Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • galia
    • Jun 2009

I guess sony vaio has a super small and super light laptop that you could use this way, while having most of the functionalities of a normal computer. no idea of the price though, I guess slightly lower than mac but not really cheap

but I'm told they are quite sturdy and have very good betteries, which is also important if you're carrying it around

Comment

• Alesha
      • Apr 2009

I want black mac book pro. Becouse every time I am sitting on veranda at my dacha, the sun reflects and shines into my face, tanning me heavily and killing evil pallid bad ass look... Tan also makes me look liberal and that is dangerous to have.

Quite naturally, the technologic device I expect to be recomended to me is umbrella or sunshade, however I do like to sit in the sun, becouse it only happens six days a month in Moscow and getting some sunshine is essential for healthy living.

Also I want them to make black mac book pro that does not heat during some and heats deliberately during winter.
      Originally posted by interest1
      I'm pulling you off my friends list if you don't put down the vodka.

Comment

• theetruscan
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
        Macbook Air price is approaching sanity level, but still insane.
        Macbook air remains complete crap to me. For a portable/lightweight usable machine, I need a few things. I need a real 6+ hour battery life, I need to be able to plug things in, and I need it to consistently work. The macbook air is 1 for 3. I love it, and if I had the funds to have a toy laptop I bring only to coffee shops for 1-2 hours, where shit battery life and terrible connectivity options weren't a problem, I might get one. But, in the end I got a lenovo X series. It's less visually impressive, it's nothing special, but it weighs the same, lasts most of a day, and has a slew of connection options. The macbook pros are starting to approach useful, so I have hope that they'll revise the MB Air sometime soon to have adequate battery and connection.
        Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• theetruscan
          • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Alesha View Post
          Also I want them to make black mac book pro that does not heat during some and heats deliberately during winter.
          Physics is your enemy.
          Hobo: We all dress up. We all put on our armour before we walk out the door, but that doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re trying to be someone else.

Comment

• Alesha
            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by theetruscan View Post
            Physics is your enemy.
            Isn't it a slave of humanity?

Comment

• lowrey
              ventiundici
              • Dec 2006

Macbook air remains complete crap to me. For a portable/lightweight usable machine, I need a few things. I need a real 6+ hour battery life, I need to be able to plug things in, and I need it to consistently work. The macbook air is 1 for 3. I love it, and if I had the funds to have a toy laptop I bring only to coffee shops for 1-2 hours, where shit battery life and terrible connectivity options weren't a problem, I might get one. But, in the end I got a lenovo X series. It's less visually impressive, it's nothing special, but it weighs the same, lasts most of a day, and has a slew of connection options. The macbook pros are starting to approach useful, so I have hope that they'll revise the MB Air sometime soon to have adequate battery and connection.
              agreed, I ended up getting a HP elitebook quite recently, weighs less than a mackbook, crazy 8hr battery life and all other goodies.
              "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Enaml
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by mike lowrey View Post
                agreed, I ended up getting a HP elitebook quite recently, weighs less than a mackbook, crazy 8hr battery life and all other goodies.
                Is that the battery life advertised, or what you've actually gotten?
                How do you guys like the fit of my new CCP suit?

Comment

• Faust
                  kitsch killer
                  • Sep 2006

Actually, I just priced Mini 10V on the Dell's website, and for $350 it looks like everything I need (word processing + internet). Except that it's Dell, of course.
                  Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• theetruscan
                    • Jan 2008

Originally posted by Faust View Post
                    Actually, I just priced Mini 10V on the Dell's website, and for $350 it looks like everything I need (word processing + internet). Except that it's Dell, of course.
                    Hmmm. Any reason not to get the MSI Wind? The U115 is $500, which is a bit more, but it's got amazing battery life, SSD for system and regular disk for files. It's quite zippy, well made, comes with rave reviews.

Comment

• lowrey
                      ventiundici
                      • Dec 2006

Originally posted by Enaml View Post
                      Is that the battery life advertised, or what you've actually gotten?
                      advertised with the stock battery. haven't really been able to confirm it as it never runs out
                      "AVANT GUARDE HIGHEST FASHION. NOW NOW this is it people, these are the brands no one fucking knows and people are like WTF. they do everything by hand in their freaking secret basement and shit."

STYLEZEITGEIST MAGAZINE | BLOG

Comment

• Chinorlz
                        • Sep 2006

damn... 13" macbook pro with student discount is $1100 and they're throwing in a free ipod touch. Get both, sell the latter for a couple hundred and you just got a nice comp for under $1k!
                        www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

• Faust
                          kitsch killer
                          • Sep 2006

Originally posted by Chinorlz View Post
                          damn... 13" macbook pro with student discount is $1100 and they're throwing in a free ipod touch. Get both, sell the latter for a couple hundred and you just got a nice comp for under $1k!
                          Even sweeter if you have AMEX.
                          Fashion is a form of ugliness so intolerable that we have to alter it every six months - Oscar Wilde

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Alesha
                            • Apr 2009

Now I envy americans and their crazy deals.

Comment

• Faust
                              kitsch killer
                              • Sep 2006

yea, when it comes to technology, this is the land of the bargain. we get so blase about it too. "bluray player for $200? fuck that! another drkshdw tee for $200, yeah!!!"

StyleZeitgeist Magazine

Comment

• Chinorlz
                                • Sep 2006

oh sweet Faust, thanks for that!!

May be picking one of these up next week then especially now that we're talking almost $400 off the already lowered retail once everything is all said and done!
                                www.AlbertHuangMD.com - Digital Portfolio Of Projects & Designs

Merz (5/22/09):"i'm a firm believer that the ultimate prevailing logic in design is 'does shit look sick as fuck' "

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                😀
                                🥰
                                🤢
                                😎
                                😡
                                👍
                                👎