Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • stereophobic
    • Aug 2009

Unibroue will cease exports temporarily (read: years) while they improve their brewery capacity after 2009 to focus on supplying the domestic market :/ La fin du monde is my fave belgian strong ale.
    An object in possession seldom retains the same charm that it had in pursuit.

Comment

• Therianthrope
      • Aug 2009

You're probably not "missing out" on the Fuller's ESB, but it's certainly worth a try one day...

Unibroue has some pretty great beers. I guess that's one plus for living in Canada! If you stumble across upon of their anniversary concotions like "16" or "17," snap it up!!

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
        Unibroue will cease exports temporarily (read: years) while they improve their brewery capacity after 2009 to focus on supplying the domestic market :/ La fin du monde is my fave belgian strong ale.
        Oh fuck that. I'm gonna go clear out my local beer shops. Goddamnit.

EDIT: Phew. I thought domestic market was just Canada.
        Last edited by theetruscan; 10-15-2009, 01:56 PM.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• stereophobic
          • Aug 2009

Aren't you in the US? Domestic market for Unibroue is North America. It's the Aussies and etc who get screwed out of their delicious beer (although I rather have a trappist product than trois pistoles or maudite, nothing I've tried comes close to LFDM)
          Last edited by stereophobic; 10-16-2009, 02:14 AM.

Comment

• Therianthrope
            • Aug 2009

Originally posted by stereophobic View Post
            Aren't you in the US? Domestic market for Unibroue is North America. It's the Aussies and etc who get screwed out of their delicious beer (although I rather have a trappist product than trois pistoles or maudite, nothing I've tried comes close to LDFM)
            Maybe I'll try a trappist. I always see the trappist dubbel, then the tripel right next to it. I think "all men play on ten" dubbels are for wusses... I go to grab the tripel and begin imagining rubbing alcohol + motor oil, Wildcat Strong, or malt liquor... then move along to the next item.

As far as "domestic market" weirdness goes... run-of-the-mill Alexander Keith's is brewed on the east coast of Canada, yet in its considered an import in Western Canada?

Comment

• stereophobic
              • Aug 2009

Originally posted by Therianthrope View Post
              Maybe I'll try a trappist. I always see the trappist dubbel, then the tripel right next to it. I think "all men play on ten" dubbels are for wusses... I go to grab the tripel and begin imagining rubbing alcohol + motor oil, Wildcat Strong, or malt liquor... then move along to the next item.

As far as "domestic market" weirdness goes... run-of-the-mill Alexander Keith's is brewed on the east coast of Canada, yet in its considered an import in Western Canada?
              Why stop at tripel? I consider the Rochefort 10 my fave beer.

Comment

• mw000
                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                Currently enjoying. Good, but not as good as Hoegaarden.

I must try this. I'm a big fan of Hoegaarden for a lighter beer.

I have to say a pint of the black stuff is still my usual first choice. (Guinness)

Comment

• theetruscan
                  • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
                  I must try this. I'm a big fan of Hoegaarden for a lighter beer.

I have to say a pint of the black stuff is still my usual first choice. (Guinness)
                  In the US at least, Guinness is pretty undistinguished. The 250th anniversary stuff is a touch more interesting, but still skippable. I assume it's better closer to Ireland.
                  Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Stack
                    • Jan 2008

Never heard of that Faust. Likewise, I'm a big fan of Hoegaarden (plus an orange slice) so I'll look out for this one.

Currently enjoying a couple of Erdingers in my new apartment ... I really should help my girlfriend unpack but I'm stuck on the sofa feeling slightly buzzed, listening to some Samon Kawamura. I'm sure I'm making a good impression!
                    once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• Faust
                      kitsch killer
                      • Sep 2006

/\ Blue Moon is another cheap American substitute for Hoegaarden. Still, Hoegaarden trumps both, in my opinion.
                      Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Stack
                        • Jan 2008

I've tried Bluemoon - it took Hoe's place for a minute, but I went back to her shortly after.

Moved on to old faithful Heineken Imported now.
                        once you get off the drugs and the alcohol, that's when you realise how dark you really are

Comment

• theetruscan
                          • Jan 2008

I've been hung up on lately

Comment

• mw000
                            • Jan 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                            In the US at least, Guinness is pretty undistinguished. The 250th anniversary stuff is a touch more interesting, but still skippable. I assume it's better closer to Ireland.
                            Thats too bad.

The USA is generally all about BUD, Miller Light, and for a touch of class Bud Light with Lime

Looking at Le Merle, It is making me think of this beer that I had that had a slight champagne feel to it.

I can't recall the name and it is really bothering me now

Another beer I quite enjoy is Grolsch

Comment

• theetruscan
                              • Jan 2008

Originally posted by mw000 View Post
                              Thats too bad.

The USA is generally all about BUD, Miller Light, and for a touch of class Bud Light with Lime
                              Nope. You have no clue.

Comment

• mw000
                                • Jan 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
                                Nope. You have no clue.
                                I wasn't being serious!

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢