enabling for some already down the wrong path...
                www.matthewhk.net

let me show you a few thangs

Comment

• JSebbe
                  • Mar 2008

Best beer = Rochefort #8.

oooh canaaadaaaa, nomnomnom (best label on a bottle ever I might add):

In general beer from monasteries in Belgium (such as lambics etc) beats almost everything. Thats why I love Belgium, best beer, best clothings. Cannot say my world circulates around anything else, well that would be books n' music.. but thats as far as it goes.

Thats a nice beer faust.

I usually store some of my favorites, have been saving some beers for over 3-4years now.. so considering my age (21), thats quite along time anyways. Although, most beer I store, I drink after a year or two.

edit-
                  just bought a Thomas Hardy's ale 08! Stock 'em up once a year.
                  tip, tip, really nice!
                  (pic from 03 one)
                  Last edited by JSebbe; 12-05-2008, 12:13 PM.

Comment

• Johannes Thorsen
                    • Jun 2007

Beer shouldnt be stored jsebbe

Favorite beer has got to be some beers I get from a friend (his dad makes the beer himself - owns some german breweries) can remember the name on the different beers but their pilsner is great

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

Jsebb, spread the love! I also like Rochefrt 8 (10 or 12 however are too strong for my taste). where do I get this Hardy's ale? That looks awesome!
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JSebbe
                        • Mar 2008

german pilsner beer, yuck.

It's 6, 8, 10. (: Yeah, they're good but yes true, not as good as the #8.

Dunno, in the states, here in Sweden we have 'Systembolaget' which is a monopoly that have the control of alcoholic beverages. So some 'Systembolag' takes them in. You can only buy at the highest 3.5% beverages at normal stores.

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

/\ Yea, I noticed that when I was in Sweden. One of those WTF moments.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• JSebbe
                            • Mar 2008

Hah, yeah. I could imagine.

Went back to 'systemet~' to buy something for my GF.
                            Got this for me as well (the 08 edition though ^_-):
                            Anchor Christmas Ale, 1500ml bottle. Wont open it before christmas eve though!

Comment

• DHC
                              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by JSebbe View Post

I usually store some of my favorites, have been saving some beers for over 3-4years now..
                              That's awesome JSebbe! I wish I could exercise that kind of self restraint. Bottle conditioned beers soften out so beautifully. What do you have sitting in your locker?
                              Originally posted by Faust
                              fuck you, i don't have an attitude problem.

Sartorialoft

"She is very ninja, no?" ~Peter Jevnikar

Comment

• JSebbe
                                • Mar 2008

Heh, too many to list! ^^
                                But all mentioned above in previous editions. Usually buy two if there are any news at 'systembolaget', also get together with friends and order (you have to order a special amount for 'systembolaget' shalt take 'em in).
                                You drink one when you buy it, take some notes and then wait to drink the second one and then compare! Quite easy for me not to drink 'em, since I store it at my mothers house. If I had them at my apartment, when I'm drunk I would get berzerk on them!
                                p.s my mother doesnt like these kind of beers, so she wont touch them d.s

Something I'm truly is waiting
                                for though is Octomore II - The Beast. It's not a beer, but a whisky (forgot to add that to the list up there on my interests ).
                                Octomore II will mature in Warehouse Five until Jim believes it is ready to be bottled, which we anticipate being in no less than eight years time.
                                http://www.bruichladdich.com/octomore2.htm

It will be the most heavily peated whisky ever made! Cannot wait until I will have it in my hand, though as said in the quote, it can take a long time. Though it has gone 4 years already.

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎